If you had to date one person in Odyssey who would it be????

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

would you date

of course
28%
no way dating is for non christians
21%
only if i found someone i want to date!!!
51%

Total votes: 119

FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

the older Jared sounds uber cute!! either him or the older jimmey <333
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Felicity Blackgaard
I'm not Gabe

Post by Felicity Blackgaard »

Actually, Edwin Blackgaard. XD But it'd be a very formal courtship or Jason Whittaker.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

ok, so I know he was a crook, and I probably wouldn't actually date him...but I loved Jellyfish!!! \:D/
Alisha Richardson Wolfe
Fourscore and seven

Post by Alisha Richardson Wolfe »

Hmm.... Jason. He is awesome! Or I would steal from Marisol Delko Caine, Richard Maxwell. or from Prplrane_13, Jack Davis. I can't make up my mind too well.
I like Odyssey. DBD was my favorite saga and I am friends with Eric Delko and prplrane_13. Marisol Delko Caine is my sister. I like Ponybox and listen to Linkin Park and Newsboys.
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

Ok, so he's ALOT older than me but I choose

Whit!

j/k. Wooton for sure
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Hey! :wave:

I am a guy, so I would date a girl. I would have to say Tasha, I don't know if she is a Christian though. :-k
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
FriendlyFangirl88
Not as new

Post by FriendlyFangirl88 »

My first instinct is to say Jason.
...but, for reasons established in canon, that wouldn't work out.
So than I thought, and think, Richard Maxwell. But...

If we're talking about a date, one, single, probably dinner, date...

Edwin. So much I want to discuss with him. Seriously...I would *buy* dinner if we could discuss his analysis of some of my favorite Shakesperian scenes and find out why he seems to avoid the Shakesperian comedies...yeah, I'm a bit of a theater nerd, so a date with Edwin would be tons of fun. It wouldn't work out though.

Richard I'd have a better shot at something longer lasting though.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

I probably wouldn’t date not because it’s unchristian but that I don’t have an interest to date right now. I still have a long time till I get married so I don’t bother with dating.
You should probably add another option and that is simply “no”. I don’t understand why there is the option of “no way dating is for non Christians” and that it has a lot of votes. My denomination (Pilgrim Holiness) is one of the more conservative probably one of the most conservative denominations. We’re not quite as conservative as the Amish or the Mennonite but close another that I get called Amish by people who don’t know the ways of the Amish (which is a lot of people, trust me). Dating is not considered un-Christian in our denomination but there are still boundaries but our president of the denomination dated.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

And Adventism is conservative... there are a lot of conservative denominations/religions out there.

Also, this thread was made 5 years ago... unless someone wanted to change the poll from that long ago... it might have to stick. Plus, this thread is for fun. Even if you're not dating age, or don't care, sometimes it's just fun to think about. I mean, I don't really want to date myself, and when I answered this thread a few years back, I was younger...

Some people considered dating to be "non-Christian" because they think it can't be like courtship, and they think that is Christian. Dating also implies much different things from courtship, so it turns off many Christians. I'm not an expert because I haven't really "dated" (yeah... I'm not qualifying the three "dates" with dad and loser boy as dating), and the idea of courtship sort of turns me off.

Everyone's different.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:Hey! :wave:

I am a guy, so I would date a girl. I would have to say Tasha, I don't know if she is a Christian though. :-k
LOL!!! \:D/

And also...

LOL to "dating being unchristian".

With all due respect, don't talk about things you don't understand, that's offensive to the multitudes of married couples here who successfully and Christianly dated their way to marriage, and those currently dating who are doing nothing wrong.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Hmm...if I dated anyone in Odyssey...

I don't really know. I mean, I'm one of the few girls in my school who hasn't had a "boyfriend" yet (you may laugh when you look at my age over there to the right of the post), so I'm not sure what "my type" would be.

But if Trent weren't taken...sigh :inlove:
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Jason, for sure!!

Although, there was a time when I considered Wooton. Goofy or adventurous? So many decisions.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

The Top Crusader wrote:
jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:Hey! :wave:

LOL!!! \:D/

And also...

LOL to "dating being unchristian".

With all due respect, don't talk about things you don't understand, that's offensive to the multitudes of married couples here who successfully and Christianly dated their way to marriage, and those currently dating who are doing nothing wrong.
Hey, we don't know if Tasha is a Christian! :x
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:You should probably add another option and that is simply “no”. I don’t understand why there is the option of “no way dating is for non Christians” and that it has a lot of votes.
Well of course- arranged marriages are certainly the ONLY way to go :noway:. Dating? Psh. You evil fiends :x.
TigerintheShadows

Exactly! EVERYONE knows that ALL arranged marriages are ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL and are EXACTLY the kind of thing a TRUE CHRISTIAN would do! :mad:
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

TigerintheShadows wrote:Hmm...if I dated anyone in Odyssey...

I don't really know. I mean, I'm one of the few girls in my school who hasn't had a "boyfriend" yet (you may laugh when you look at my age over there to the right of the post), so I'm not sure what "my type" would be.

But if Trent weren't taken...sigh :inlove:
XD You'd have a bit of competition for Trent though Tiger... yay to fighting over a fictional character! \:D/
TigerintheShadows

Tiger vs. Mandy...THE ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN!
AIO tumblr sideblog
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Ha, I was talking about myself too... :P

;)
Young&Mighty
Pilgrim

Post by Young&Mighty »

I can't think of anyone who fits my style. So until there's someone in Odyssey, it's an "I'm not dating" response from me.
"Adventure is Out There"

~Charles Muntz from "Up"
TigerintheShadows

Smaug the dragon wrote:Ha, I was talking about myself too... :P

;)
Tiger vs Mandy VS SMAUG? :shock: AAAAH! It's CRAZY in this fight arena! :mad:
AIO tumblr sideblog