Win any CCM Song of Your Choice!

with exceptions of course

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.

How should the award be given?

By being "gifted" through iTunes
33%
By being emailed by Birdie or Macnut
67%

Total votes: 15

Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Win any CCM Song of Your Choice!

Post by Fei »

Yes, like the header says, win a CCM song of your choice! Macnut and I are hosting a contest which allows you to have the chance to get that song you've always wanted, for free!

Now, how we will send you the song. As you can see in the poll above that we don't want a bunch of people coming after us with pitch forks if we just email you one of our songs so we decided to take a vote. Any how, majority rules so if most of you want us to "gift" the song to you through iTunes, that's fine. If you want us to email the song to you (Macnut and me might have it) then we'll do that.

All you have to do is answer some questions that we'll PM to you if you wish to join. Joining is easy. Just donate to me or Macnut saying that you want to participate along with the small entry fee of $10. Or simply post in this thread.

Ok, so you know what this contest is for now lets move along to some simple rules.

1. The song you choose must be by a CCM artist or a Christian song. Absoulutly no song that you wouldn't listen to with your grandma.

2. You may not use anything to help you answer the questions (except your brain, duh). This means, no wikipedia, no going on any website that'll help you. We appreciate it if you do not violate our trust and cheat :) You may ask a friend to help answer some questions.

3. One entry per person.

So that wraps it up, oh, the deadline to sign up is May 18. We'll hopefully announce the winner a few days later. Hope y'all will enter and Macnut and I look forward to your entries!
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Birdie wrote: 1. The song you choose must be by a CCM artist or a Christian song. Absoulutly no song that you wouldn't listen to with your grandma.
This is probably a really dumb question.
What exactly does CCM stand for?
So does that mean I can't choose a country song? (I am a huge country fan) Because the country song I want, I would listen to with my grandma :D
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Contemporary Christian Music. Now, this is a Christian board so let's keep the song Christian. Now, I'm not sure about Macnut, but I'm not real strict on rules and it could bend a little depending on the song. So, let's just say that you could get Jesus, Take the Wheel, which is country, but you can't get Not Ready To Make Nice, for example. Hope that helps.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Birdie wrote:Contemporary Christian Music. Now, this is a Christian board so let's keep the song Christian. Now, I'm not sure about Macnut, but I'm not real strict on rules and it could bend a little depending on the song. So, let's just say that you could get Jesus, Take the Wheel, which is country, but you can't get Not Ready To Make Nice, for example. Hope that helps.
Thanks alot, that helps!
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Birdie wrote:1. The song you choose must be by a CCM artist or a Christian song. Absoulutly no song that you wouldn't listen to with your grandma.
My mom and grandma don't/didn't like anything contemporary. :anxious:
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Guys, I was just joking. But really, would you listen to SexyBack with your grandma? Of course not. That's what I meant by it.
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

JesusIsAlive wrote:
Birdie wrote:1. The song you choose must be by a CCM artist or a Christian song. Absoulutly no song that you wouldn't listen to with your grandma.
My mom and grandma don't/didn't like anything contemporary. :anxious:
Nothing that a normal, christian person wouldn't listen to with a 5-year-old in earshot.

But like Birdie said, it was a joke. :D

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

The only "legal" way for this contest to work is to buy and gift it through itunes.
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

ek wrote:The only "legal" way for this contest to work is to buy and gift it through itunes.
Yeah, that's why I was thinking that's probably what we should do...

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Hey guys, sorry I've been so slow to update this contest!

Ok, well, I'm going to be totally honest. We only recieved two entries because, unfortunally, our contestants believed the quiz was too challenging. Before I announce the winner I'd like to post the questions that were asked and the answers. Tell us if you believe them to be difficult ;)
What is Jeremy Camp's wife's name? Adie

Name one of Matthew West's albums? Happy or History

Who has awarded the GMA Dove for artist of the year? Aaron Shust

What song won the GMA Dove for worship song of the year? Chris Tomlin and Louie Giglio

About how many Dove awards has SCC won? 51

Mercy Me's song "I Can Only Imagine" has appeared in what American Idol contestants iTunes celeberty playlist? Phil Stacy

Rebecca St.James is from what country? Austrailia

The "W" in Micheal W. Smith's name stands for what? Whitaker

How many albums has Third Day realeased? Eleven

What Christian band creates parodies like Weird Al? ApologetiX

What artist sings the song "Anyway"? Martina McBride

What music group is composed of Chrissy Conway, Alisa Girard, and Kristin Swinford? ZOEgirl

The album "Awaken" is created by who? Natalie Grant

Switchfoot plays what genres of music? Rock/Alternative/Christian & Religious

What Backstreet Boy is now a CCM artist? Brian Litrell

Who is considered the "Justin Timberlake" of CCM? tobyMac

Name one of Chris Tomlin's favorite guitar brands? Collings, McPherson, Gibson or Fender Tele

Who sings Butterfly Kisses? Bob Carlisle

Who is the lead singer of Relient K? Matt Thiessen

Which of these two famous singers claims to be a Christian, Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood? Both

BONUS

Who is the youngest artist to have a #1 single? JoJo

Name five songs that were nominated for the 2007 Grammys. Crazy, Be Without You, Put Your Records On, Waiting For the World to Change, Dani California, SexyBack, Not Ready To Make Nice, Jesus Take the Wheel, Hide and Seek, Ain't No Other Man, Unwritten, You Can Close Your Eyes, Stupid Boys, Black Horse and the Cherry Tree, You're Beautiful, Save Room, Jenny Wren, Bad DAy, My Humps, I Will Follow You Into the Dark, Over My Head (Cable Car), Is it Any Wonder, Stickwitu

Who sings "Miss Independent"? Kelly Clarkson

Name three songs sung by Avril Lavigne. There are a ton and I didn't feel like posting them all but here top sellers are:

Who is one of Birdie's and Macnut's favorite male CCM artist? SCC
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Those were hard! Wow, I would've only got like the first and the last... :anxious: Oh, and I knew that Kelly Clarkson sang independent... But, besides that... WOW!
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

er.. I knew the majority of them. But, to each their own. ;)
Jonnyboy12
Tallying up

Post by Jonnyboy12 »

i only knew 3-4 of them
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I knew about five of them. ;)
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

If I had only done this sooner
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

I only got two or three in my entry :(.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

ek wrote:The only "legal" way for this contest to work is to buy and gift it through itunes.

Wow, Adrian actually suggesting to do something the legal way? :-
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

I only knew 3. Plus the last bonus question. So, yeah, I'd say it was a tad too hard ;)

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Oh my goodness, I forgot to announce the winner! *slaps self* Well, the winner is Christina S! Congratulations Christina, PM for your prize selection!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Congratulations, Christina S! \:D/ Good for you!