Procrastination

Oh noes!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Packing is...

Fun. I love packing! Yayz!
68%
Horrible. I'd rather clean bathrooms.
32%

Total votes: 22

Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Procrastination

Post by Stubborn »

Okay, so I have this trip coming up. A 24 hour bus drive to Texas where I will be staying for 3 days. Then an 8 hour drive to Missouri where I'll be going to a training conference and then camp.

I'll be leaving this Sunday, and I need to start packing. But I don't really feel like it. So, I have decided to procrastinate. :yes: Much more fun. \:D/

Any stories about procrastination that will help me get moving? :anxious:
don't forget the rain.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

6 lessons of math-type work to do today, right after I finish this test. I've been procrastinating because this test has frightened me. Still is frightening me, I do not particularly expect to acquire a good grade on this...

So get moving! :x

;)

I'm also going to BattleCry this weekend, but I haven't started packing. I actually feel no need to, I usually wait, and eventually end up forgetting various important things.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Lucy wrote:Okay, so I have this trip coming up. A 24 hour bus drive to Texas where I will be staying for 3 days. Then an 8 hour drive to Missouri where I'll be going to a training conference and then camp.

I'll be leaving this Sunday, and I need to start packing. But I don't really feel like it. So, I have decided to procrastinate. :yes: Much more fun. \:D/

Any stories about procrastination that will help me get moving? :anxious:
heh, I can relate--I have a bunch of stuff that needs to be packed by Thu morning. Yeah, pretty sure I won't start until tomorrow night.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I don't mind packing. So I voted packing, because I'd rather do that then clean bathrooms. I normally pack the night before we leave, or the day of depending on if we're leaving in the morning or afternoon.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

*didn't realize there was a poll*

Much rather pack. I enjoy it, I've just been putting it off this time around.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

There are always plenty of stories. For instance, studying for my American Constitutional Law final tomorrow. Or my orientation meeting for that study abroad trip which meets sometime today. Or even the luncheon with the lawyer from Dorsey & Whitney that I was supposed to schedule on Thursday. I could be doing all of these things, yes. But who would want to when one can procrastinate indefinitely?
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I hate packing. I would much rather clean bathrooms. I always want to take WAY more than I need, because I can NEVER decide which clothes to bring etc. Anyway, I am shutting up now :-# :D

Christina
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I absolutely hate packing too. Of course I don't like traveling anymore either. There are a couple of reasons for that. My family and I did a lot of traveling when I was a kid because of my father's work and the second reason is 9/11/01, that day cured me of wanderlust.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I LUV packing!!!!!!! I luv car trips too! and I luv vacations!!! Guess where I am right now? :anxious: ... okay, I'll tell you. I'm in Florida on vacation! \:D/ Its awesome here! \:D/
WatchaCall
Animatronic

Post by WatchaCall »

Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? :D
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

I like packing. What I loathe entirely is unpacking. I'd rather continue to live out of my suitcase. :D
JesusIsAlive wrote:I love packing!!!!!!! I love car trips too! and I love vacations!!! Guess where I am right now? :anxious: ... okay, I'll tell you. I'm in Florida on vacation! \:D/ Its awesome here! \:D/
Gosh! You picked a great week. The weather is so great right now, much better than it typically is this time of year. Where in Florida are you?

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I like to make a list of stuff that I want to pack so that I don't forget my toothbrush or stuff like that, but I usually procrastinate the actual packing process. I'm better at list-making than actually doing the stuff on the list. ;)

I agree with Macnut about unpacking - I don't like doing that either. :noway:

I hope that you have lots of fun, Lucy! \:D/
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

As a kid, I made it a point to pack early.
That way I didn't get in trouble.

Now, since I travel frequently (like this weekend again), I keep an overnight bag packed almost constantly.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Yay! All done! \:D/

Okay, so this morning, my mother came into my room and forced me to pack. I moved my whole room into my new one, and packed my bag for the trip. \:D/

I'm so glad it's over. It really wasn't as hard as I expected it to be. (Like usual.) :anxious:

Now I can just relax until Sunday. \:D/

I just hope I can survive the bus drive....

I usually don't pack until the night before I have to leave. I rarely forget stuff, since I have a sister who is so perfect she finishes her packing early and comes in to my room and watches to make sure I don't forget anything. :- Packing and unpacking has become a routine for me. But I *still* dread it. Funny... :-k

But I'm all done, and I'm so happy! I can look forward to my trip now. \:D/

Let's see what new adventures Texas holds for me this time...
don't forget the rain.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I am packed as well ^_^ Took me about two hours to get to a point where I'm comfortable with what I have done.
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

Good for you Lucy! Hope your trip is great!

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Macnut wrote:I like packing. What I loathe entirely is unpacking. I'd rather continue to live out of my suitcase. :D
JesusIsAlive wrote:I love packing!!!!!!! I love car trips too! and I love vacations!!! Guess where I am right now? :anxious: ... okay, I'll tell you. I'm in Florida on vacation! \:D/ Its awesome here! \:D/
Gosh! You picked a great week. The weather is so great right now, much better than it typically is this time of year. Where in Florida are you?
I was in Pensacola for my sister's graduation!