Attention! Start being more Grateful!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Arla
Popsicle kid

Attention! Start being more Grateful!

Post by Arla »

We take so much for granted. Remember when you first heard of e-mail? I thought it sounded so cool that you could use something to write people through a wire. Today we just click on and don't give e-mail or the internet a second thought. Infact, if it takes longer than usually to log on we get fusturated when years ago we didn't even know what logging on meant. Fresh fruit keeps nicely in our refrigerator. A hundred years ago fresh fruit was a expensive tropical fruit, now we just take on out and don't think how cool it is that we are eating fruit from another part of the country. Planes.... we just get on and go, not thinking how amazing it is that we can travel across the country in just hours!!! What ever made us stop taking thing for granted? Books...a hundred year ago, were for the rich! No one today treasures their books as much as people of the past did and are thankful that they can buy them. Education! In the past education was a source of pride for the person who had a good one. Today, we just trudge on to school with no sense of pride or joy, because were're used to it. What made us lose the wonder of technology! We just hop in any vehicle not being thankful that we have one! Thankful that we don't have to travel by horse and buggy. And then If the car breaks down or has a problem we get all upset, not remembering a time when people had to walk all the way. Remotes! We can't find it and we freak out! Because how can we possibly live without it? Why not stop and be grateful just that the remote was invented? Hot water! What would a shower be without it? People, at one time, had to heat it up and then put it in tub! We just have to turn a faucet knob. If we take a shower and the hot water is gone, well that puts us behind and get us frusturated. As you go throught the day Stop! And be thankful that you even have one of the things that makes life livable. Please post somethings here that you are thankful for.

Mail (real, not e-mial)
fireplaces
vacums
elevators
medicine
colored pencils
art
batteries
light switchs
pianos
orchastras
movies
watches
answering machines

Thank you!
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
Skid
Still standing tall

Post by Skid »

How about an internet connection?
trinity4888
Gold Member

Post by trinity4888 »

10 things I'm thankful for:
1. My family
2. My health
3. My DSL
4. My Ipod
5. My friends
6. My Camp
7. My own room for whatever limited amount of time I shall have it.
8. Smileys...they are so very gosh darn loveable
9. My artistic abilities (exept for in the way of graphic arts such as avatars)
10. And, yes, my very own Awsome Cookie that Zelda Jacobs so wonderfully gave to me.
~Trinity B.~
Trinity: I don't believe in the catagoration of food. If it wants to be a fruit it can be fruit. If it wants to be vegetable it can be a vegetable. In todays society anyone and anything can be whatever they so wish.
Siblings: How do you know which it wants to be?
Trinity: I just ask! I say 'Hey apple! You wanna be a fruit or a vegetable?' And the apple will say back to me 'Well, I always wanted to be a vegetable.' So I just say back 'Thus you are' and down the hatch said vegetable goes!
Jack Davis
OK

Post by Jack Davis »

I'm thankful fo The ToO!!! =D>
Thanks Darth Birdie for the HSE, and DanP740 for the HUGE donation.

Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I am thankful that people I know and love are safe! There was a shooting right across the street from where a mission team I know is working. And they are all safe, praise God. And I'm thankful for my family and my gnome. The end.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I am also thankful for Jennifer Doyle's gnome. He's so cute!! \:D/

OK, but really... my beautiful family, my awesome in-laws, my friends. As for older inventions... my sewing machine, my microwave, my garage door remote. And new fangled loves are my DVR and my computer (of course). :D
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon