Eragon...

the movie!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Have you read Eragon?

Yes. I loved it!
26%
Yes. It was okay.
3%
Yes. I hated it!
3%
No.
68%

Total votes: 31

Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

I am shamelessly pulling up a dead thread, because.....

....the trailer is out!!! \:D/ \:D/

link
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I'm glad you did Carolita.

I haven't read this book, but I've been planing on it. I just need to find it at the Library some day.

I don't have quicktime, so I have to wait to see the trailer.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

What did you think of the trailer?!?! I thought it was pretty cool. I can't wait till the movie comes out!

Iverkid

-- 16 Sep 2006 03:57 pm --

Well I am totally excited about Eragon coming out after having read the book. I think it is going to be up there with great fantasy movie series like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.
One thing about the trailer... did it look like he was fighting Galbatorix's soldiers at Farthen Dur? They weren't there in the book. Right? Maybe that part of the trailer is what was happening in that town up north where he recues Arya from.
Well tell me if your gonna see the movie.

Iverkid

*thread merged*

* Post originally contained the poll "Will you watch the new Eragon movie?"
Results:
Of course! (3 votes)
Maybe (2 votes)
What's that? (1 vote)
No (2 votes)
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Of course I'm watching the movie. Right after I read the book. (I hope to borrow it from the library on Tuesday.)

-- 23 Oct 2006 01:18 pm --

BUMP!
I've watched the trailer and think the special effects of this movie are going to make new records, they look stunning. The acting will be top notch, I do not doubt this movie will be great.

The book had questionable content, namely magic. I think as christians we should be wary to fully support the movie. The second book, Eldest, has blatant anti-religious themes. How do we balance the two? :-k

Note, the Eragon movie website has been greatly improved over the past week, check it out.

New Trailer! It's even better than the other one! No dialogue, but some great shots and awesome music. http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/erago ... er_lg.html
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

wooton_bassett
OK

Post by wooton_bassett »

I liked it, but it was based way off of the Lord of the Rings. Check it out!
"I'm a neat freak and a toy geek. Rarely do the two go together but I guess I'm the exception."
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Lord_Kappa wrote:New Trailer! It's even better than the other one! No dialogue, but some great shots and awesome music. http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/erago ... er_lg.html
Hmm...that seems more like a teaser to me than a full trailer. :-k I liked the other one better. But I agree that this one has some very cool shots! I've never read the book (never heard of it until about a month ago), but I might read it sometime. A friend of mine has read it and is really excited about the movie, so chances are I'll be going with him to the theaters in December. :)
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I'm deffinately going to see it in December, I hope it's good, it looks good.

jtmcgee
Pilgrim

Post by jtmcgee »

yeah it looks good, a zillion of my friends have told me to read it but i don't, and im going to see it when it comes out.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Something had been bothering me about the trailer---and now I know what it is!! Arya had BROWN hair!! #-o

Although, I still like the movie one- if she had brownish/black hair- she would be a bit too much of a 'Arwen' take-off. :anxious:
KimPossible
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by KimPossible »

wooton_bassett wrote:I liked it, but it was based way off of the Lord of the Rings. Check it out!
It has some parts that seem like Lord of the Rings, but that's because it's a fantasy about dragons, elves, dwarves, and other mythical creatures. I actually like the books better than Lord of the Rings.
Kingpin
I'll Get You Shadowpaw!

Post by Kingpin »

The book was a blatant rip-off of good Fantasy. But he was quite young and will likely improve... Still looking forward to the movie :-k
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I have been wanting to read the first book, but I don't know if it's any good.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Hmm we probably won't go see it in the theater. But we may rent it when it comes out on DVD.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Sibby wrote:Something had been bothering me about the trailer---and now I know what it is!! Arya had BROWN hair!! #-o

Although, I still like the movie one- if she had brownish/black hair- she would be a bit too much of a 'Arwen' take-off. :anxious:
Shhh, she doesn't have pointed ears either. :anxious:

LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Never read it, heard of it, or known anyone who has. I haven't read LOTR either, so I would probably go for that first...
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Well, when I want to read/see a movie thats a ripoff of Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and tons of random fantasy cliches thrown in, I'll be sure to check this out! \:D/
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I'm trying to read it right now but for some reason I'm not getting drawn in. I want to see the movie though and perhaps the book will be easier to read once I have the movie.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I downloaded the book, so I'm going to listen to it before I buy the book.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

According to PluggedIn---the movie isn't all that good. *meh- pluggedin has been [cough] wrong before...so.... :-k *

I want to go and see it.
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

^ yeah, according to a lot of people, it's not that good. Pttht. I'm still gonna go see it. \:D/