What popular TV shows do you dislike?

Or don't understand why they're popular...

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Here's a big one that I hate!

Deal or No Deal!

It's got to be scripted! People cannot be that cheesy and fakey dramatic for real!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

Kittypaw wrote:Well, some of us like cheesy. *glares*

I know that Full House isn't the best show ever, but I still find it highly enjoyable! \:D/ I do find it funny, and I have a high tolerance level for cheesiness, which is a good thing in this case! \:D/ It's also fairly clean, which is unusual even in a lot of "family" shows.
That is a show that half way through I think "Why am I watching this?"
And continue to watch.

Uncle Jesse :inlove:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Uncle Jesse. :inlove: Right there is a good reason to watch Full House.

*swoons with ajamj*
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

He was cute... in the 80s. :noway:
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

In the 90s, too! \:D/ Actually, I read that he's supposed to be on at least some new episodes of ER, which I've never watched, but I'm considering watching at least one ep to check it out. ;)
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Actually I saw that too... I used to watch mucho ER, but got out of it due to work scheduling. Now that problem's out of the way!

Oh, I don't get Nip/Tuck, Doctor 90210 (I think it's called that), the Extreme Makeover type show where they make people over instead of houses... yuck.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

I don't like Spongebob.... I think he's stupid and I think Zoey 101 is annoying...
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

:dumb: Spongebob is amazing! i think it's hilarious!!!! but I do agree with you on zoey 101 which is annoying and most of the acting is pretty bad
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

LiviNoel wrote:With 24, I like the show, but you cannot miss an episode. That makes it very difficult to get into if you're coming from the outside. It's been out for what, five seasons, and I've only seen seasons 1 and 2. I don't have time to get caught up or make sure I watch every episode.

Um...I don't really get Family Guy. Wife Swap REALLY bugs me. Super Nanny is annoying. Most of the Law and Order shows--I find rather dull. I'm not quite sure how they keep popping up everywhere.
I kinda liked 24 tho,... it had a bit of action in it. I don't like boring shows. I'm more the action type ;)

Law and Order... I find them dull too. I have to wonder why they're so popular, and why they're put on all the time, and we have to watch them whether we like it or not! :mad:

CSI is kinda informative, so I like that. But I hate the way Law and Order has a slanted perspective, making it seem like the cops are always the ones in the right, and nailing people so hard they'll never get out of jail again, it's not fair, and it's not the purpose of jail! The purpose of jail is to teach people something and then give them another chance, not put them away forever. :roll:

ok, I'm done ranting now :protest:

;)
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Yeah 24 is probably one of the only shows I can tolerate, but you do need to be able to watch the whole season so I watched 24 by taking the dvds out of the library that way you dont' miss an episode :D
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

WINDSHEAR wrote:Law and Order... I find them dull too. I have to wonder why they're so popular, and why they're put on all the time, and we have to watch them whether we like it or not! :mad:

CSI is kinda informative, so I like that. But I hate the way Law and Order has a slanted perspective, making it seem like the cops are always the ones in the right, and nailing people so hard they'll never get out of jail again, it's not fair, and it's not the purpose of jail! The purpose of jail is to teach people something and then give them another chance, not put them away forever. :roll:
Heehee... I like how L&O is on all the time! I find the original rather dull at times, more because I like the actors and their characters on SVU and CI better. I have a bad habit of watching 3 in a row... and at some times I can pick between any one of them between NBC, TNT, USA, and Bravo all airing different ones at the same time :anxious:

And as far as the "slanted perspective" of it, well it is called Law and Order, so you'd have to assume that they focus on the police and DA's side... and there are times where they don't get the criminal, or don't have a strong enough case to prove guilt, or they make deals if there are other circumstances... and the police have done things wrong before... But I can see how you'd think that if you've only seen it a few times. :)
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

Darcie wrote:
WINDSHEAR wrote:Law and Order... I find them dull too. I have to wonder why they're so popular, and why they're put on all the time, and we have to watch them whether we like it or not! :mad:

Heehee... I like how L&O is on all the time! I find the original rather dull at times, more because I like the actors and their characters on SVU and CI better. I have a bad habit of watching 3 in a row... and at some times I can pick between any one of them between NBC, TNT, USA, and Bravo all airing different ones at the same time :anxious:

And as far as the "slanted perspective" of it, well it is called Law and Order, so you'd have to assume that they focus on the police and DA's side... and there are times where they don't get the criminal, or don't have a strong enough case to prove guilt, or they make deals if there are other circumstances... and the police have done things wrong before... But I can see how you'd think that if you've only seen it a few times. :)
I know what you mean. My mom calls me a addict, but she likes them too. My favorite is SVU but my favorite character is Jack Mokoy. I jump channels all the time to find one i like.
querida
I've been here a bit

Post by querida »

The OC...yuck
Laguna Beach
24 (um duh)
Family Guy (definitly goes without saying)

but Stargate?????? i'm sorry but NO.
maybe its not the destination, maybe it's the journey

<3 Dasey <3
suzanne291
I've been here a bit

Post by suzanne291 »

the OC KIND OF.. it's occasionally entertaining
laguna beach
family guy
grey's anatomy marginally (i like parts of it)
one tree hill
I am the only one to blame for this
Somehow it all ends up the same
Soaring on the wings of selfish pride, I flew too high
and like Icarus I collide
with the world I tried so hard to leave behind