Is Whit's End open on Sunday?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Is Whit's End open on Sunday?

No
49%
Yes
4%
I think it is
4%
I don't think so
8%
I don't know and I don't care
6%
I don't know but it shouldn't be
18%
I don't know but it should be (after church is over)
4%
Vote Jerms for Town Dogcatcher!
6%

Total votes: 49

Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Hehe, I didn't see this topic until now. ;-)

Best Intentions tells us that Whit's End was closed on Sundays at that point in time, but who knows whether or not that's still the case. I voted for the 5th option, although it didn't totally fit--I probably should have just voted the last option. \:D/ Anyway, I don't really know and the decision is up to Whit. :-s

Jeremy
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

BROKEN WINDOW: I got it now.

connie thought Saturday was the day before and stuff. But she didnt think about Whits End is closed on Sundays.
Thats why I was confused.
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

jasodia wrote:I agree with the Best Intentions theory. I remember Sam saying, "And it's not even Sunday!"
ya, me too. I just heard that one.

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Jimmy Barclay wrote:BROKEN WINDOW: I got it now.

connie thought Saturday was the day before and stuff. But she didnt think about Whits End is closed on Sundays.
Thats why I was confused.
I think she was just so confused she didn't even realize it would be Sunday if yesterday had been Saturday. (Talk about confused! :mad: ) If she thought it was Sunday, then she would have gone to church in the morning, seen that there was nobody there, realized it was Saturday, and gotten things straightened out in her mind before ever coming in to Whit's End.

Vote Jerms for town dogcatcher, btw! \:D/
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Here is something I noticed in "Gotcha." Probably just a goof. :anxious:

Whit is talking to Philo at Whit’s End and finds out about his rabbit’s foot.
Whit goes to talk to Connie about it.
---
*a day apparently passes*
---
Tom comes in and asks Connie what Whit is doing and then excuses himself to go talk to him.
Connie and Philo are left talking.
Connie: Yeah, especially since this is only Monday.
---
Tom comes upstairs to find Whit.
Tom: You still thinking about what happened with Connie yesterday?
---
Tom was talking about something that happened at Whit's End. :-k
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

I've never heard "Gotcha" (except for the flashbacks included in "It Began With a Rabbit's Foot"). That clearly indicates that Whit's End was open that Sunday unless Tom had his days mixed up. But in the novel Point of No Return Whit tells Jimmy, "My place isn't open on Sundays." We know because of the episode "A Code of Honor" that the radio series acknowledges the stories in the novels as reality, so maybe Whit's End was open on Sundays for a while, and it wasn't for a while...and in that case, who knows whether it's open on Sundays now? :mad: Quite confusing. :-s
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
fireflygirl_01
Found
Location: just sitting in the hall; waiting for the darkness to consume me

Post by fireflygirl_01 »

Whit's End should ABSOLUTELY NOT be open on Sundays. I mean, Whit is a Christian, right? I mean what sort of Christian in his/her right mind would open their business on a SUNDAY?! :noway:
~O sNaP ItS fIrEfLy~
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

fireflygirl_01 wrote:Whit's End should ABSOLUTELY NOT be open on Sundays. I mean, Whit is a Christian, right? I mean what sort of Christian in his/her right mind would open their business on a SUNDAY?! :noway:
First post is a two month bump?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

DanP740 wrote:
fireflygirl_01 wrote:Whit's End should ABSOLUTELY NOT be open on Sundays. I mean, Whit is a Christian, right? I mean what sort of Christian in his/her right mind would open their business on a SUNDAY?! :noway:
First post is a two month bump?
New members aren't always acquainted with the way things work. :)

Welcome, fireflygirl! :truce:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Lot of them, actually. Particular restaurant owners...
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

i think it is bc on the episode were whit gets sick one of the boys go to whits end and are vary suprised when it sais its colsed
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

fatlooy wrote:i think it is bc on the episode were whit gets sick one of the boys go to whits end and are vary suprised when it sais its colsed
Actually, that episodes contradicts your idea - Harlow Doyle says that he is surprised that Whit's End is closed on a day that isn't Sunday. :)
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

Catspaw wrote:
fatlooy wrote:i think it is bc on the episode were whit gets sick one of the boys go to whits end and are vary suprised when it sais its colsed
Actually, that episodes contradicts your idea - Harlow Doyle says that he is surprised that Whit's End is closed on a day that isn't Sunday. :)
really i didn't remember that part i'll have to see if i can find it and lisen to it to see if your right.
capt. skippy
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by capt. skippy »

i don't think it is. Remember, in best intentions when Sam said,"Whit's End is closed and it is not even Sunday"