Honestly....

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Have you ever put false information on The ToO (in profiles or posting)? Giving a ridiculous age or location as a joke doesn't count if you weren't trying to deceive.

No. Why would I do that?
96%
Yes, but I was sorry later and confessed
No votes
Yes, but I stopped--but I never confessed, either
4%
Yes, and I still do
No votes

Total votes: 25

Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Honestly....

Post by Kris Doyle »

Have you ever deliberately misled people on The ToO (and you never set it right)? Someone told me that 90% of what people say on forums (even Christian forums) isn't true, but I hope that's not the case here.

I understand that some people want to protect personal information, but I hope they protect it by just not saying anything about details they don't want others to know--not by falsifying those details.
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Hmm... well, I put 21 as my age, but that's because Mrs. Blackgaard really is 21!

I think at least 90% of what I say on here is true-- not the other way around. :)
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I have never deliberately misled anyone. The only false information I have posted is the info for my RPG character. ;)
If anyone asked me, I would tell them my real age, where I really live, etc.
I wouldn't go so far as to tell them my street address or my phone number unless I had gotten to know the person really well. But I wouldn't just give them a false address/phone number.
The pictures I have posted in the 'Post a Picture of Yourself' topic are really me. I didn't post some other totally different person's picture! ;)
Anne Doyle
Green is good

Post by Anne Doyle »

I think 90% is a totally false number, but people OMIT information about themselves all the time. And is that wrong? I don't think so, because it's about privacy.
На фоне синего Skys, ссылку из прошлого в будущее, под крыльями убежище защитников.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

And I don't really expect people to tell me the truth online, I pretty much expect people to be false.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

Post by Mr Sarcastic Cow Man »

I cannot recall ever intentionally deceiving anyone about myself online...
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I've only changed stuff in my profile as a joke. :-k

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Well I have to admit :anxious: :anxious: , I don't think I ever have. \:D/ :D Well except that's not me in my avatar. :anxious: :(
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Ha! What could I have lied about? You guys know (or have had the ability to know) my whole name, age, location, husband's name, child's name... LarryTheCow's sig even knows my IP... Unless it's all been untrue? Every single thing... :anxious:

;)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Yeah, I think Darcy's been misleading us. ;) The only way to prove that she's really who she says she is is for her to be recorded with her husband and Shadowpaw and then have SP post it on his website.

Oh wait...
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

:hilarious:
But could you even hear me?
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

darcy wrote::hilarious:
But could you even hear me?
You were way too quiet - if they do that again, you need to speak way louder and longer! :yes:

Rachael, for a second I misread your post and thought you said that Darcy was married to Shadowpaw! :anxious: *starts a rumour* ;)

I can't recall specifically stating misinformation, though omission is certainly something that I've done. :-k
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

I don't believe I've ever tried to deceive anyone here... I can't even remember changing my info as a joke... :P
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

Well I honestly think that if anyone here thought I lived in Japan's Fudel Era then they should seek professional help asap.

Lord Sesshoumaru
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

I don't think I've ever lied...on here, I mean. But who would put there full name, address, family's names, etc. online?

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

I have never lied here. I have personally found out that it does happen, so you should be careful.

Everyone should have a happy dance.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

I have too, actually... and now I'm not giving out my cell phone number to anyone unless I'm meeting them in RL and I need to get in touch with them concerning it!
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

I don't lie for the sake of deceiving anybody, but if info is required and I dont' want to give that info, I will put fake info in. Otherwise I omit it. If asked, I will be open and say it's not true. :-
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

I'm strongly in favor of omitting information; I hope no one thought I meant we should post everything (or anywhere close to everything) about ourselves. Those who post a bunch of personal information are just asking for trouble.
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

I mean, sure, my real name isn't Katherine, but thats just for my privacy. I've never lied on here, I find it stupid to have a false identity!
*returns*