What became of Richard Maxwell?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Gabriel Dragsack
Found

What became of Richard Maxwell?

Post by Gabriel Dragsack »

I haven't heard from Richard in quite some time. :headscratch:

Will you good folks help me out? What is he up to these days? I would very much like to hear from him again. :yes:
:laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

So would I. I miss him and he's my favorite character. Maybe that is why I don't listen to the new ones because I can count on Richard not being in them. And maybe that is why I haven't listened in a while, even to my own. Listening to him makes me think he will never come back. But that's only part of the reason. I have other things to do. Love, HC.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

He lives. And pretends to be Blackgaard so he could marry Rachel.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

PM Joni Slade and ask her for a link to her stories. :-) She writes a lot of fanfiction about Richard and Jellyfish, just like I write a lot of fanfiction about Regis and Rachael.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Rachael wrote:PM Joni Slade and ask her for a link to her stories. :-) She writes a lot of fanfiction about Richard and Jellyfish, just like I write a lot of fanfiction about Regis and Rachael.
If you are meaning me, I ahve read her stories, and I love them. They are so awesome. I also talk to Joni whenever she PM's me back. Hey, how can I see your stories on Regis and Rachael? I would like to read them. they sound interesting, and I need my mind off other things. I am at a stand still with one of my stories. How do I get to an end where all three wives, and four children are kidnapped and go to Las Vegas? And one of the wives just got married? Don't answer that, please. I am just writing what's in my head. Love, HC.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

I'm afraid that my stories are all a bit mature for you. Especially Love By Force (the fic in which Regis and Rachael meet and ultimately get married) and Liberation (Come on... Rachael's job is so not appropriate!). And The Mistress of Blackgaard Manor isn't done yet, but it probably won't be too bad. Just your normal newlywed conflicts and talk of pregnancy and so forth. The Untitled Honeymoon Story will be a bit on the inappropriate side... :-/

EDIT: And I was actually referring Gabriel to Joni.
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

According to those of us in The Maxwell Alliance, he's our vice leader--but as for the actual show, I don't know if we'll ever hear from him again. I hope so, and the return of Nathan Carlson (his voice actor) as Mr. Straussburg gives some hope! I think it would be cool to have some of Joni Slade's fanfictions about Richard either made into radio episodes or used as the basis for them.

--Kris Doyle
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Yeah, right-- just like they made my fanfictions into radio dramas.

;-)
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

I know it's a long shot for any fanfics that have been publicly posted, but it would still be cool if they ever did that!

--Kris Doyle
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

And my fanfics would have to be edited drastically for content.
Gabriel Dragsack
Found

Post by Gabriel Dragsack »

Thank you for your responses! From what I've read, it sounds like he was last seen as a patient in Odyssey's hospital. :sickly:

I hope to hear from him soon! :bounce:
:laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat:
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

Ohhh, thank you Rachael, HC, and Kris :)

And as another chance to shamelessly plug, here are the fanfics:

http://www.bolonstudios.com/odyssey/

With the return of Nathan Carlson, I'm actually pretty confident that Richard will be back. The writers know how popular a character he is. Of course, his popularity might make writing him back in all the more difficult, since we're all going to have strong opinions about what he should and shouldn't have been doing all this time. What I really hope they don't do is pretend that all the main characters knew all along where Richard went after leaving the hospital--it is possible that Tom sat with Richard through his recovery, saw Richard check out of the hospital when he was ready, and drove him to the bus station 'cause Richard wanted to move back to Chicago. I mean, Richard's absence could be as simple as that--we just weren't told those details because they're sort of boring. As a listener, though, I'd feel cheated if that was the case--that means that the main characters have known the fate of a well-loved character for years without ever telling us. I'd really rather there be a better (and more interesting) reason for his disappearance.

And if they do pull inspiration from my fanfiction, I'd probably die of happiness. (Believe it or not, a lady who wrote Xena: Warrior Princess fanfiction was discovered by the writers and hired to write a couple of pretty important episodes for the show. So fanfiction isn't always a total waste of time:)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Latest fanfiction: Parting Words.
Kanimoto
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Kanimoto »

Joni_Slade wrote:So fanfiction isn't always a total waste of time:)
:yes: Indeed it isn't.

And I hope RM comes back soon.
In the darkness, the Lurker frantically tries to figure out what is going on.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

I would die of happiness, too.

But I suddenly have no desire to be Mrs. Blackgaard anymore. :anxious: I want to be Mrs. Davari Hassan.
rickyderocher
My posts are revolutionary

Post by rickyderocher »

It would be kind of neat to have him come back.
wooton_bassett
OK

Post by wooton_bassett »

maybe...i dont really like him much
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I definately want Richard back. He's one of the best characters.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

wooton_bassett wrote:i dont really like him much
Why not? I'm curious.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Latest fanfiction: Parting Words.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

He's one cool cat. \:D/
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Shad Lexer wrote:He's one cool cat. \:D/
I am not sure I get that. But I guess that doesn't matter. "Come Back Richard Maxwell!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!"