Hung Up

Our High-school movie (Older Visitors Only)

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Ferder
Pilgrim

Hung Up

Post by Ferder »

This is a movie that the drama class and television class in my school created. I happened to be in both classes so I got to act in as well as edit a fair amount of it.
I play the part of Drew. Enjoy!

Warning: Content may not be suitable for all ages. Contains mild language and mature subject matter. Please use discretion when viewing.

Hung Up
Last edited by Ferder on Mon May 08, 2006 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

great movie Ferder I like the part where you jump out the window head first haha. \:D/
Image [img]
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

That's pretty good! You did a great job acting! :D
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Haha, nice! :)

Indeed, you did a good job acting. :yes:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Very interesting, Ferder, though not quite what I had originally expected. Thanks for sharing it with us! That must have taken a lot of work!

I recognized you from an old picture that was posted either here or on the TH. :D
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

*will watch it later*

The name of this topic reminds me of Captain Jack... :-k
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

"Woah! Diagnosis halitosis! Take two of these and call me in the morning!"

Pretty cool movie. Are all those people in the movie your friends from school or you just recruited people?

"Right Josh?"

*Josh ignores her and listens to music*

"See, Josh agrees with me too."

I wish I could be IN the movies you movie-makers make. Because I'm a good actress but have no movie-maker friends. I'm funny on film anyway. :D

Which one are you Ferder? The guy who is moving in on Jase's girl? or Jase?

*I'm commenting as I watch it, in-case you can't tell*

AH! They're on the bed together! I guess that's the adult content you were talking about. Oh, they're talking. :- She's moving CLOSER!!

She just did the hair flip! :D
"So, do you wanna be my boyfriend now?"

*woman sits on bench at bus stop with HUGE DOG*

Who's that woman? *thinks it will be an angel*

Oh. *watches credits to find out*

AWESOME. But why is that the end?
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Ferder played Drew. :D
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Jennifer Doyle wrote: I wish I could be IN the movies you movie-makers make. Because I'm a good actress but have no movie-maker friends. I'm funny on film anyway. :D
*cough* If you don't mind driving 2.5 hours, I'm always desperate for people... \:D/

Due to my slower connection, I can't watch this in real time. I'll have to download the hack wich allows me to actually download the file.
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

Jennifer Doyle wrote: Who's that woman? *thinks it will be an angel*

Oh. *watches credits to find out*

AWESOME. But why is that the end?
Wow good guess! You are actually kind of right. The character's name for a while was "Guardian angle" (though in the movie she did end up beinga real person). But I agree about the strangeness of the ending. I think it needed a lot more explaining (or at least anothe scene to tie it all together) but I wasn't the one to write that part of the script.
(I did write those two parts you mentioned though, "halitosis" and "Right josh?")
All the people in the movie are either in the Drama class or TV class at my school.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Me wrote:
Jennifer Doyle wrote: I wish I could be IN the movies you movie-makers make. Because I'm a good actress but have no movie-maker friends. I'm funny on film anyway. :D
*cough* If you don't mind driving 2.5 hours, I'm always desperate for people... \:D/
Well, I guess my mom might have something to say about that.
"Bye mom! I'm going to be an actress!"
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

Do any of you guys think the warning for the movie might be too strongly worded? I was thinking of changing it to

"Rated PG for mild language and mature subject matter. Content may not be suitable for all ages."

(though if everyone who's interested at all at seeing it has already done so, I guess there wouldn't be much point.)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Ferder wrote:Do any of you guys think the warning for the movie might be too strongly worded? I was thinking of changing it to

"Rated PG for mild language and mature subject matter. Content may not be suitable for all ages."

(though if everyone who's interested at all at seeing it has already done so, I guess there wouldn't be much point.)
Yeah, that sounds like a more appropriate caution. PG/PG13? :shrugs:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

I think it would be cool if you guys kept making movies. it'd be like watching something that comes out when it comes out kinda thing. Kept my interest all through the movie.

Lord Sesshoumaru
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Umm... I hope you don't hate an honest critic, but

I didn't really see the point of that movie. I thought it was a waste of my time. I am annoyed with the whole dating scene in todays world so that didn't really help seeing as that's all it was about.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Great movie and acting and such but I have one thing to say...

lolhomemadechickflick.
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

I think it would be cool if you guys kept making movies. it'd be like watching something that comes out when it comes out kinda thing. Kept my interest all through the movie.
There are two reason why this won't be happening. For one thing this movie took over five months to create, for another both terms of those classes have been over for quite some time now and the new drama class is working on a project of their own (a play).
I didn't really see the point of that movie. I thought it was a waste of my time. I am annoyed with the whole dating scene in todays world so that didn't really help seeing as that's all it was about.
The movie was supposed to have a point? :anxious:
Hehe, jk. I can understand why you wouldn't like it. It's is rather soap-opera and chick-flick ish. It's been quite a big surprise that people who don't even know anyone in the class or go to the school still find it somewhat entertaining.
By the way, when we were devising the story, dating was not what "all it was about". The theme was supposed to be bullying, but I think that a lot of that got lost in the story. We were very rushed in creating the script and I don't think any of us were entirely satisfied with it.
However, most people that have seen it have laughed or gotten some entertainment out of it at some point, so that's the most important thing.

*Ferder refuses to re-imburse or be sued for the 12 minutes waisted of Jman's life.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

cool!
Anne Doyle
Green is good

Post by Anne Doyle »

Well, that was pretty harsh J-Man.

I got what I thought the general theme of the movie was and it wasn't all about dating really. Just general stuff teenagers go through.

And some of those quotes were very funny!
На фоне синего Skys, ссылку из прошлого в будущее, под крыльями убежище защитников.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

I get this "Dedicated Server" page instead of any movie...