American Idol

New Season starts Jan 17th

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I find the Hollywood episodes to be much more interesting
Me, too. The auditions are my least favorite part of the show--at least from now on, everyone's a decent singer.
poWerbOy wrote:I was happy that he made it, that david radford made it, and that crazy dave did not.
Yeah, I'm so glad Garrett made it. He seemed awfully nervous though; what he really needs is to feel more comfortable on the stage. Which one is David Radford? Crazy Dave was hilarious, but uh not really a singer.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Latest fanfiction: Parting Words.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

Joni_Slade wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:I find the Hollywood episodes to be much more interesting
Me, too. The auditions are my least favorite part of the show--at least from now on, everyone's a decent singer.
poWerbOy wrote:I was happy that he made it, that david radford made it, and that crazy dave did not.
Yeah, I'm so glad Garrett made it. He seemed awfully nervous though; what he really needs is to feel more comfortable on the stage. Which one is David Radford? Crazy Dave was hilarious, but uh not really a singer.
David Radford was only shown for a second in hollywood, he was the guy in the auditions who sang the frank sinatra song in chicago.
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

poWerbOy wrote:David Radford was only shown for a second in hollywood, he was the guy in the auditions who sang the frank sinatra song in chicago.
Oh, that guy! Yeah, he's pretty cool. I also like the guy with the gray hair and the really young looking guy. (Too many names to remember at this stage:)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Johndell
Tallying up

Post by Johndell »

O:) I like the auditions AND the regular parts of Am-Id. Even my mom likes it (WHO ISN'T A FAN OF MANY THINGS). hmmmmmmmmmm. I always don't want the show to go off the auditions when the contestants leave for Hollywood; but i eventually get used to the shows repedative 2nd form and enjoy it even more!!!!! \:D/ LOL. this happens EACH season since season 2 :D
The ToO is mine! *LAUGHS SIGNATURE EVIL VILLIAN LAUGHES EVIL LAUGH AFTER COMMITING AN EVIL ACT* k I'm good now
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

Last night i was so annoyed by those twins with the arrogant attitudes. I hope they don't make it as finalists.
I was disappointed by the spoof about the cowboys, but their hard work and bonding was inspiring. I thought it was really special at the end when they said goodbye to each other and encouraged Garet.
Tonight will be interesting since they will be cutting a lot more.
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

Yay! The girls are singing right now :). I'll be giving my own little commentary as the show goes by. Under my commentary on them, I'll put "She'll make it." if I think they'll make it to the "12 Girls". And if I think they won't, then I'll put She won't make it. If I think they'll make it to the "Final 6 Girls", I'll put "(all the way!!)".

Mandesa
I love Mandesa's voice, which I hadn't heard until tonight. She's powerful and I hope she doesn't oversing too much, because that may cost her points later.
She'll make it.

Kelli Pickler
As far as Kelli Pickler, I don't think she has a great voice, albeit it's not a bad voice. She just has an "okay" voice. However, as Paula said, she has a likability...so that might take her far. But, on the other hand, she might be eliminated later because of the lack in a great voice.
She'll make it.

Becky O'Donohue
Wow! That is the first time I've seen Paula tell the real truth. Becky, probably, won't make it. She just doesn't have "the voice".
She won't make it.

Ayla Brown
Oooh! She sang one of my favorite melodies. That beautiful melody in Reflections has always been the best. She presented it very beautifully. I loved how she used dynamics!! (Dynamics is the louds and softs of a song.) She made it sound great and it she has shown remarkable improvement. I hadn't seen her audition, but only a sample clip. And she has excellent stage prescence now!
She'll make it. (All the way!!)

Paris Bennett
She's my #1 pick! She'll definitely make it!! I've loved her voice since her audition. She's just amazing (to borrow Randy's word..).
She'll make it!! (All the way!!)

Stevie Scott
I haven't seen her audition, but she has a really nice voice. However, I found her snootiness unlikable. She kept bragging about how she was trained in Opera since she was 11. Being on American Idol, you can't just be a good singer. You have to give a good performance, great memory, and a little likability factor. Her song was also not the "right" choice, as it hasn't really
She'll make it!! (But, only maybe all the way.)

I'm too tired to keep on commenting :P. So, I'll leave the rest for a later time :P.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

I got this in my email from Presbyterian Church of America:
PCA member David Radford, an American Idol Top 12 finalist, is the son of TE Bill Radford, pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Lake in the Hills, Illinois. You can help David make it to the final 10 by voting for him.
He will sing tonight. I will pull for a fellow Christian.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Jimmy Barclay wrote:I got this in my email from Presbyterian Church of America:
PCA member David Radford, an American Idol Top 12 finalist, is the son of TE Bill Radford, pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Lake in the Hills, Illinois. You can help David make it to the final 10 by voting for him.
Awesomeness. \:D/

In actuality, a number of contestants from the Top 24 are Christians. :)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Well, I'm sure a bunch say they are anyway.

I like that woman who has an Austrailan accent. My sister says it's southern, but I could have sworn it was Aussie!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

There are some really good voices in the top 24. And some less-than-really good. But the good seem especially good this year.

Mostly, I'm loving Taylor Hicks.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Gone tonight:

Patrick,Bobby

Becky, Stevie
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I'm pretty satisfied with tonight's result's... Just as long as my boy Ace doesn't go, I'm good... Or, Will... Or, Chris... :anxious:

Sarah
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

My top picks are Ace, Paris, & Ayla. I was right about Becky and half-right about Stevie. I knew people wouldn't like her Stevie's snootiness and Becky's voice..
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Tonight's results were fair, but I had hoped that Stevie and Patrick would've lasted at least one more week. Unfortunately, they both selected songs that didn't showcase their full talent. I could name a number of contestants who are definitely weaker singers. :-k
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

That's not riiight. Stevie didn't get eliminated...yet. That was so not cool what Becky did, though. Brenna was trying to console her with a hug, but Becky pushed her away :O. And then Ryan tried to do the same, but Becky pushed him away too :O. Now that I know which girl got eliminated, I'm going to bed.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Jimmy Barclay wrote:I got this in my email from Presbyterian Church of America:
Awesomeness. \:D/

In actuality, a number of contestants from the Top 24 are Christians. :)
Wow that's really cool! Now i love him even more! Did anyone see what Mandesa said to Simon at the end of Hollywood? She forgave him because of what he said to her back in the auditions and she said that Jesus died to forgive her so she can forgive others. I thought that was really neat, especially that they didn't cut that out.
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

Yeah, Mandisa is so classy. Think of all the hissy fits people throw about things Simon says, and here she is biding her time and then representing her faith through actions as well as words. That was awesome.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

Joni_Slade wrote:Yeah, Mandisa is so classy. Think of all the hissy fits people throw about things Simon says, and here she is biding her time and then representing her faith through actions as well as words. That was awesome.
yeah and it was cool last night that Simon said she was the best female vocalist this season.
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

I haven't been keeping up. *ish waiting until 8:00 to watch the cuts :P* I just have too busy of a schedule and I always miss AI.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

*Thinks the blonde will win*

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny