Chronicles of Narnia

Discuss the books or the movie here!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

We have the books, but I haven't read them. The trailor looks interesting though.You might think that that is an understatement.
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:We have the books, but I haven't read them. The trailor looks interesting though.You might think that that is an understatement.
Yeah that's an understatement. You need to do both (read and go to movie^_^) The books are definately worth your time and the trailer looks amazing.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Jonathan wrote:
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:We have the books, but I haven't read them. The trailor looks interesting though.You might think that that is an understatement.
Yeah that's an understatement. You need to do both (read and go to movie^_^) The books are definately worth your time and the trailer looks amazing.
I have seen the TV trailor and probably tomorrow I will see the link that someone posted above. (The computer I am on is kinda slow and I will use a differrent one to watch it.)
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
Me
An original

Post by Me »

In the meantime, start reading the books. I have spoken. :D
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Me wrote:In the meantime, start reading the books. I have spoken. :D
Maybe over the winter break (but I don't think so), I will probably wait till the summer.

Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

I'm gonna start reading the books again soon.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

This afternoon, I picked up a copy of the official illustrated movie guide. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Trent DeWhite wrote:This afternoon, I picked up a copy of the official illustrated movie guide. \:D/
WOW! And did you put it down? :anxious:

Yours Wanting To See The Pretty Colors,
-Cowboy

Me
An original

Post by Me »

Trent DeWhite wrote:This afternoon, I picked up a copy of the official illustrated movie guide. \:D/
Is is one of those things that just gives you an overview of who was involved and has some interviews with them, or is it one that really goes behind the scenes, including tech stuff? If it's the latter, I'll have to pick it up.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

While I love Narnia, I've always been one of those people who hate to spoil a movie by looking at everything I can before I actaully see it. Though I have seen the previews and the "makings of" videos for Narnia, it isn't normally my practice.

I would love to look at one of those outstanding picture books but I everytime I see one, I always pass by it, thinking I'll be spoiling my experience if I look.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

I looked at one of those books for Batman Begins. It had a spoilers for the entire movie! I was so gald I didn't look at it until after I saw the movie.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Well, considering I know The Chronicles of Narnia backwards and forwards (almost), reading such companion guides doesn't really spoil the story for me. Albeit, there are some subtle deviations from the book that I might not discover otherwise... but I'm not concerned. A picture may speak a thousand words, but a movie trumps all. \:D/
Me wrote:Is is one of those things that just gives you an overview of who was involved and has some interviews with them, or is it one that really goes behind the scenes, including tech stuff? If it's the latter, I'll have to pick it up.
It's definitely more than an "overview," as the book includes 200+ pages of in-depth discussion with the director, actors profiles, behind-the-scenes stories, and plenty of photos. As for tech stuff, there is one chapter dedicated to the special effects. From CGI characters to Massive, to minatures, this section of the book includes some interesting details in regards to the "tech" side of the film.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Anne
OK

Post by Anne »

I love Narnia and have read the books several times. I haven't seen the BBC versions, but have heard they are pretty bad, so I'm looking forward to the new movie.
I was shocked the other day to discover my aunt had never read the books, so I enlightened her about how good they are.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

The books are awesome; I really hope I love the film.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Well, considering I know The Chronicles of Narnia backwards and forwards (almost), reading such companion guides doesn't really spoil the story for me. Albeit, there are some subtle deviations from the book that I might not discover otherwise... but I'm not concerned. A picture may speak a thousand words, but a movie trumps all. \:D/
Me wrote:Is is one of those things that just gives you an overview of who was involved and has some interviews with them, or is it one that really goes behind the scenes, including tech stuff? If it's the latter, I'll have to pick it up.
It's definitely more than an "overview," as the book includes 200+ pages of in-depth discussion with the director, actors profiles, behind-the-scenes stories, and plenty of photos. As for tech stuff, there is one chapter dedicated to the special effects. From CGI characters to Massive, to minatures, this section of the book includes some interesting details in regards to the "tech" side of the film.
Good enough, I'll have to pick up a copy.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Anne wrote:I love Narnia and have read the books several times. I haven't seen the BBC versions, but have heard they are pretty bad, so I'm looking forward to the new movie.
I was shocked the other day to discover my aunt had never read the books, so I enlightened her about how good they are.
The BBC versions aren't bad, but not real good either (of course, I last saw them as a little kid, so...)

I've also had issues with family and those books. Everyone in my family has either read or had read to them TLTWTW. I got my sister to read the first half of TMN, but aside from that, I can't get them to read them.
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

You haven't read the books?!

You must. *nods*
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

my brother wants to read the books in this oder 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

crazyforjared wrote:my brother wants to read the books in this oder 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Ouch!! for the first time, or just a re-read?
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

crazyforjared wrote:my brother wants to read the books in this oder 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
0.o Last Battle confusedness..