Blood and Gore

so, I was inspired

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

well? does blood repulse you or not (no pun intended)

Yes
41%
No, it's really cool...
59%

Total votes: 17

Country Girl
Classic

Blood and Gore

Post by Country Girl »

Okay.. a friend of mine had a nose bleed yesterday, and the blood is all over the concret outside....

Are ya'll repulsed my blood, or do you really not care?

I think it's kidna cool... I know.. I'm odd :P
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

If it's my blood, I can just sit there and kind of stare off into space. Probably some kind of wound shock-related reaction.
But if it's someone else's, I panic and generally run around doing lots of armwaving and notably not screaming.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Blood is awesome! \:D/

I was just saying to someone the other day, I think it can be a good thing to be desensitized to blood (by violent movies or games, or just of your own natural tendancies) because then you will be better able to handle a blood related crisis without panicking! \:D/
Country Girl
Classic

Post by Country Girl »

hehe... GO HUNTING! ;)

or just do stupid stuff as often as I do... or both ;)
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

......I don't really get freaked out by it or anything.. Though I'd rather have it stay inside my body :wink:
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

I don't mind blood at all... unless it's something really horrible. Like if someone had a piece of glass sticking in their head... I'd probably have a problem with that. If their guts were falling out, I don't think I could handle that. But blood? I can do that.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

It does not bother me at all. I took care of my mother when she was terminally ill for a year, except when she was in the hospital. Another way that I trained myself was by watching Trauma, Life in the ER on TLC.
Shad Lexer

Post by Shad Lexer »

Laurie wrote:It does not bother me at all. I took care of my mother when she was terminally ill for a year, except when she was in the hospital. Another way that I trained myself was by watching Trauma, Life in the ER on TLC.
What's one thing you can watch, or you can cure it by watching war movies, like me. :wink:
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Country Girl wrote:I think it's kidna cool... I know.. I'm odd :P
This proves something I've always suspected of you... ;)

I can't handle blood. I tend to get weak in the knees and have to look away. Unless of course, something is really wrong, then I sort of forget my weakness and my natural instincts kick in.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Captain Jack wrote:
Laurie wrote:It does not bother me at all. I took care of my mother when she was terminally ill for a year, except when she was in the hospital. Another way that I trained myself was by watching Trauma, Life in the ER on TLC.
What's one thing you can watch, or you can cure it by watching war movies, like me. :wink:
Yes I could have done it your way but, I'm not really into war movies. One war movie that I did see showed a Civil War soldier getting his head blown away by a cannon ball and if I recall seeing that did not bother me.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

I agree with Mandy, although a profuse amount of blood does nauseate me somewhat. If it's just blood coming out of a wound on my arm or something, I just look at it in fascination. (I mean, it looks kind of cool.)
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm not a big fan of blood. I don't like seeing other people bleed, and I don't like it when it's me, either. If it was in an emergency situation, I don't think that I would pass out or anything, but I really prefer to not look at icky stuff like blood and gore and people picking at their scabs and stuff. :sick:
Zeba
Still standing tall

Post by Zeba »

My own blood I don't mind that much, but when I see other people's blood I get a little queasy.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Heh, if its my own blood, I could care less. But if it's someone else's blood, I get really grossed out. And movies don't really bother me either, just if I see other people's blood in real life...

Like this one time, my friend was sitting on my bed, and her leg started bleeding (she had a cut, and it decided to re-open... eww) and it got all over my comforter, and I wouldn't sleep with my comforter until my mom washed it like 5 times. :P

Plus, I mean, it's dangerous to come in contact with other people's blood, due to the fact that they could have a disease which is carried through blood. Heh...

Sarah
Shad Lexer

Post by Shad Lexer »

Laurie wrote:
Captain Jack wrote:
Yes I could have done it your way but, I'm not really into war movies. One war movie that I did see showed a Civil War soldier getting his head blown away by a cannon ball and if I recall seeing that did not bother me.

I love The Patriot :wink:

I haven't had to many experiances with other peoples blood in real life, it's usually my own..
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah... I was thinking of The Patriot, too... maybe she meant Revolutionary War, not Civil War... :-k

(or, she knows exactly what she is talking about, and there is a Civil War movie we haven't seen...)
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I am deathly afraid of blood and gore.. :anxious:
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

It totally depends on the situation! Sometimes I can be totally grossed-out, but sometimes I'm ok with it...
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Country Girl
Classic

Post by Country Girl »

hehe we watched that last year in history class...

we had our teacher replay it in slow-mo like... 20 times... it was cool :)
Linne

Post by Linne »

I movies and stuff...I'm just like....covering my eyes and asking when its going to be over, the the general amusement of my guyfriends. But if it is a real problem, then I'm fine. For example, my poor brother is seriously accident prone,a nd a couple years ago got a cut on his head about two inches across. Now, while it wasn't serious, it did bleed a lot, as head wounds do. My mother was freaking out, so I had to keep everything under control...which was very difficult with my brother lying on the floor bleeding profusely and loudly lamenting the fact that he was going to die right there......

Of course, afterwards, it was sort of like....how did I do that?