Enchanted

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I was actually able to see it today. It was cute, funny, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. :D
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I've heard good things about this movie so it's been on my list to get around to watching for a very long time. Recently finding out there is an upcoming sequel made me go ahead and finally do it.

It's really fun! Exactly what you would expect it to be based on the premise, and done really well.

I loved the That's How You Know musical number. Both the number itself, being a great performance in staging and visuals, and how it was used in the story. At the beginning I had expected it to be merely a brief comedic bit as continuation of the 'oh she's doing fairy tale things in the real world haha' and it did start out that way at first, but then they actually went genuine with it and it became a traditional ensemble showstopper out of your standard musical. So good!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

:thud: Bookworm, how did you miss this movie up until now?! I'm so glad you finally watched it and enjoyed it. You're right that "That's How You Know" is a great musical number. I should rewatch Enchanted before I watch the new movie. I really love it and have seen it multiple times, but not recently.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:57 pmBookworm, how did you miss this movie up until now?!
I didn't hear it was worth seeing until it was out of theaters if I recall correctly. At that point tracking down access and deciding to schedule a viewing became more of a determined task than I ever ended up turning enough attention to to arrange. There wasn't Disney Plus back then. ;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

bookworm wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:26 pm
Catspaw wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:57 pmBookworm, how did you miss this movie up until now?!
I didn't hear it was worth seeing until it was out of theaters if I recall correctly. At that point tracking down access and deciding to schedule a viewing became more of a determined task than I ever ended up turning enough attention to to arrange. There wasn't Disney Plus back then. ;)
Sure, that's fair. While I think it appeals to a broad audience, I can see how it might have missed the notice of a few more guys than girls originally. I'm trying to remember now if I even saw it in theatres. I own the DVD so I think I saw it in theatres and loved it and bought the DVD when it was available, but it's troubling me that I can't remember. :anxious: Maybe a friend or relative remembers. There's only a few people I would have gone with.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:44 pmI'm trying to remember now if I even saw it in theatres.
It would seem so, based on the timing of your first post in here.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

bookworm wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:08 pm
Catspaw wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:44 pmI'm trying to remember now if I even saw it in theatres.
It would seem so, based on the timing of your first post in here.
What would I do without you, bookworm? Good call to check my old post! I wish I said who I went with. Probably my best friend or my sister.