Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That sounds great, Kaida. :D It's definitely a good sign when you don't mind the end of your Christmas break!

I had a busy but overall good day, and then a wonderful evening with the ladies in my Bible study group. :D We had a big answered prayer to be thankful for. It's great to have those reminders that we serve a great God!
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Catspaw wrote:I had a busy but overall good day, and then a wonderful evening with the ladies in my Bible study group. :D We had a big answered prayer to be thankful for. It's great to have those reminders that we serve a great God!
It really is! =D

Today was a hard day, but there were some good in it too. Either way, "This is the day the LORD has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it."

I'm exhausted though. I need a nap. =p
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I've decided to pop back in for a bit, who knows how long this will last, I'm not known for being consistent. Anyways, I'm in high school now, stressed out but surviving. Life is okay, I had a snow day day today, which was amazing. I actually joined a SPORT this year, cross country, which was great and horrible. I met some amazing people, made some great yet unexpected friends. I improved my fitness a bit. The team was really laid back and friendly, and the coaches are pretty chill. It's killer, and hurts like heck, but the people and the snacks (and the Chinese buffet at the end) made up for it. I'll probably do it again next year. So yeah, things are fine. Hope everyone is doing well around here!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Hey Joy, it's great to see you posting again! Cross country sounds like a lot of work, but it sounds like it's been worth it for you. :D

I had a full day with work and then a meeting after work. It wasn't a bad day, just a full one! It's amazing how the evenings fill up with this or that. (Yes, I sound like an old person. That's because I am one.) ;)
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

We've officially moved! we still have to clean our previous home, and move a few more things out, but we're in the process

it's kinda exciting, and surreal.

Till the end of the line.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I had some outdoor fun time today! It was a chilly day, but I just bought new ski pants and a jacket to match (since my usual winter jacket is nice, but not great for playing outside) so I was nice and toasty warm! The coldest part of me was my nose.
Young&Mighty
Pilgrim

Post by Young&Mighty »

I just played on the piano for Canada's national amateur piano competition! I need your vote to be considered in the final round though! So if you wanna hear me play on the piano and vote for me, here's the link!
http://piano2016.strutta.com/entry/9972469

Here's the youtube video too! :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlp1ohXberQ
"Adventure is Out There"

~Charles Muntz from "Up"
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Young&Mighty wrote:I just played on the piano for Canada's national amateur piano competition! I need your vote to be considered in the final round though!
I voted!! \:D/ Great piano playing! =D I'm definitely a fan of yours. :thumbsup:

It is great to see you pop on the ToO! I was actually just thinking about you because I would LOVE to hear you try a redintion of the AIO theme. :yes:
-->> http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=34682#p1128937 ..when you have time, you should totally do eett. \:D/

snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Young&Mighty
Pilgrim

Post by Young&Mighty »

snubs wrote:
Young&Mighty wrote:I just played on the piano for Canada's national amateur piano competition! I need your vote to be considered in the final round though!
I voted!! \:D/ Great piano playing! =D I'm definitely a fan of yours. :thumbsup:

It is great to see you pop on the ToO! I was actually just thinking about you because I would LOVE to hear you try a redintion of the AIO theme. :yes:
-->> http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=34682#p1128937 ..when you have time, you should totally do eett. \:D/

Thanks for the vote! I'll definitely give it a shot when I can! You can also vote once a day :)
"Adventure is Out There"

~Charles Muntz from "Up"
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I graduated from college today \:D/

snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Shennifer wrote:I graduated from college today \:D/
:thewave:
CONGRATULATIONS, SHENNIFER!!! :highfive:
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

That's quite the achievement! \:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I voted too, Young&Mighty! You obviously have been working hard on your piano skills for a long time - wow! I hope you win. :D

Congratulations, Shennifer! What a milestone in your life! I hope you had a fantastic day celebrating all you've worked so hard for! \:D/
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

Wow Shennifer! That is awesome! Congratulations!!!!!!!
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Congratulations Shennifer!! =D> That is awesome!!
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

thanks, all of you :)

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I had a better day until the evening meeting I was attending went more than an hour past the listed end time. :mad: I finally left before it ended because I had to be somewhere else before they closed, and I just barely made it as it was. Oh well. If that was the worst thing that happened to me, it was still a pretty good day. ;) I just hate leaving early, but sadly, I can only be in one place at a time, no matter how much I wish for magical powers. :(
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

*pats Catspaw*

One of my profs assigned a presentation as the first project of the semester D: I had to present today and it didn't go as bad as I thought. I prayed that morning, on the way to school, and right before I started speaking. I went pretty rapidly with it but that's because my prof only wanted us to take 7 minutes. =p We still went over time because I was presenting with two other guys and they went somewhat slow on their parts. I think still went great. :)
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Today went pretty well... Til towards the end of school. Most of my students were really hyper today and some were tired and cold. And then some drama happened during the last class.. sigh. But we were able to pray about it so that was nice. I'm crazy tired now though. I still need to look up some ideas for a class or two. I hope I stay awake long enough to do that.

But I still liked today. A lot of nice things happened even if there was some drama at the end.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Drama happens. ;) I'm guessing that you're at a Christian school if you can pray about stuff as a class?

I had a great morning at church, first attending the service and then helping with the three-year-olds. Never a dull moment there. ;) I spent a bit of time with two little girls who are cousins and normally get along very well, but today they both desperately wanted to hold the same doll and were having trouble sorting out how to share. ;) Sharing is tough stuff!
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

Yeah...It takes a lot to teach little kids how to share >_>

I got a 95% on my Algebra Midterm \:D/
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin