What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I am currently reading Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie and The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I love them both so far!
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I just started The Book Thief I'm liking it so far!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I read a book that a local businessman wrote about hiring people. When I spent the day job shadowing him, he gave me a signed copy of the book. I promised to read it. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger »

I am currently in the middle of reading the Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima. I'm in the third book of the four in the series.
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria
Joshua 1:9
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Jesus' Princess wrote:I just started The Book Thief I'm liking it so far!
That is one of my favorite books! \:D/
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1
It’s my birthday

Post by Marvin D. »

*must check The Book Thief*

Something Wicked This Way Comes - Ray Bradbury
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Road Home by Patrick E. Craig last night, excellent. This morning I am starting Rebekah by Jill Eileen Smith. It is the second book in her Wives of the Patriarchs trilogy.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I am just starting "The Hobbit." My brother recommended it to me, and I have now seen the first two Hobbit movies (though I understand that some significant changes have been made) and so I decided that I just had to finally read the book! \:D/

I'm also reading "A Match Made in Texas," a book with four novellas by Karen Witemeyer, Regina Jennings, Carol Cox, and Mary Connealy. Since I have read multiple really good books by three of those authors, I thought that it wouldn't be much of a risk. ;) I have read three of the four stories and really enjoyed them so far!
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

I just started "The Dancing Master" I'm super excited to read it because I didn't know my copy of the book had come in till I got to work today \:D/

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Rebekah by Jill Eileen Smith, it was excellent. I am now starting Mrs. Lincoln's Rival by Jennifer Chiaverini.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Caitie
Processing

Post by Caitie »

I read 'Nightmare City' by Andrew Klavan (Who happens to be my favorite author) and sadly lent 'If We Survive' over to my friend :( I wanted to read it, but instead I ad to settle for Frank Peretti's 'Hangman's Curse' Finished both books yesterday, and am trying to find more books I haven't read :)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Mrs. Lincoln's Rival. I enjoyed it. Up next for me is Snow on the Tulips by Liz Tolsma. First time reading this author so we shall see.
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

Now that I'm graduated I finally have time to read again :)

I'm catching up on the Missing series. Finished Torn (book 4) this weekend and just got Caught (book 5) from the library today. I appreciate books that make me want to go do some historical research to find out more about history.
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger »

Ooo, I do too, BC.

I'm reading Doom by Corp and Langdon. Oh, and I just started Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria
Joshua 1:9
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

I am reading The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I am reading Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Snow on the Tulips last night. An excellent book. I have started Promise to Return by Elizabeth Byler Younts. It is the first book in her Return to Sunrise series/trilogy.
Last edited by Laurie on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Abide in Christ by Andrew Murray. I've always avoided this type of book for some reason; that was a mistake.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1
It’s my birthday

Post by Marvin D. »

I started The Book Thief because so many people gave it raving reviews.

I didn't even make it through Chapter 1. Ugh.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Marvin D. wrote:I started The Book Thief because so many people gave it raving reviews.

I didn't even make it through Chapter 1. Ugh.
But it gets so good! I had a hard time making it through the first 100 or so pages, but after that I finished it in 3 days.