Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Last day of Thanksgiving break, then I'm off to school tonight.

then 2 more weeks and I'm off for Christmas \:D/

I hope I make it.

Till the end of the line.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

It seems a little strange that you Americans would go to all the effort of going home for Thanksgiving, only to go back to school for another couple of weeks and then return again. :-k
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

And now is the moment one realizes how little schoolwork one got done during Thanksgiving break.

I have only two weeks of class, finals week and then GRADUATION! :D
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Cars are expensive. :(

$300 for new brake pads and rotors or whatever. This is why I can't have nice things.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I'm guessing that's with labor. I can now do it myself for free. \:D/
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

DanP740 wrote:I'm guessing that's with labor. I can now do it myself for free. \:D/
Boo you.

Yeah, that's parts, labor, tax and a $35 initial brake inspection included. And was only $279 total, but $300 sounded more dramatic so I rounded up.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

It's the last week of the semester, and I have been extremely busy with my final homework assignments and exams. Even though I am only taking two college courses, it is still a lot of work. I have a major argumentative essay due Friday, and a final math exam due Saturday. Thankfully, they are both almost done.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

So I have successfully made sauce and meat balls for me and my boyfriend. \:D/ It's simmering, and it smells sooo good! I'm so excited. It's my grandmother's recipe, and I hadn't made it without her yet. I feel so Italian right now.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Termite wrote:So I have successfully made sauce and meat balls for me and my boyfriend. \:D/ It's simmering, and it smells sooo good! I'm so excited. It's my grandmother's recipe, and I hadn't made it without her yet. I feel so Italian right now.
:drool:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

I've had an interesting week. So much so that I'm going to share it you all.

1). On Sunday, we had a guest speaker in the morning service. He was a teacher in our school back in the '80s, and he went off and planted a church, which he pastored for 26 years. This summer, he was diagnosed with some type of lymphoma, so he resigned the pastorate and went into evangelism. That had always been his lifelong dream. I'd heard the name of the man before, but I'd never met him. He was incredible. He is a fire-and-brimstone type evangelist.

2). On visitation Wednesday, I had a little kid ask if we were Mormons. That's never happened before.

3). Also on visitation that day, we were on a street that was built on a steep hill. At the bottom of the hill were a few rundown houses. I was with two other people, and we saw this older man on a three-wheeler with a trailer start going up the hill. We knocked on two more houses, and were about to cross the street when we heard somebody yell, "Hey, get outta the way!" We turned around and got back to the side of the road. The man had driven his vehicle all the way up to the top of the hill, put it in neutral and was coming toward us at a brisk pace. He hit some low spots in the road, so junk flew out of his trailer. He barreled straight for a house. We thought he was going to hit it, but at the last minute he made a sharp turn and flew down the side yard and up around the back of the house.
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Amethystic wrote:It seems a little strange that you Americans would go to all the effort of going home for Thanksgiving, only to go back to school for another couple of weeks and then return again. :-k
Well, Thanksgiving was unusually late this year, so it yes it is kind of ineffective this year. For High School, though, I have three weeks after break before I get off for Christmas Break.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Marvin D. wrote:I'm glad to see that one of the twins has her priorities straight \:D/
We waved, but he didn't wave back. :( Next stop: Ghana! \:D/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Petrichor wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:I'm glad to see that one of the twins has her priorities straight \:D/
We waved, but he didn't wave back. :( Next stop: Ghana! \:D/
How rude :noway: Tell me when you're on your way; I'll go stand at the ocean and wave towards the States \:D/

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

I took the SAT for the first time yesterday. I feel like I did really well on it, so I'm looking forward to getting my scores back in a couple of weeks.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Christian A. wrote:I took the SAT for the first time yesterday. I feel like I did really well on it, so I'm looking forward to getting my scores back in a couple of weeks.
Whenever I think I did really well, that's when I start to doubt that I really DID do well at all.

//grouchyoldcynic

DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

As some of you know, today I leave on a road trip with Tim and Limerick to go to Texas, and on the way we're meeting up with a lot of people from here. I should still be able to be on here a little, though most of my internet attention will be on Facebook and Twitter.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

That sounds like fun, Dan. how long are you traveling for?

Finals week is upon me. and I have yet to start studying or writing my last papers.

but I will, and then it'll be Christmas break \:D/

Till the end of the line.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

We're getting back Monday or Tuesday next week, I think.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

HAVE FUN, DAN. I'll be waiting for you. \:D/

=p

I am baking cookies right now.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I am now complete with my college classes. I got an A in my math class, and a B in my English. I was only 0.45 points away from getting an A in my English. That kind of makes me upset (actually very upset), but I am glad that I did well in both classes. I planning to take two more college classes next semester, and I can't wait.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis