9/11

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

9/11

Post by NatetheGreat »

In remberiounce there-of
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I was going to start a thread about this! Lol!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Yeah, I was thinking about that this morning. I can't believe it's already 4 years ago! And then think about all that has happenes since then! But, it still kinda makes me sick to my stomach to think about it.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

Evil Chick wrote:Yeah, I was thinking about that this morning. I can't believe it's already 4 years ago! And then think about all that has happenes since then! But, it still kinda makes me sick to my stomach to think about it.
yeah I was thinking the same thing
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Wow, it's been 4 years already..
...I hate marquees.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

J-man wrote:Wow, it's been 4 years already..
Wow. It has passed so quickly...and the memory of it seems like it happened just yesterday. May God protect us all.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Frank wrote:
J-man wrote:Wow, it's been 4 years already..
Wow. It has passed so quickly...and the memory of it seems like it happened just yesterday. May God protect us all.
Yes frankk, I pray that God will protect us from this kind of attack.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Yeah, and also pray for all of the familis of the victims. :pray:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Yeah, it is hard to believe it's already been 4 years. It does seem like it's been waaaaaaay less like a month or two. I still remember that morning 4 years ago......and remember most of the entire day.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Orange Llama wrote:I still remember that morning 4 years ago......and remember most of the entire day.

Peace Out

-Gimp
As do I.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Yeah, at the time I was living near Chattanooga TN..........I had gotten up about 7:45 or so and found out I didn't have to go to work, so I went back to bed.........just before 9 AM, my roomate came in my room waking me up.

I was ticked and told her to get out of my room that I didn't work.........she said she knew, and told me that there were terrorists that had just hit the World Trade Center.........I remember rolling back over saying "uh-huh, that's nice"......after a couple seconds of silence she asked me if I had heard what she had just said..........I was like "yeah, yeah, yeah.......New York, terrorists, World Trade.......did you say terrorists?!?!?"

We walked down to the college (we lived in a SDA college town, and didn't have a TV in our apartment, so the college rec room was the closest TV) and watched the news brodcasts from there..........I think classes had been canceled cuz the rec room was packed. After several hours I couldn't sit there and watch anymore, so I walked into a neighboring town about three or four miles away to look for work ( a second job)......everywhere I went had the news on, so I was still seeing it until I got home about 7:30 PM.

Sometimes I still have vivd dreams / nightmares about that day.

Peace Out

-Gimp
Last edited by gimp80995 on Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

i remember seeing the second plane hit on the news live....i was 11 i think and i will never forget seeing the images on the news all day, hearing the stories, and how scared i felt.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

I was 12 then, and it was midnight here. My parents woke me up and told me that "something terrible happened," so I went downstairs with them. What I saw on the television completely shocked me. I couldn't go back to sleep after that...
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

I still remember where I was and what I was doing when it happened. -_-;
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I was asleep when it happened. When I awoke I found out. It was pretty bad.

-Cowboy of Texas
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I was at school when I fully realised what happened. I had never heard my college campus so quiet before. I got home that night and I found out my Uncle had been walking into the North tower as it was coming down. He turned around and hurried out of there before it completely collapsed. I always don't like today because it's also the day our church was dealt a serious spiritual attack that (on top of everthing else) could have crippled the church because the blow was felt in every department.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I was downstairs working on some cross-stitch when my Granny called and told us what was going on. We had on the radio all day until my dad got home. Then we pulled out our "rabbit ears" and got the TV news. It was scary because my grandpa and his wife had an apartment in NYC at the time...we were'nt sure exactly how far away they were. It turned out they were fine though. Then my uncle was in DC on business and was stuck for awhile til they let flights go out again.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I was in Biology, first hour with Ms. Anne Bolyard and Mr. Mark Lykins (student teacher), about 8 am central time, last row second seat from the right with Jennifer Swenson on my right and learning about sponges (the animals).

I could go on and on about a whole ton of details I remember from that day, but you get the idea.

-Jonathan
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I came home from school and my mom said "Two planes just flew into the World Trade Center." I didn't even know exactly what the WTC was. I had only heard of it like once or twice before then. I remember feeling really scared, esp. for my relatives who live near Washington D. C. And the relief we felt when they called us and let us know they were ok. I remember kinda feeling remotely safe, because we live in Germany, like really far away from all of that. But then finding out that the pilots were trained right here in Hamburg, where we live! Then I didn't feel so safe anymore! I remember the sympathy I got at school, the support from the Germans here, but then only months later the anger they suddenly felt about the war. That was totally un-cool, and very confusing, but also a different disscussion for a different time.
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

I was 8 at the time. It was midnight here, and my sis and me were talking (we were laughing our heads off about something which I cannot remember) and when we heard footsteps we thought that our parents were going to scold us for staying up late and talking, but then my dad came and told us to come down with us. The tv was on and when I saw it I was like "What in the world is going on...?" I thought it was just some weird factory thing with smoke coming out of the chimney at first. Then I don't remember how (At the time I had no clue what the twin towers looked like except from the train cards I collected then with a picture of statue of liberty and twin towers, which looked awesomely cool that I loved it) but some way I realized what was happening, then started bawling my eyes out. I was so freaked and after that I cried myself to sleep everytime I thought about it. I hope nothing like that ever happens again. :(

Wow. Long post.
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~