What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Outcast this morning, it was very good. On my Nook I finished Revolutionary Summer by Joseph Ellis, it was excellent. I finished Remember Me When on my Nook, it was excellent and kept me turning the pages. I have started reading American Phoenix on the Nook because reading a 400 page hardcover book stretched out on a bed is not easy. In book form I am starting Nowhere to Be Found by Emily Thomas. This book is the first book in the Secrets of the Blue Hill Library. This is a new series from Guideposts and this book (and series) must be ordered from them.
Last edited by Laurie on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:18 am, edited 6 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Book I am reading: Precalculus.. >_>
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Finished reading Animorphs 47: The Resistance

What did I just read? The story cuts between Jake preparing the Hork-Bajir camp for battle and a battle in the civil war. I saw no connection between the two and a few times I found the past more interesting than the meat of the story. It feels like a book needed to be published but the story wasn't long enough...
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Quiet: The power of introverts in a world that can't stop talking. Highly recommend it, it's a great non fiction book about how introverts are undervalued and how being extroverted is a trend. \:D/

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I'm reading the Appendices from the Lord of the Rings. It's good, but no matter how many times I read it, I still forget who's who. It doesn't help that so many characters have names beginning with the same letter. :x
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1
It’s my birthday

Post by Marvin D. »

Currently Inferno.

Ugh.
Last edited by Marvin D. on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Nowhere to Be Found last night, it was excellent. I have now started Beneath the Dover Sky by Murray Pura. It is the second book in his The Danforths of Lancashire trilogy/series.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

Currently I'm working through several Gnostic works from the Nag Hammadi library, Codex Sinaiticus, and a Coptic Grammar.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1
It’s my birthday

Post by Marvin D. »

Finished An Abundance of Katherines. Now on Will Grayson, Will Grayson.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Beneath the Dover Sky, it was excellent. My only complaint is that I have to wait until 2014 for the next book. Up next for me is Pearl in the Sand by Tessa Afshar.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Knight Fisher wrote:
T.S. (myself) wrote:Really? I've been reading Tales from Watership Down. I think that's what it's called. It's basically what the Silmarillion is to LOTR.
Erm, not really...

However that is an amazing book. \:D/
:-s How so? Tales from Watership Down gives some interesting background to Watership Down, primarily through folklore/legend about their rabbit hero. (I've already forgotten his name :/) TWD also gives a little more background on the few dozen words the author invented for his book.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Caitie
Processing

Post by Caitie »

I just finished reading Frank Peretti's 'Hangman's Curse'. It was pretty cool. I am starting on reading Ted Dekker's 'House' again. And once i am done with that, I am going to read Andrew Klavan's 'Homelanders' series :anxious: This is gonna be a lot of reading :lol: ;)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Pearl in the Sand by Tessa Afshar on Monday, it was very good. I am now starting On Distant Shores by Sarah Sundin. This is the second book in her Wings of Nightingale series/trilogy. On my NOOK I am still reading American Phoenix by Jane Hampton Cook.
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

Hmmm, let me see here. I've reread Little Women, And Pilgrims Progress, which I just have this thing for... :-k

Anyways, I've also read The Borrowers by Mary Norton. I don't care if those were meant for second graders or middle agers, they. Are. My. New. Favorite. Series. Oh. My. Gosh. :inlove: So creative and full of life. And the life being only 4 inches tall. \:D/ Though the way the series ended just broke my heart. >_> (Who does Arrietty marry?! :x )

Aaaaand. That's it. I really need something good to read. Preferably Christian, preferably fantasy, preferably awesome. Nothing major. :P
merp.
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

I am currently working through a book on strategies used in the game of Chess, and the collection of Sherlock Holmes.
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Finished Women Counseling Women by someone's who's name I would remember it wasn't still hidden in my luggage. This would have to be the book I recommend for counseling now. My next not fiction book I plan to read is 1776.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Reading Mostly Harmless by Douglas Adams. I love the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. It is really well-written and quite witty. After that, I start reading my college textbooks. And the Iliad by Homer.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli and Game Changer by Margaret Peterson Haddix.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Alcatraz Versus the Scrivener's Bones. Brandon Sanderson Is amazingly annoying for a great author.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I'm reading a book called A Killing in the Hills. I've actually only read the title so far though :P

Double post fixed -Woody