Book Editing

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Book Editing

Post by Marvin D. »

So, several of you have might have done the NaNo, and you have your novel sitting in a virtual corner of our computer. You might have only opened it a few times as you're too lazy to go through the tedious process of self-editing. Or maybe you have a story you've been working on, and you feel like checking it for errors, but you're not sure if you can catch them. Well fear not! \:D/

I have a friend who's in Maine, and she's an aspiring editor. She's a high school graduate, and she's taken (and is taking) editing courses. She edited my NaNo novel from last year, and did quite a good job. She's basically looking for further practice, so feel free to send Heather an email at [email protected] and work out all the details. Also, if you're wondering if it costs anything, it doesn't necessarily, but you can also work out some sort of compensation for her ;)
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Jwosh, why haven't we made Hayah join the ToO? She would like it around here :p
*insert provocative quote here*
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I think, Mecry, because she's through with forums for a bit ;) I might try convincing her again, though \:D/

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Is she aiming for accreditation with her country's national editing association?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

MITCHnTRENT wrote:She's a high school graduate, and she's taken (and is taking) editing courses.
I didn’t know there were actual editing courses. I just edit based on my grammar classes. It’s sort of common knowledge from there.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

No, 31899. I don't believe so, considering it's overseas. She just wants practice \:D/

Yes, bookworm. There are. :p I’m not sure what’s the name of the company/institute, but I remember that it’s in England. I’ll have to ask her ;)

Edit: Asked her, and it's Chapter House Publishing Company.
Last edited by Marvin D. on Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 31899 »

I am very concerned when I hear of persons who claim to be editors or working to be editors and are not accredited or working towards accreditation with their country's national editing association.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Why? Did she claim to be an editor? Marvin posted that she is an "aspiring editor". She wants practice.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."

Post by 31899 »

If she is aspiring, she should be seeking accreditation. The want of practice is excellent, but one must always be careful. Theft of intellectual property is a very real thing.