Purity Rings

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Humby
Tallying up

Purity Rings

Post by Humby »

My mom just bought me a beautiful new purity ring with a cross in it and a message saying "True love waits" then 1 Timothy 4:12 surrounding it. I love it!
Does anyone else here wear a purity ring? Or perhaps are interested in them...
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I wear one that says "I will wait for" and on the outside "my beloved". I like it, the simplicity.

I've heard of the True Love Waits ones a lot, particularly in Christian magazines like SISTERHOOD (formerly Brio back in the day).

Till the end of the line.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Sh'nooka and I have the same one. ^_^

I find it very useful for when I see weird guys/men eye-ing me too boldy. I twist it so it's plain silver and flash it around. It works. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Coolness.

Termite, do you wear it on your left hand? cuz I wear it on my right, so I suppose trying to ward off any creeps wouldn't work too well. (not that i encounter any of those much)

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I do, yes... I have another ring on my right middle finger, so one right next to it would bug me. ;)

Well, there's always the subtle switcheroo when you see an old geezer drooling. :P
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

true. Though it's a little hard for me to get my ring off, so trying to quickly switch might look conspicuous.

But like I said, I rarely encounter any weirdos checking me out.