Welcome/Goodbye

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Alright, let’s back up a minute here. As happens entirely too often, my point is being missed and everyone is hating me for it.

@ Marvin:
Yes, seriously. I get annoyed by things like this because forum or not there is a principle involved here. Just because this is the internet doesn’t mean things like common decency change. If someone takes on a position of authority, then tosses it away, you’re darn right I’m going to get upset about it. However that’s assuming they are just tossing it away. This leads directly to Dan’s very valid comment.

@ Dan:
Monty did not go ‘Eh, I’m feeling kind of swamped, I’m going to get out of here.’ he had things that actually, truly affected his ability to balance offline and online life. I fully acknowledge that those things happen, it happened to me for goodness sake! You may recall that some time ago I up and disappeared for years. I had things in my life that made it literally impossible to keep up my presence here.

Now, this is not to say Sam doesn’t. She very well could - I don’t know. The reason she gives is ‘life is hectic’ which is the generic ambiguous reason everyone gives for leaving. It can mean absolutely anything, and when time and again people give it just to take a break and return it becomes difficult for me to put much stock in it the next and next and next time it gets used.

If there is something going on that truly warrants a cut back, that’s another thing entirely. I don’t know Sam hardly at all, but from the little I do I’m fairly sure this is likely the case because she doesn’t seem like the type of person to do something this drastic lightly, especially in her current position. So I will try to give her the benefit of the doubt, it’s simply difficult to do so as my immediate reaction when all she supplied was the words used so often they have come to lack any degree of impact to me.

I sincerely apologize if I came across as suggesting that there was no valid reason for Sam to do this, that was not my intention. My anger was not necessarily directed at her personally, but at the situation itself and the idea of people leaving like this as a whole. Mostly, it’s residual irritation from JELLEK that’s been held back and just finally burst out upon witnessing an apparently similar occurrence.

So, in an attempt to present my response in a way hopefully less likely to make people attack me:

If this is truly something you have to do, that’s up to you to discern Sam and I hope things work out for you. I hope you can at least pop in maybe once a month to stay in touch, and if not that you at least eventually make it back when things calm down.

However if this is an overreaction taken to an extreme, I will be very disappointed. Especially if you realize it and return in the near future, thereby causing all this hustle for nothing.

I hope, and deep down believe, it’s the former because I don’t think you the type to rush into something drastic on an impulse.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I know her well, and her life is way more than any 14 year old should be going through. And as she said, she isn't leaving completely, she is going to be around to plan events and stuff and was actually doing that when you started complaining.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That was part of the initial annoyance though. If she isn’t leaving, then what was she posting about? Because the post she linked to sure sounded like a ‘Bye forever’ to me. But whatever, it doesn’t matter.
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

The bye forever notice was for SS and CC... I was just giving the explanation from that post a bit. I don't know, it doesn't exactly matter.
merp.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

In my defense, you could have made that clearer.
In my indictment, I could have made my response clearer.

I need a PR person if this is going to keep happening. >_> I can’t do damage control by myself, especially when I have to leave for class right in the middle of the misunderstanding. Thank goodness it didn’t get out of hand while I was gone, it could have been much worse.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

So, I know I said that I would be back on Tuesday...but somehow that actually didn't end up happening :p

BUT. I'm back now and all is well.
*insert provocative quote here*
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

@bookworm
At least she's letting you guys know that she's not going to be around, unlike some people I know. :lol:
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

bookworm I'm gonna let you finish, but JELLEK was the best term of ALL TIME.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Jelly wrote:bookworm I'm gonna let you finish, but JELLEK was the best term of ALL TIME.
Copycat :noway: Made me laugh though. :P
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

He y'all just letting ya know that I'm going to camp for 2 weeks. I might be on a bit next Saturday, but I sorta doubt it.

I'll be on a bit today, but I wanted to get this over with early :P

Farewell!! :wave:
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

See yaz, Brad. Have fun at camp.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

im new
I like being cofused
I am confused
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Welcome to the Town of Odyssey, Eugene the second! \:D/

I remember you being on the chat. =]
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

yep I go on the chat.
I am confused
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Welcome to the Town, Eugene the second. =]
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Welcome Eugene the second! I hope you enjoy it here :)
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

I am now feeling welcome
I am confused
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1
It’s my birthday

Post by Marvin D. »

*doesn't welcome Eugene*
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

ignore him. He's weird.

Hey Eugene! enjoy your time here
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »