What is the last movie you saw?

post it

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

The Fugitive. Good movie, it had been awhile.

Till the end of the line.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Oblivion

It was ok. It was basically Moon with more gadgets and people, and I guessed the 'plot twist' right away, but it was somewhat entertaining. The music was quite good though, I thought. The retro drums made me smile. \:D/
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

ric wrote:Oblivion

The music was quite good though, I thought. The retro drums made me smile. \:D/
M38's score for Oblivion was absolutely fantastic \:D/ Surprisingly so, actually. I hope that they are given a little bit more recognition in the film score industry due to their work on Oblivion's score.
*insert provocative quote here*
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:

M38's score for Oblivion was absolutely fantastic \:D/ Surprisingly so, actually. I hope that they are given a little bit more recognition in the film score industry due to their work on Oblivion's score.
Eh, I'm generally not a fan of popular bands doing film music (I was actually quite surprised to find it was M83). It was honestly pretty simple and generic, but fit very well with this particular sci-fi film, I thought. Have they done any other soundtracks?
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

ric wrote:
Musical Shutterbug wrote:

M83's score for Oblivion was absolutely fantastic \:D/ Surprisingly so, actually. I hope that they are given a little bit more recognition in the film score industry due to their work on Oblivion's score.
Eh, I'm generally not a fan of popular bands doing film music (I was actually quite surprised to find it was M83).
I agree. Particularly when it requires that band to "branch out" from their genre a little too much.
ric wrote:It was honestly pretty simple and generic, but fit very well with this particular sci-fi film, I thought.
I would say that it was a pretty subtle score for a sci-fi movie. But it turned out very nicely \:D/

And the song that plays during the credits is awesome. Susanne Sundfor's vocals blend well with M83's style.
ric wrote:Have they done any other soundtracks?
I know that they have had quite a few of their songs featured in movie trailers, movie scenes, and TV episodes. Midnight City, being their most popular track, is used a lot in the movie and TV industry....beyond that, I think that Oblivion was their first full score.
*insert provocative quote here*
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Titanic 1997 The boat sank yet again.
Part of Pochontas Disney 1995
Last edited by Laurie on Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole \:D/
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Up - my first time.

Guys I COULDN'T STOP CRYING.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Cinderella Disney 1950
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Source Code.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

The Host.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame. A wonderful movie.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Laurie, I see you've been watching a bunch of Disney classics lately. :D

I thiink the last movie I watched was Oz, the Great and Powerful. Great movie, I really liked it. Not a disappointment at all. :)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Joy wrote:Laurie, I see you've been watching a bunch of Disney classics lately. :D

I thiink the last movie I watched was Oz, the Great and Powerful. Great movie, I really liked it. Not a disappointment at all. :)

I love the animated Disney movies. I was looking at the TV listings yesterday and saw that it was on ABC Family. They premiered it last night, ran it twice. ABC Family runs quite a few of the animated Disney movies. A nice way to watch them except for the commercials.
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Wreck-It Ralph
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan

I hadn't seen it for quite a long time, and having seen the most recent Star Trek movie I wanted to revisit an old one.

Till the end of the line.
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Pendrangon: Sword of His Father. Produced by a homeschooled family but very good. A character study and action film.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Laurie wrote:Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame. A wonderful movie.
That was and still is my favorite animated movie. I was captivated by Esmeralda. :P

I watched Princess Diaries 2 last night. I have a thing for corny movies from childhood.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote: I watched Princess Diaries 2 last night. I have a thing for corny movies from childhood.
My sister and I like to rewatch that one now and then too! Good times. :inlove:

I watched Mighty Ducks yesterday and Mighty Ducks 2 today. It had been a really long time since I watched them, and it was way too much fun. \:D/ I was a little worried about how many lines I still remembered in D2. O:) I have definitely seen that movie too many times over the years! With the NHL playoffs being so lousy this year, at least in my estimation, I wanted to watch happier hockey. ;)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I watched the 1993 movie edition of The Beverly Hillbillies. It was generally enjoyable because, although I have enjoyed the classic TV series from time to time, I don't have nostalgia for its plot or characters. I was able to look at it as an independent project and enjoy the bits of hillbilly humor. (-10 points for the daughter's promiscuous apparel.)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.