Welcome/Goodbye

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
God's Daughter
Not Implemented

Post by God's Daughter »

Bye Musical Shutterbug! Hope you have a great time. \:D/
Image]
My Online Family! \:D/
Sky, is my twin. ^_^
Lee, is my cousin.
I'm KF's awesome sister and he's my equally awesome brother!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I wouldn't normally post here for a two-day absence, but since I'm the CoP, y'all should probably know my whereabouts. \:D/ I'm going on a trip to Cedar Point with friends.

I'll be back on Tuesday night-ish. Vale.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

American Eagle wrote:I wouldn't normally post here for a two-day absence, but since I'm the CoP, y'all should probably know my whereabouts. \:D/ I'm going on a trip to Cedar Point with friends.

I'll be back on Tuesday night-ish. Vale.
Bye AE, have fun at Cedar Point \:D/
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I've recently made the decision to go offline on all my social sites as of tomorrow and then remain so until my exams are finished next month, so no Facebook or ToO for me in the meantime. :( If anyone needs to get a hold of me, feel free to email. Adieu, my friends! How on earth am I going to survive the next month. ](*,)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

You can do it, Amy! We'll still be here when you get back!
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Marvin D. wrote:You can do it, Amy! We'll still be here when you get back!
We will?
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Joy wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:You can do it, Amy! We'll still be here when you get back!
We will?
Maybe. Maybe not :-

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

http://odysseyscoop.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=420

Before anyone begins to freak out, I'm not just going to disappear completely during my term, leaving everything up to AE. That would be irresponsible.

However, I will say that I will hardly be on. I've already noted that if anyone, anyone needs me, they can email me at anytime. I'll be here to help in a heart beat.

I'll miss you guys a lot, but life... Life is a bit crazier than I can handle right now. And I need to take care of things a bit more than I have been.

So, with this I'll take my leave. See you guys soon. (:
merp.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

...and you ran for office why then?
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

. . .

Because at the time I didn't think things would end up the way they were. Sorry.

I'm not dropping everything, I just said. I intend to fulfill this term fully.
merp.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Samantha14 wrote:I intend to fulfill this term fully.
And how do you plan on doing that if you’re leaving?
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

*Coughs*

I just said if I'm needed I can be contacted by email. And I did say I wasn't going to just leave ToO during my term. I've already noted to AE and Catspaw that when I'm needed to start things or help with things, I can be contacted.

I have plans for each event still. I haven't dropped those either.
merp.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Samantha14 wrote:when I'm needed to start things or help with things, I can be contacted.
You're needed to help with things... all the time. You're an administrator.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Uh, not really. Look at Jellek. EK hasn't been around for a long time. He was gone during his term. Jelly wasn't around much, either. Everything went fine. Monty was gone for a good chunk of his term. And what happened? We survived. When I was an admin, ric was gone for two months. What happened then? We survived. There's Catspaw, there's AE, there're the mods, and there are the users. It's enough. It can be done. It *has* been done.

Sheesh.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I didn’t say we would experience Armageddon if an admin left. Of course they aren’t vital, but that doesn’t mean it’s right for them to just take off.
I am seriously angry about this. It irritates me enough when ‘ordinary’ members go ‘Guess what? I’m leaving!’ because it’s unnecessarily drastic. You have to go away for good? Really? I’m pretty sure checking in at least once a month wouldn’t be impossible.
But it is an entirely different thing for a newly elected administrator! You signed on to be our leader, not go ‘Actually guys, I’m out.’
God's Daughter
Not Implemented

Post by God's Daughter »

She just said life was hectic, and she needs to take a break. (However long that may be.) I think her life is more important then being an admin on here.

Goodbye, Sam! Like I said last night, you'll be missed! :hug:
Image]
My Online Family! \:D/
Sky, is my twin. ^_^
Lee, is my cousin.
I'm KF's awesome sister and he's my equally awesome brother!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Seriously, bookworm? Seriously? You're that annoyed about an *internet* forum? You're making that big of deal about it? For crying out loud, she's not going to be gone COMPLETELY. And you're not in her life. You don't know what's going on. You're not helping, either.

If you're so upset over this, then too bad. There are more important things to be concerned about.

DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Bookworm, there's this little thing called life. Things happen unexpectedly. She's not even leaving completely. So just... nothing I want to say right here is appropriate. >_>

EDIT: I have to add this in. In the "Monty" topic you just said
bookworm wrote:Don’t worry about it at all Monty. I wasn’t upset that you weren’t logging in, I know things come up. I just wanted to make sure you were still alive.
So it's okay for Monty to vanish without notice because of life, but it's not okay for Sam to partially vanish because of life, with notice?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Dan, you hit on the key. Allow me to compose a response and return in a bit to post it. (Just posting now to pause the discussion in its tracks before it gets out of hand.)
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

*posts for bookworm*
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!