Questions for Catspaw

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

Can you change my name to Young Link?
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Sure, enjoy your new name! I also accept private messages for such requests.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Could you change my name to Reynard Muldoon? I enjoy having that name when I'm wearing MBS sets. :D
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It's done. Enjoy!
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Yay! \:D/ Thank you, Catspaw! :D
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

In the User Control Panel, under the PM tab, at the bottom of the page, there's a button called "Export This View." When clicked, it takes me to a page where I can provide a "Delimiter" and an "Enclosure" in respective text boxes, which seem like they will determine how much of my PM history is copied over onto an Excel or XML file. In what format do I enter information in those text boxes? I can't figure it out.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Christian A. wrote:In the User Control Panel, under the PM tab, at the bottom of the page, there's a button called "Export This View." When clicked, it takes me to a page where I can provide a "Delimiter" and an "Enclosure" in respective text boxes, which seem like they will determine how much of my PM history is copied over onto an Excel or XML file. In what format do I enter information in those text boxes? I can't figure it out.
I will have to quote one of my favourite AIO characters (in the "has appeared in very few episodes" category) and say that I have no idea. ;) I have never looked at that option at all. Interesting! Hopefully Darcie will rush to our technological rescue! :mad:
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Catspaw wrote:
Christian A. wrote:In the User Control Panel, under the PM tab, at the bottom of the page, there's a button called "Export This View." When clicked, it takes me to a page where I can provide a "Delimiter" and an "Enclosure" in respective text boxes, which seem like they will determine how much of my PM history is copied over onto an Excel or XML file. In what format do I enter information in those text boxes? I can't figure it out.
I will have to quote one of my favourite AIO characters (in the "has appeared in very few episodes" category) and say that I have no idea. ;) I have never looked at that option at all. Interesting! Hopefully Darcie will rush to our technological rescue! :mad:
Quick! Look! You have exactly 25,555 posts!
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

~JCGJ~ wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Quick! Look! You have exactly 25,555 posts!
Oops. :( I wish I had seen this a couple of minutes sooner, because now I have 25,556 posts (before I submit this post) and I'm far too lazy to go delete a post of mine just to look at the post count. ;) You win an imaginary prize for being very observant, however! \:D/

...Oops, but then you lose the prize, because there was no question for Catspaw in your post. :( Better luck next time! ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Could the Fall Festival Planning forum be moved up to the Clan Headquarters section? At least until it's time to plan again. At the moment it doesn't need to occupy its own whole section down there.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Delimiter - The symbol you want to separate data.
Enclosure - The thing you want to use to enclose the data.

You can leave them just as is, nothing to enter.
(Yes, I did have to look at what it did to answer this question.)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

bookworm wrote:Could the Fall Festival Planning forum be moved up to the Clan Headquarters section? At least until it's time to plan again. At the moment it doesn't need to occupy its own whole section down there.
I suppose it could be. I could also just remove the members, or delete the whole thing and recreate it as needed in the future, if nobody is saving any life-changing ideas in there. ;)

Darcie, thanks so much for answering Christian's question! We all learned something new. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote:if nobody is saving any life-changing ideas in there. ;)
I am! :x
Why do you always want to delete things? :(
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

bookworm wrote:
Catspaw wrote:if nobody is saving any life-changing ideas in there. ;)
I am! :x
Why do you always want to delete things? :(
Why do you always want me to move things? Maybe it's the same reason. ;) Saving a forum for an entire year when it takes moments to recreate isn't worth it unless there's something useful in there. It's pretty much the same amount of effort to move it and then move it back as it would be to delete it and then make a new one (if one is even needed the next time around) in fall.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

But it would be even loss work to move it and leave it, wouldn’t it?
But if it’s a tradeoff between moving and deleting, forget I said anything.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Don't you think the Christmas board could be done away with now (as the default style)?
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

I'm writing a book that will be released next month. It's a christian/sci-fi/historical novel. Will you buy it (don't worry, it'll be cheap) and write a review for me on amazon.com? A truthful one, of course. :D

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

snubs wrote:Don't you think the Christmas board could be done away with now (as the default style)?
I second this thought.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Will you drop Henrik Sedin from your hockey team so Laura and I can pick him up? \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

snubs wrote:Don't you think the Christmas board could be done away with now (as the default style)?
Apparently some people just don't enjoy celebrating Christmas year-round on the ToO! :noway: I'll go see if I remember how to change the default, since Darcie changed it to the Christmas style and I always manage to forget. ;)
Movieman wrote:I'm writing a book that will be released next month. It's a christian/sci-fi/historical novel. Will you buy it (don't worry, it'll be cheap) and write a review for me on amazon.com? A truthful one, of course. :D
I should do that! I am ashamed to admit that I have oodles of books that I have not read yet (but have every intention of doing so in the not-too-distant future) O:) so no promises on how soon I get to that. :anxious:
Dr. Watson wrote:Will you drop Henrik Sedin from your hockey team so Laura and I can pick him up? \:D/
Yes, that sounds like a good idea to me. And maybe Daniel too - I can hardly tell those guys apart.

....Oh wait, just last night I managed to cheer Henrik and Daniel on to assisting on the OT winning goal. Keep dreaming, Dr. Watson. ;) (And to clarify, I was cheering for Henrik to score from the comforts of my home and refreshing nhl.com to see how successful I was, not cheering in person, though that would have been a lot more fun!)

Advice: Get Henrik Zetterberg instead. I had him (as well as Henrik Sedin) the year I won the hockey pool, and he had a hat trick just a couple days ago! Or Henrik Lundqvist - he's very handsome.