What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Woody wrote:I'm currently reading "Caught" by Margaret Peterson Haddix. It's book 5 in "The Missing", a series I've been reading lately
That's a great series! I've only gotten to book four (our library is quite slow on some things, and I'm quite busy), but what I read was great.
Woody wrote:And then, I will read "The Fellowship of the Ring" for the first time! :D
Interestingly enough, I'm also starting that book (but not for the first time).

I'm reading Never by J. Grace Pennington.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished A Tutor's Daughter by Julie Klassen, simply marvelous!! I highly recommend it as it keeps you turning the page. I have now started To Whisper Her Name by Tamera Alexander. It is the first book in her Belle Meade Plantation series/trilogy.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

The Help \:D/

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

Re reading the Homelander series. :D
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I'm currently reading the newest American Girl series about Caroline. \:D/ Yay for reading kids' books!
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I finished Mockingjay.
Musical Shutterbug wrote: At the end of Mockingjay, you get this feeling of,"wait, wait! What? This is a terrible resolution! Nooooo! How sad!" But then the realization comes...that the trilogy couldn't really have ended in any other way.
I now understand what you mean :) The part when
Prim died was so sad :(
From the beginning, I wanted Katniss to be with Peeta, but for Gale to remain her good friend, so it was sad that they apparently weren't friends anymore after the bomb episode.
All in all, I really enjoyed the trilogy and I'm glad I finally read it \:D/
Metal15
Tallying up

Post by Metal15 »

I finished reading the Brotherband Chronicles book 3.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Graces4you wrote:The Help \:D/
"The Help" has such an interesting storyline...I think that the book's plot was the only thing that enticed me to read it :p
Jesus' Princess wrote:I finished Mockingjay.
Musical Shutterbug wrote: At the end of Mockingjay, you get this feeling of,"wait, wait! What? This is a terrible resolution! Nooooo! How sad!" But then the realization comes...that the trilogy couldn't really have ended in any other way.
I now understand what you mean :) The part when
Prim died was so sad :(
From the beginning, I wanted Katniss to be with Peeta, but for Gale to remain her good friend, so it was sad that they apparently weren't friends anymore after the bomb episode.
All in all, I really enjoyed the trilogy and I'm glad I finally read it \:D/
And there's only 315 days left until Catching Fire! \:D/ I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed the series. Did you cry at all? ( *cough* I did. A lot.)
*insert provocative quote here*
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Musical Shutterbug wrote:And there's only 315 days left until Catching Fire! \:D/ I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed the series. Did you cry at all? ( *cough* I did. A lot.)
Oh yes, quite a bit actually. O:)
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

The Invisible Man
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
Tikvah
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Tikvah »

The adventures of Don Lavington
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished To Whisper Her Name, it was absolutely wonderful!! Up next for me is Love's Journey Home by Kelly Irvin. It is the third and final book in her The Bliss Creek Amish trilogy.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Finished off Maximum Ride. It start out good. But then it kept going and going and going.

Read The Wizard, the Witch, and Two Girls from Jersey. Which turned out good.

And then The Scorpio Races which was good.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Again \:D/

Till the end of the line.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

I'm in the middle of the second book in the Firstborn series, but Karen Kingsbury.
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Daniel X: Armageddon
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Love's Journey Home, it was excellent. I found out that there is going to be a spin off trilogy so I'm excited. I'm now reading The Captive Heart by Dale Cramer. It is the second book in his The Daughters of Caleb Bender trilogy.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

UNCLEBITTLES wrote:Daniel X: Armageddon
That's amazing. I just finished the exact same book.

Right now I'm working on The Medusa Plot, first book in the Cahills vs. Vespers series.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Astronomer wrote:Right now I'm working on The Medusa Plot, first book in the Cahills vs. Vespers series.
OOH!!! That's a good one! :mrgreen: Read the rest of the books too!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR DAY OF DOOM!!!! IT'S GONNA BE EPIC!!!
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

The Midwife by Jennifer Worth, - It's the Memoir that the PBS show Call the Midwife is based off of. I highly recommend it \:D/

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/