Family Portraits

Should they re-release it?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Should FotF re-release Family Portraits?

Yes! :yes:
86%
No! :noway:
7%
Maybe. :-k
7%

Total votes: 29

Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Well The Letter is at least included with disc 3 of Album 14.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Well The Letter is at least included with disc 3 of Album 14.
*Is amazed that people know that.* I must not be a big enough fan of AIO :(
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

I just have a scary good memory. It's on there because it's the disc with "Father's Day".
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
Leonard Meltsner wrote:Well The Letter is at least included with disc 3 of Album 14.
*Is amazed that people know that.* I must not be a big enough fan of AIO :(
I did not know that! Though I do wish 1) that they had made it so you could just buy the episodes individually and not have to buy the whole album, and 2) that they would at some point make a CD release. Download is okay, but I like something I can hold in my hand, and 3) Family Portraits is as much "odyssey" as any of the other episodes. I am grateful they did put it on iTunes since I also cannot download from CBD in Sweden. Down with CBD! If you are paying by credit card I do not see the problem. I have a US bank account and still cannot do it. Now I am lobbying for the re-release of the Officer Harley episodes!

Thank you Focus on the Family!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

You didn't hear this from me, but the "Harley Files" may not be far down the road.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:
You didn't hear this from me, but the "Harley Files" may not be far down the road.
You didn't hear this from me but he's right, you can replace the "may" with "are".
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Reddo wrote:
Leonard Meltsner wrote:
You didn't hear this from me but he's right, you can replace the "may" with "are".
Woohoo!

-- 27 Dec 2012 11:53 am --
Mrs Jason Whittaker wrote:CDs take up too much space in my house.
I understand and agree. I am in the process of putting all my CD´s in DJ boxes for storage. However, I do like knowing they are around in case of computer crash. I also like having something I can hold in my hand for my money. So, I would rather buy the CD and upload it myself to multiple devices rather than having to rely on my internet connection and ITunes account.

I have now listened to the first 4 and the "creation" special. As an adult listener, I think it would be interesting to have heard to whole Focus broadcast surrounding the episodes, but I guess that is too many licensing issues and probably not that interesting except to parents and other adult listeners. Looking forward to future surprises!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

^Yeah, with Dobson gone now from Focus maybe they didn't want to/couldn't include his intro stuff.

But yeah CDs are a dying format so this isn't surprising... especially on something that will have limited interest. Probably not worth the money to package, etc.

Focus COULD look into doing a burn-on-demand service, which DVD publishers have been doing as of late for less popular titles. Basically you order and they burn it just for you, print out an insert, and mail it away. Much more efficient than having warehouses full of CDs no one wants to buy.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

The Top Crusader wrote:^Yeah, with Dobson gone now from Focus maybe they didn't want to/couldn't include his intro stuff.

But yeah CDs are a dying format so this isn't surprising... especially on something that will have limited interest. Probably not worth the money to package, etc.

Focus COULD look into doing a burn-on-demand service, which DVD publishers have been doing as of late for less popular titles. Basically you order and they burn it just for you, print out an insert, and mail it away. Much more efficient than having warehouses full of CDs no one wants to buy.
all excellent ideas. I could go for that. I like having original artwork, but other than that, the inserts do not mean much to me. A nicely printed cover art and content list with professional quality CD's and I am happy. Slightly better quality than burning your own backups.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, as more and more stuff goes digital I could see something like that prolonging the lifespan of physical media, as less and less stuff is being purchased.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I heard on the "creation of Family Portraits" that Whit´s End was supposed to be bigger on the inside than on the outside. So now we have proof that Whit is a Time Lord! I knew it! It just explains so much.............
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

So let's see now:

-Whit seems to live forever and never age, considering he's now 90 (theoretically)
-Whit has had 3 different voices and 3 appearances over the years
-He has a machine which can travel through time, and the original design for it was like a phone booth
-Whit's End is bigger on the inside than out
-He cares more than it seems possible for others (almost like he has 2 hearts)

I think the conclusion is pretty obvious.
(So can we start referring to Hal, Paul and Andre as the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Doctors?)
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:So let's see now:

-Whit seems to live forever and never age, considering he's now 90 (theoretically)
-Whit has had 3 different voices and 3 appearances over the years
-He has a machine which can travel through time, and the original design for it was like a phone booth
-Whit's End is bigger on the inside than out
-He cares more than it seems possible for others (almost like he has 2 hearts)

I think the conclusion is pretty obvious.
(So can we start referring to Hal, Paul and Andre as the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Doctors?)
that is just brilliant! Back to the CD´s, I wish they had professional looking cover art you could download so that you could burn your own CD´s, print cover art and labels, and have them looking similar to the commercial packaging. Now that could be cool. I have the printmaster CD from AGES ago, but it does not work on my current computer. :-(
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

unfortunately, there is problems. A Member of the Family 1 and 2 is just In Memory of Herman repeated. And While Dad's Away is also IMOH.

but I am sooo happy and excited. I downloaded this last Friday as soon as I heard the news and put it on my itunes. I was hoping they would put it on itunes. I understand why no CDS. I am just soooo excited.

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Jimmy Barclay Fan wrote:unfortunately, there is problems. A Member of the Family 1 and 2 is just In Memory of Herman repeated. And While Dad's Away is also IMOH.

but I am sooo happy and excited. I downloaded this last Friday as soon as I heard the news and put it on my itunes. I was hoping they would put it on itunes. I understand why no CDS. I am just soooo excited.
I started listening to While Dad´s Away last night and thought it was odd, but fell asleep. I hope they make a way to fix that. A Member of the Family was repeated in the early albums, so that is no big deal. but I paid for Family portraits and I want the complete set. Is that too much to ask? Has anyone reported it to AIO?

-- 31 Dec 2012 04:11 pm --

I listened to the rest of my download last night and there are two problems. In Memory of Herman is also in the file named While Dad´s Away and A Member of the Family 1 and 2 is A Simple Addition..........I sent a facebook message to adventures in odyssey, but there is probably no one in today or tomorrow. Hopefully they come up with a solution that will not cost those of us more money who have already paid for the full download. A Member of the Family is not that big of a deal since it was later included, but I would like to have While Dad´s Away.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Btw, I made a mistake. A member of the Family is A Simple Addition instead.

I see me and someone else have reported on facebook, someone on itunes, Not sure if anyone has written or called or not

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I know they monitor the facebook page pretty well because I have gotten a response pretty quick that way before. I am sure they will work it out after everyone returns to work. Brock might have already seen it, just cannot do anything about it yet. I am slightly disappointed, but not worried.

Everyone have a safe and happy new year!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have called FOTF to report issues with albums (Radio Theater) and they do respond quickly. I have never called about downloads though as my issue was before downloads.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Laurie wrote:I have called FOTF to report issues with albums (Radio Theater) and they do respond quickly. I have never called about downloads though as my issue was before downloads.
This new technology does provide questions about how to fix problems..........free downloads for those that can prove they purchased the album? will be interesting to see the solution.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

jennifertwt wrote:
Laurie wrote:I have called FOTF to report issues with albums (Radio Theater) and they do respond quickly. I have never called about downloads though as my issue was before downloads.
This new technology does provide questions about how to fix problems..........free downloads for those that can prove they purchased the album? will be interesting to see the solution.
I'm just glad I have not downloaded it.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln