Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

So today I found 2 moldy sandwiches in my backpack from tech week of the show I was in a month ago..... I have decided that I am not allowed to put perishable food items in my backpack.

I am also creating a synthesized chart with all my information for my speech. Thank goodness for my second semester English teacher who's tips on speech writing I am now using

It's also Madrigal dinner Tech week.. :thud: and this is how I feel right now.......
Being tech directer does have it's downside

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Graces4you wrote:So today I found 2 moldy sandwiches in my backpack from tech week of the show I was in a month ago..... I have decided that I am not allowed to put perishable food items in my backpack.
That's the worst kind of discovery...

What exactly does the tech director do?
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Naw, the worst is a couple dead animals in your backpack.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
King Herod
Just visiting

Post by King Herod »

DanP740 wrote:Naw, the worst is a couple dead animals in your backpack.
Please don't tell me you've actually experienced this before...
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Please don't tell me you've ordered the execution of thousands of two-year-olds.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
King Herod
Just visiting

Post by King Herod »

DanP740 wrote:Please don't tell me you've ordered the execution of thousands of two-year-olds.
Who? Me? Nahhh...I'm an angel. O:) I'm not against killing eighteen year olds, though...
Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
Graces4you wrote:So today I found 2 moldy sandwiches in my backpack from tech week of the show I was in a month ago..... I have decided that I am not allowed to put perishable food items in my backpack.
That's the worst kind of discovery...

What exactly does the tech director do?
I basically am in charge of getting a lot of the behind the scenes stuff ready, like making the star wire crowns and Kiss roses that we sell are finished, creating props, ironing the billion flags that we have to put up, with the help of various music students
I also have all the maps to the set up of the stage and the cafeteria and the flag design
It's pretty fun for the most part, but it comes with a mind of it's own ;)
DanP740 wrote:Naw, the worst is a couple dead animals in your backpack.
That's true, Glad that didn't happen to me \:D/

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Graces4you wrote:Kiss roses that we sell
You're going to kiss roses? O_O
*insert provocative quote here*
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Probably in hopes that guy will later kiss the rose, and then she will have kissed him. That's according to Klepfer's Law.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

We've had company the past couple of days, and last night we all went to a Christmas concert together. \:D/ It was all music from the 15, 16, and 1700s...so mostly in different languages although they provided the translation. It was nice! The choral group really harmonized well together.

Tonight we're having company for supper who we have never met! \:D/ They just emailed us this week and want to come by and meet us. Heh. Should be interesting...
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:
Graces4you wrote:Kiss roses that we sell
You're going to kiss roses? O_O
:lol: this brought A giant smile on my face \:D/
They're Chocolate Kiss Roses made with bamboo floral sticks, colored wrap and floral tape \:D/

King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

My two adopted brothers got home tonight. :mrgreen: (along with my parents who have been in Ukraine for two months working through the process) Very exciting! :yes: I look forward to getting to know them. (even though they don't speak that much English yet) Pictures soon to come. (well... maybe :anxious: - I didn't actually take any myself ;) )
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

That's so exciting KBT! :)
I'm super excited because I get to go home on Tuesday afternoon! I can't wait to be home again. I can't wait for Christmas. I'm just so excited. I just have to survive my final exam on Monday and then I get to go home (I mean, I will have to study for my other final while I'm at home, but I won't have to cook or anything so I'm excited!). I can't wait to go home.
I finished my last assignment tonight so now I have nothing to procrastinate doing... :( I mean, other than studying, but I don't really like studying. I just like understanding concepts and I understand pretty much everything I need to for my final on Monday.
My friend introduced me to the show Castle this semester and now I'm addicted to it. I have to watch 55 episodes of it before I'm caught up... :( Monday after my final I'm going to watch as much as possible before I go home. I always have this problem. I just like completing things. (This is going to be like me watching Criminal Minds during finals week last semester...)
I went shopping with my friend yesterday and got everything at 50% off or better. The deals I got were way better than the ones that I saw on Black Friday. I actually didn't buy any clothes for myself on Black Friday, but yesterday I got a bunch of stuff that people will probably end up giving me for Christmas.
I'm so excited to go home and not have to be an adult.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Hadassah wrote:I'm so excited to go home and not have to be an adult.
YES.

Plus I get to spend all my mom's money and make a ton of cookies.
Last edited by Termite on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I want finals to be done....but they aren't yet, so I must persevere.

When I get home, I get to join my sister and invited guests for a Pride and Prejudice marathon (5 hour version) :)
Not to mention seeing the Hobbit \:D/

Till the end of the line.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Talking to my cousin Leslie tonight was so helpful and reassuring as always. She always makes me feel better. I wish my mother was here to talk to but she isn't so Leslie is a wonderful substitute. I honestly don't know what I would do if I did not have her to talk to.
Last edited by Laurie on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I'm finally done with this semester \:D/

Unfortunately, not all of my finals went very well :( but at least it's over. I'm confident I'll do really well in at least 2 of them, the other two....not so much. However, I get to go home tomorrow and start Christmas break! :D

Till the end of the line.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

GUYS. IT'S WARM HERE.

AT 40 DEGREES.

Which is way, way better than 25, trust me.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Termite wrote:GUYS. IT'S WARM HERE.

AT 40 DEGREES.

Which is way, way better than 25, trust me.

It's 28°right now where I am. It's supposed to hit 47° today.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Metal15
Tallying up

Post by Metal15 »

well, I got a job working as an apprentice on hardwood floors and stuff.