I WANT MY MONEY BACK PLEASE!!!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Re: Week of Craziness recap

Post by SoccerLOTR »

What on earth?! How did all this fun happen in the 2 months I was gone?! :'( I missed it all. {sigh} And I lost my money without even being here to defend it. Not nice people!!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

In that week of craziness somebody stole around $700 of my money!!! I didn't even do anything. And now I actually need this money so I can give money to a team in the election. Do I get my money back? PLEASE!!! It's not nice to steal money.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Everyone that wants their money back should have it by now, there is a need for it. By holding up like this for no reason Jelly could greatly impact the election.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

SoccerLOTR wrote:What on earth?! How did all this fun happen in the 2 months I was gone?! :'( I missed it all. {sigh} And I lost my money without even being here to defend it. Not nice people!!
Talk to bookworm about your money.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I got my money back so now I'm happy. :)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

bookworm wrote:Everyone that wants their money back should have it by now, there is a need for it. By holding up like this for no reason Jelly could greatly impact the election.
Or you could solve it by donating your bucket loads of cash :p
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

snubs wrote:Talk to bookworm about your money.
No, talk to Jelly about your money. Unless that one specifically was me.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Marvin D. wrote:Or you could solve it by donating your bucket loads of cash :p
That wouldn’t be getting theirs back; this is mine.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Or Jelly. Either way, people should be compensated.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

How bookworm and Arkan managed to rob practically EVERYONE is beyond me. O_o

I'll go compensate some people. Although I'm not exactly happy about the fact that there's now going to be extra money in circulation right during the election season.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

bookworm wrote:By holding up like this for no reason Jelly could greatly impact the election.
In contrast: Manually dumping excess amounts of money into circulation would greatly impact the election in the wrong way. Now is not exactly the ideal time to manage inflation.

Bookworm, I don't know how much of that is really yours or how much you stole, but I do know that you are responsible for many of the robberies that took place. Since there's unfortunately no way to track the robberies, we're left to wonder where all the money went, and all fingers undoubtedly point to you and Arkan.
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Bookworm had around $18,000 (give or take) before the arc.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Jelly wrote:I'm not exactly happy about the fact that there's now going to be extra money in circulation right during the election season.
But it’s not extra, it’s theirs. That’s the point.
Arkán robbed the people, then Dern robbed Arkán. Dern sent the money to you, and as is typical with election money it was disposed of. Originally that would have been fine because it was all extra Arc money, but after the confusion a chunk of it wasn’t. That part still belongs to the victims, for compensation sake, and the leftover from that is the extra Arc money that gets dumped.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Jelly wrote:In contrast: Manually dumping excess amounts of money into circulation would greatly impact the election in the wrong way.
That’s true, but as I explained here, that isn’t the case. There is no extra money, it’s all the same amount just being returned to the original holders.
Jelly wrote:I don't know how much of that is really yours or how much you stole, but I do know that you are responsible for many of the robberies that took place.
That is correct, I robbed roughly $12,000 (more actually, but I have since returned some) however it was intentionally taken from inactive people. If anyone has requested it back, I have complied. That money is not the issue here.
Arkán’s robberies on the other hand need to be refunded to the original holders. That has nothing to do with me, all that money was passed on to you through Dern, and that is why we’ve been directing those ones to you. Because you have it. Or did before it was dumped.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

Jelly wrote:all fingers undoubtedly point to you and Arkan.
Arkán. If you are going to insult me do it properly. In fact, Jellylegs, call me Mr. Dreamwalker.
If it was hacking it would have been theft. As it was with the robbery option instituted by the Admins, it was legal. I was robbed but I'm complaining.I had $700- something before the story arc.
~ Walker in Dreams
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That’s a good point that would probably get overlooked in all this, since you were temporarily mega-rich. Your money wasn’t set to one million was it? You had one million added to what you already had. So when all is said and done, you should be back at that number just like everyone else.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

bookworm wrote:
Jelly wrote:I'm not exactly happy about the fact that there's now going to be extra money in circulation right during the election season.
But it’s not extra, it’s theirs. That’s the point.
Arkán robbed the people, then Dern robbed Arkán. Dern sent the money to you, and as is typical with election money it was disposed of. Originally that would have been fine because it was all extra Arc money, but after the confusion a chunk of it wasn’t. That part still belongs to the victims, for compensation sake, and the leftover from that is the extra Arc money that gets dumped.
I understand where you're coming from, but that's now how it happened. $1,000,000 was dropped into circulation at the beginning of the arc, and $1,000,000 was taken out at the end. The economy remained balanced. The question is, what did Arkan do with the funds he was initially entrusted with? In your recap, you admit that he "generously started sharing his wealth with the other members." Ergo, the responsibility remains with you guys.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I understand where you’re coming from too, but you’re missing something right here:
Jelly wrote:$1,000,000 was dropped into circulation at the beginning of the arc, and $1,000,000 was taken out at the end.
But it wasn’t the same million. It wasn’t all the ‘extra’ money you gave him just for Arc purposes. If it was, then yes it would have been dropped in and taken back out without incident. But a portion of it was traded for items from the Shop, which was why he robbed anyone in the first place to make the gap back up. So that gap was what was passed on to you and is now being asked back. The rest was indeed extra and should not be returned, but that gap needs to be.
Jelly wrote:In your recap, you admit that he "generously started sharing his wealth with the other members." Ergo, the responsibility remains with you guys.
That doesn’t make sense. The correct conclusion would be ‘He shared with others, ergo the responsibility is on those others’ because that’s where the money went. (This shouldn’t be hard to understand, just follow the money. See where it is now, and where it should be.) But to my knowledge, most if not all of the people he shared with sent it back to him when they found it was needed, so that portion has been taken care of as well.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I wasn't aware that Mr. Dreamwalker used his money on the shop. :( Your argument makes a lot more sense now.

Is it possible to determine how much was spent on the shop, and then reverse those transactions? Because my understanding had been that the gap was created in the first place by giving the money away to different people, and then restored by taking money back from different people.. meaning the same amount of money remained in circulation, only in different hands. I believe that's still the case, to at least some extent. As far as the money that was apparently spent on the shop, you're right; that should definitely be restored to circulation.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

You could look at his inventory. I think he bought every item in the shop...
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!