Voting and such

I'm polling you all

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Vote for however many statements apply to you.

I am too young to vote. :(
28%
I am old enough to vote, but am not registered
5%
I am registered and vote occasionally
7%
I am registered and vote in every election possible
33%
I have been involved in political campaigns in some way
14%
The only time I've ever had anything to do with a campaign is to listen to robo-calls
7%
I have volunteered or would consider doing so at my local polling place
7%

Total votes: 43

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:
Laurie wrote:Illinois always goes blue because of Chicago so Illinois went blue. Also the fact that Obama is from Illinois probably had everything to do with it too.
Because since Bush is from Texas, Texas only went red in 2000 and 2004 for Bush and went blue in 2008 and 2012 because Bush wasn't running. 8-)
Texas went red yesterday :-
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

My city (Jackson, Michigan) is the birthplace of the Republican party but we're actually a swing county. We have a lot of red-blooded American retirees who are staunch conservatives and then we have a lot of people who get excited over Obamaphones. :anxious: In this election, 52% of my county voted for Romney. In fact, if you look at it, a large majority of Michigan counties leaned Republican, with the populous exceptions of Detroit, Flint and Lansing (basically all the cities with massive budget deficits ;)).

Now the burden of results is completely on Obama. He's made an insane amount of promises and now it's his chance to act on them. Unless he can turn the economy around, it's likely that the 2016 election is already decided.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

American Eagle wrote:Unless he can turn the economy around, it's likely that the 2016 election is already decided.
That’s what they said about this one...
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

And in the meantime, that shriveling sound you hear is small businesses dying. \:D/
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

bookworm wrote:
American Eagle wrote:Unless he can turn the economy around, it's likely that the 2016 election is already decided.
Well in his campaign speeches, he kept saying that in 2008 he had a plan for change, but 4 years just wasn't enough time to change things, he needed 4 more years. Well, he's gotten his chance to prove it
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
bookworm wrote:
Well in his campaign speeches, he kept saying that in 2008 he had a plan for change, but 4 years just wasn't enough time to change things, he needed 4 more years. Well, he's gotten his chance to prove it
Let's hope he actually makes things better. From where I sit he's only made things worse.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Laurie wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:
bookworm wrote:
Let's hope he actually makes things better. From where I sit he's only made things worse.
Oh I know, and I'm skeptical, but God is in control :)
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Laurie wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:
bookworm wrote:
It's because the economy was on the verge of collapse, Laurie. :shame: (paraphrasing from Obama)

*sarcasm alert*
Last edited by snubs on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

snubs wrote:
Laurie wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:
bookworm wrote:
It's because the economy was on the verge of collapse, Laurie. :shame: (paraphrasing from Obama)
Was? From where I sit it still is and getting worse every day.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Laurie wrote:
snubs wrote:
Laurie wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:
bookworm wrote:
Was? From where I sit it still is and getting worse every day.
I agree and disagree. For me, I feel like the economy has been at this horrible standstill for a while now. But of course, I can definitely see it getting worse.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |