A pattern I noticed in the first 5 episodes of Album 21

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

A pattern I noticed in the first 5 episodes of Album 21

Post by Woody »

Has anyone else ever noticed this? There's a pattern in the first five episodes of Album 21: Wish You Were Here! The pattern is:
First-Hand Experience
Second Thoughts
Third Degree
It Happened at Four Corners
Fifth House on the Left
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Yeah, I've noticed that before. But good observation! =)
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Apparently after Fifth house on the left part 2 aired Paul though of a better name for it "Six on the Richter Scale"
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

That's why when Connie and Joanne went on their road trip, they got a common episode title as well; colours.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Reddo wrote:Apparently after Fifth house on the left part 2 aired Paul though of a better name for it "Six on the Richter Scale"
Hey, that would have been a great title! Thanks for sharing that info, Reddo. Oh well. Hindsight is 20/20, right? ;)
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Hindsight is 521, actually.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Yeah, they did that on purpose. I read that in the Official Guide I think.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Hindsight is 521, actually.
:lol: That took me a second. Nice one, Leonard! :highfive:

Yes, the number titles were definitely done on purpose, but it is a great way to tie a little series of episodes like that together.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I remember making this discovery in the first half of the 1990's. \:D/
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Catspaw wrote:
Reddo wrote:Apparently after Fifth house on the left part 2 aired Paul though of a better name for it "Six on the Richter Scale"
Hey, that would have been a great title! Thanks for sharing that info, Reddo. Oh well. Hindsight is 20/20, right? ;)
I was always disappointed that they did not continue that through the whole album. I love symmetry.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
CreativeThinker101
Fourscore and seven

Post by CreativeThinker101 »

It was just for Eugene and Bernard's road trip. Connie and Joanne's road trip does the same thing with colors.

Seeing Red
Black Clouds
Silver Lining
Pink Is Not My Color
Something Blue
Living in the Gray
Signed,
CreativeThinker101
And Check out my AIO website! Here's a link: http://www.justanotheraioblog.blogspot.com/ Please comment on it! Because if you don't, I'm gonna call the exterminator!
THANK YOU
(P.S. What an interesting and fun website.)
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

These were the first six episodes I ever listened to.

Yeah, I noticed. Makes sense to me.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Woah, CT, you're back?
Yeah, I knew this every since I got the Official Guide, but good for you for discovering it on your own, Woody!