Autumn!

Aaah.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Autumn!

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I love this time of year! \:D/ The past few days have been quite chilly, with highs in the 40s. It has really seemed like fall, with that little nip in the air and smell of smoke. Some trees are turning beautiful colors, but it's not the peak time around here quite yet.
Over the weekend, my sister and granny had a booth at a nearby craft show, and it was the perfect fall day:

Who else loves this time of year? Any pictures to share? :D
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

It went from 80 to 40 practically overnight.

We had like two days where it was in the 60s with a slight breeze. Now THAT'S fall.

It's been 40s with 17 mph wind the past few days. I HAD TO PUT MY HEAT ON. IN OCTOBER.

Needless to say, I'm going to keep it as low as possible until it really starts dropping... I don't need a high electrical bill. :P It hasn't started smelling like fall yet; I'm now living on a main road so there aren't any houses around here that will be burning wood... :( The leaves have kinda sorted begun to change, but you can't really tell.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I've been running the furnaces for a couple of weeks now. Today it was in the 60s, tomorrow it's back to 50s. The trees in my area are absolutely beautiful.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
ique
Found

Post by ique »

I love Autumn. We've had a much longer Autumn than we usually do. There was one night when it spontaneously starting snowing on only one side of town (mine) and I woke up to snow-covered roofs, but it melted over the next couple of days. The temperature has been really unpredictable and there's been a lot of rain. Some days it's a lovely 40-50° day and others it's near freezing. I don't really have good shoes to wear because my rainboots aren't warm and my other boots aren't water proof. =( it's time for me to buy some new, functional winter boots...
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I made a fall cake today for National Cake Decorating Day. \:D/

The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Whoa! That cake is awesome Laura \:D/

Autumn is definitely my favorite season! We don't have many trees, but the ones we do have are just around the corner from turning colors. The crispness is in the air that means winter is just around the corner, and it's time for fires in the fireplace, and fresh apple cider.

Best time of year \:D/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Laura, absolutely beautiful cake. Wish I could reach into the picture and take a piece.:drool:
Last edited by Laurie on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

It's 27º F here and there's a bunch of snow on the ground!! It's so exciting. It's more like winter here than autumn haha.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Oh, it's so cold down here! I'm Canadian, so I've already had Thanksgiving. I went up to my aunt's place on Monday for it. My family, of course, stayed the latest. I had a short ride from the barn up a bit, and back. And I got to stay for nighttime chores. Yay!!! The tree across the road has turned bright red, as always. It's a really big tree, too.
Oh Laura, that cake is awesome!!!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Autumn is absolutely my favorite season. The weather is perfect for me.
I have seen the most iconic autumn scene ever, but tragically was not able to take a picture of it. I could only describe it in this post from last year. Words don’t do it justice though, it was truly the epitome of what you expect Autumn to be in your mind.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I love Autumn and am particularly jealous of where Laura and Dr. Watson live at this time of year. ;) I spent most of October last year in Virginia and Maryland and it was BEAUTIFUL.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Joy wrote:Oh, it's so cold down here! I'm Canadian, so I've already had Thanksgiving. I went up to my aunt's place on Monday for it. My family, of course, stayed the latest. I had a short ride from the barn up a bit, and back. And I got to stay for nighttime chores. Yay!!! The tree across the road has turned bright red, as always. It's a really big tree, too.
Oh Laura, that cake is awesome!!!
I'm Canadian too, but where I live we seem to have gone straight from summer into winter without a long fall. Our fall lasted like 2 weeks haha.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I always know that it's really fall when Laura posts about her favourite season. \:D/
Laurie wrote:Laura, absolutely beautiful cake. Wish I could reach into the picture and take a piece.:drool:
Save one for me! Wow, Laura, I am always amazed at your talent. :D

I was seeing some beautiful leaves on my way to work a few weeks ago, but I never stopped to take a picture, and a combination of cold weather and wind has made it less beautiful recently. :( Oh well.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Catspaw wrote:I always know that it's really fall when Laura posts about her favourite season. \:D/
Hey, it's a tradition - plus this dead forum could use some new topics. :P
Catspaw wrote:
Laurie wrote:Laura, absolutely beautiful cake. Wish I could reach into the picture and take a piece.:drool:
Save one for me! Wow, Laura, I am always amazed at your talent. :D
Thanks! :D It was a lot of fun to make. :yes:
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

It's started raining where I live. I understand that in most of the united states area nature has basically skipped fall. Fall isn't so noticeable here. We mostly have Evergreen trees, so it doesn't bring such a difference. Summer is the happening time around here, people go to the beach, walk in the Redwoods, and all. Summer is probably my favorite season too. Although Autumn can be good.
~ Walker in Dreams
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

So where are you, Arkan? Europe? :-k
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

That cake looks really good. :wacky:
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Laura Ingalls wrote:So where are you, Arkan? Europe? :-k
Possibly Northern California? :-k
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

There's a very large maple tree across the street from our church, which normally turns a very pretty red color. I guess I always considered fall to be "officially" here when the tree started changing colors. But I don't know if it will change this year... :(

Laura, your cake looks absolutely amazing! If we ever come visit you, you'll have to teach me how to decorate cakes! ;)
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:So where are you, Arkan? Europe? :-k
Possibly Northern California? :-k
Let me put it this way. I race in the NorCal Mountain Bike Legue.
And yes it is a magnificent cake.
~ Walker in Dreams