US Election 2012 Discussion Topic

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

I cast my fake internet ballot for:

President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden
21%
Governor Willard Mitt Romney and Congressman Paul Ryan
33%
Governor Gary Johnson and whoever he is running with
7%
I tried to vote for Al Gore, but the butterfly ballot confused me and I voted for Pat Buchanan
No votes
Dementia-addled Clint Eastwood
2%
Random third party person no one else cares about
2%
RON PAUL AND AYN RAND!!!!!!
9%
Ross Perot and Admiral Stockdale
No votes
An Ewok and Admiral Ackbar
14%
Top & EB
12%

Total votes: 43

Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Baragon wrote:Loved this by Rand Paul: "Republicans must acknowledge that not every dollar spent on the military is necessary or well spent"
And then he tells us to vote for someone whos plans to dramatically increase military spending... :anxious:
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

fiddlergirlsusy wrote:I liked Ron Paul, except for his foreign policy, and that's one of the main things I'm concerned about. I don't like either of the two current candidates, but I'm going for Romney only because I feel he is better than Obama. Donald Duck would make a better candidate than either of them! ;)
LOL, that is one of the things that is best about Ron Paul! It's the philosophy that served our country well for 200 years.
darcie wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Anyway, a little more on topic... Bill Clinton is doing a good job with his speech at the DNC as I type... seriously if he was the typical democrat politician I would give a lot more thought to their party... he's pretty reasonable. I remember thinking he was THE EVILEST LIBERAL PRESIDENT EVER when he was in office but now he seems a pretty chill moderate dude basically.
Now that he hasn't been the president for awhile, I think everyone can look back retrospectively and concede that he did a pretty good job. Plus, his presidency was right before/when everyone started getting so super extremist, so he's such a middle of the road guy as compared to how today's politicians are forced to be.
BAHAHAHAHAHA...Agreed!! After the last 12 years he suddenly doesn't seem so bad...
Aeva wrote:I intended to watch the speeches, and then I forgot. :(

Anyway, this picture that I saw on Facebook sums up politics perfectly. \:D/

LOL...this made my day! =D>
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Clint Eastwood made the speech up on the fly. no teleprompter.

just had to say that.

and Biden's speech was the number 1 most watched of them all. Probably to watch him shove is foot in his mouth or mess up or something.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

In light of all of the recent hulabaloo, I'm just going to say that I think Romney should just stop talking. Like...ever. He just keeps saying really dumb things which obviously people are going to latch onto. He's basically winning the election for Obama. >.>
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Kait wrote:In light of all of the recent hulabaloo, I'm just going to say that I think Romney should just stop talking. Like...ever. He just keeps saying really dumb things which obviously people are going to latch onto. He's basically winning the election for Obama. >.>

^I agree. He's almost as bad as Biden when it comes to saying stupid things.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

To which ‘recent hulabaloo’ are you referring?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

bookworm wrote:To which ‘recent hulabaloo’ are you referring?
Libya would be my guess.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Pick any recent day, and then there's probably something ridiculous Romney has said. The thing about airplane widows was a real winner. \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

darcie wrote:Pick any recent day, and then there's probably something ridiculous Romney has said. The thing about airplane widows was a real winner. \:D/
HOW DARE he make a stupid joke! :protest:

And Obama says dumb stuff constantly that no one except Fox & Friends reports on.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Was it a joke? It didn't sound like it to me when he said it was a "real problem." :anxious:
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

darcie wrote:Pick any recent day, and then there's probably something ridiculous Romney has said. The thing about airplane widows was a real winner. \:D/

Basically anything he's said ever.

The airplanes. The Libya thing. The borrow money from your parents for school thing.

And Obama says stupid stuff but not nearly as much stupid stuff as Romney. >.>
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

darcie wrote:Was it a joke? It didn't sound like it to me when he said it was a "real problem." :anxious:
Uh, yeah, the guy is a Mormon, not a moron. He only makes stupid jokes no one understands because he's really stiff and stale and finds normal humor difficult to grasp. ;)

LOL @ when Obama didn't know what the debt was when he took office. And lol at dead diplomats being "bumps in the road." And lol at him saying he wants to export more jobs. And lol to when he called Hawaii part of Asia. And lol at his random attribution of who built the Intercontinental Railroad. And lol at him claiming his father had an American flag draped over his coffin even though he wasn't an American and wasn't really fold of the place. And lol at "The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries." And lol at him thinking Truman said "The buck stops with you" instead of with him. And lol at him mocking the special olympics.

And lol at Joe Biden in general, and especially this alleged tape of him that may not be him but should be.

But yes, the real problem is Romney poorly attempting to make a joke and throwing out a bad number with the 47% at a private fundraiser that should be the soul determination of the votes of the nation.

The borrowing money thing was kind of stupid but I'm not sure why neither side will just admit college expenses are stupidly overpriced--people shouldn't have to borrow a lot from either from bank or family to get an education if costs weren't artificially inflated. I don't recall Mittster saying anything particularly stupid about Libya, the Obama administration has been handling the stupid statements on that and really cornered the market with their "it was because of the funny youtube video!" "It was a terrorist attack independent of a youtube video!" "It was because of a youtube video!" "It wasn't!" "Let's put out ads apologizing for a video we didn't make!" "Hey did you see that ambassador asked for extra security a couple weeks before the attack? lol", but maybe I missed something between all that.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

darcie wrote:Was it a joke? It didn't sound like it to me when he said it was a "real problem." :anxious:
Of course it was a joke, are you serious?
He just has a very dry delivery that makes it easy for people who already want to make him look dumb to run with things as if he means them.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I really, actually, seriously did not know it was meant as a joke. Apparently the man hasn't spent enough time in Canada or with people of Canadian descent to have developed a sense of humor befitting to mine own. \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I feel for him in regard to his humor, because I act dumb and obnoxious on here, but if I'm out in the real world and try to be funny, I have terribly dry delivery and no one laughs and just thinks that I have weird opinions. >_> After working for him for almost a dozen years I've only recently been able to get my boss to laugh at my stupid jokes. >_>
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Who's going to be watching the debate tonight? \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I am \:D/
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I thought Romney's closing was good. \:D/
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY