What is the last movie you saw?

post it

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The Lion King
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Tinkerbell. I watched it with a little girl I babysat :D
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

The Dark Knight Rises, finally! \:D/
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

What did you think Top?
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Yes, Top, we are waiting anxiously to hear your esteemed opinion.

Till the end of the line.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I looked for the TDKR thread and can't find it. >_>
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Here it is, Top ;)

Well, I have now completed the Lord of the Rings trilogy \:D/ Those films are simply masterpieces :inlove: I cried four times during Return of the King, which I found to be slightly amusing because I already knew the outcome of everything from having read the series :p
*insert provocative quote here*
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Flywheel, for the first time! The photography was amateurish but had a great story.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:Here it is, Top ;)

Well, I have now completed the Lord of the Rings trilogy \:D/ Those films are simply masterpieces :inlove: I cried four times during Return of the King, which I found to be slightly amusing because I already knew the outcome of everything from having read the series :p
We just finished watching the Extended Version of Return of the King. \:D/ Twas really good, but long :- (mind you, it had been awhile since watching the last two, so we didn't watch the whole trilogy)

Till the end of the line.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Musical Shutterbug wrote: Well, I have now completed the Lord of the Rings trilogy \:D/ Those films are simply masterpieces :inlove: I cried four times during Return of the King, which I found to be slightly amusing because I already knew the outcome of everything from having read the series :p
Extended, \:D/ or theatrical?

Macgyver, season two I think. And then it's probably like episode eight or twelve. Not sure. Duct tape and Chocolate. \:D/
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Musical Shutterbug wrote:Here it is, Top ;)
Yeah, I found that shortly after I posted, I have no idea how I was missing it to begin with. >_> I was like looking all the way to page 4 and couldn't find it. It's not like AE set up a database for quick references to specific movies or anything. >_>

I watched like... a minute of The Expendables 2 last night. I intend to finish it... just didn't have much time.

And I tested my copy of Avengers, pretty awesome. I don't feel bad acquiring it early since I saw it in theaters and have pre-ordered the $140 boxset. >_>
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

The Top Crusader wrote:and have pre-ordered the $140 boxset. >_>
O.O Is that how much they're charging for all of them together? Darn. :(
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well that's a lot for all the movies, but it comes with a cosmic cube and in a shiny briefcase. >_>
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Knight Fisher wrote:
Musical Shutterbug wrote: Well, I have now completed the Lord of the Rings trilogy \:D/ Those films are simply masterpieces :inlove: I cried four times during Return of the King, which I found to be slightly amusing because I already knew the outcome of everything from having read the series :p
Extended, \:D/ or theatrical?
Oh, theatrical :p I did NOT have the patience to sit through an extra two hours that evening. But I will get around to watching the extended versions are some point.

Really, I just wanted to finish all three before The Hobbit in December \:D/ (which I REFUSE to see in theaters in order to protest PJ's ridiculous decision to create three films out of one book :x ).
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Aw, I'm excited about the three film thing. To me, it means that there will be more time in Middle Earth, and I will savor every second. I've been waiting for these films a looooong time! There's also going to be more depth to them because of the additional film. We might actually be able to tell each dwarf apart by the end, lol. But more importantly, it will be a much more fleshed out film trilogy than it would be with one or two films.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

I'm definitely excited to see the films, but I'm not willing to invest $30 (or more!) in tickets :p
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

I watched Ice Age 4 (which was one of the better ones in the quartet) and before that was Superman: The Movie.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:(which I REFUSE to see in theaters in order to protest PJ's ridiculous decision to create three films out of one book :x ).
Not just out of the book; the third film is going to be from the LotR appendixes.... something I have ALWAYS wanted to see done. \:D/ The third one is also going to be shorter and about the Necromancer in Mirkwood, I do believe. Now THAT is going to be awesome.

And I'm going opening night if I can get a ride. :-

Sooo I just finished The Hunger Games for the second time. I liked it better, especially after understanding more tidbits from reading the book earlier today. I like "Rue's Song". I hate scenes with bugs. And I was slightly bothered by the fact they're tried to make Gale seem like this important love triangle person even though... who IS Gale? Seriously, nobody would know the extent of their relationship without reading the book first. Oh well.

TEAM PEETA.

...............I can't believe I just said that. >_>
Last edited by Termite on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Termite wrote:
Musical Shutterbug wrote:(which I REFUSE to see in theaters in order to protest PJ's ridiculous decision to create three films out of one book :x ).
Not just out of the book; the third film is going to be from the LotR appendixes.... something I have ALWAYS wanted to see done. \:D/ The third one is also going to be shorter and about the Necromancer in Mirkwood, I do believe. Now THAT is going to be awesome.
I would be more excited if they weren't trying to make so much money out of this ;)
Termite wrote:Sooo I just finished The Hunger Games for the second time. I liked it better, especially after understanding more tidbits from reading the book earlier today. I like "Rue's Song". I hate scenes with bugs. And I was slightly bothered by the fact they're tried to make Gale seem like this important love triangle person even though... who IS Gale? Seriously, nobody would know the extent of their relationship without reading the book first. Oh well.
They're trying to set up the romance factor for the next three films :shrugs: Personally, I liked the way that they did it except for when they interrupted the cave kiss to show Gale's face :roll: That completely ruined the moment for me.

AND THERE'S ONLY 454 DAYS UNTIL CATCHING FIRE! :panic: I'm so obsessed :p I've had a countdown for the second film on my wall ever since they announced the release date \:D/ And I cross off a date each day :inlove: We'll get there soon \:D/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Airplane! I can just about recite this movie verbatim I've seen it so many times but it is always fun to watch.
Last edited by Laurie on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln