All of Odyssey on a Thumbdrive

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
All of Odyssey on a Thumbdrive

Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

Just saw this article on odysseyscoop.com. I can't believe that all of them fit on one flash drive, but I guess 32 GB is bigger than the hard drive of our first laptop. The price doesn't quite add up to me though. If you buy all 56 albums on christianbook.com as hard copies, the cost would be under $900, but I guess they sell it at a discount price. The price per album is 17.85 which is still more than the 17.49 you pay for each mp3 album on christianbook.com. In my opinion, I would rather just download the ones I don't already own anyway, but maybe this will interest newer fans, who only own a few of the newest albums, or those who have to own every form of media on which Odyssey exists?
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I thinks it's pretty cool. But it's a lot of money to put out. Money I don't have. :(
Blessed Cheesemaker wrote:or those who have to own every form of media on which Odyssey exists?
Yes, I'm sure most hard care fans will buy it for that reason. *coughOdysseyFancough* I would buy it myself, but again, no money. And too much other AIO stuff I want to get.
Last edited by snubs on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I think the extreme price is because it's a thumb drive. Which does cost money.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Bren wrote:I think the extreme price is because it's a thumb drive. Which does cost money.
Yes, of course. They have to cover the cost of the flash drive.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I have albums 1-50 plus 55 and 2 episodes of 56 on an 8 GB flash drive. \:D/ I wonder how much it costs for just a blank Odyssey flash drive! \:D/
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Bren wrote:I think the extreme price is because it's a thumb drive. Which does cost money.
Not so much anymore actually, I just bought a 16gb flash drive that's the size of my pinky toe the other day for like 15 bucks. I'm sure that the cost of packaging and media for all of the albums would extend far beyond that.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This does kind of make me want an Odyssey flash drive. :anxious: I have a feeling that the phoning the bookstore thing mentioned in the link won't be too Canadian-friendly. :( I would only get the album 56 one, and I would still buy the CD set anyway, so maybe it's just as well that it isn't too accessible. ;)
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I know what you mean, Catspaw. I mean, I would love to have an Odyssey flash drive...but I don't want to pay the money for it. Though it would be nice to have all the albums on one USB. Talk about easy traveling. \:D/
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Catspaw wrote:This does kind of make me want an Odyssey flash drive. :anxious: I have a feeling that the phoning the bookstore thing mentioned in the link won't be too Canadian-friendly. :( I would only get the album 56 one, and I would still buy the CD set anyway, so maybe it's just as well that it isn't too accessible. ;)
Fear not Catspaw! I phoned the bookstore this morning and they do ship to Canada. It's $15 shipping to come to my front door in BC. I wish desperately that they would sell them empty, but they don't, so I bought the 56 one. However, I will NOT listen to those files, and will delete them on principle, as I am against the digital downloads coming out before the season airs. I will buy the hard copy, and put that on my computer, but I will not keep those files as a protest.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:
Catspaw wrote:This does kind of make me want an Odyssey flash drive. :anxious: I have a feeling that the phoning the bookstore thing mentioned in the link won't be too Canadian-friendly. :( I would only get the album 56 one, and I would still buy the CD set anyway, so maybe it's just as well that it isn't too accessible. ;)
Fear not Catspaw! I phoned the bookstore this morning and they do ship to Canada. It's $15 shipping to come to my front door in BC. I wish desperately that they would sell them empty, but they don't, so I bought the 56 one. However, I will NOT listen to those files, and will delete them on principle, as I am against the digital downloads coming out before the season airs. I will buy the hard copy, and put that on my computer, but I will not keep those files as a protest.
Yay! \:D/ I might have to succumb to the irresistible temptation of owning an AIO flash drive, then. ;) I would still buy the hard copy, and I want to listen in my car, where I can only listen to tapes or CD's, so I would probably wait for my album to listen anyway, but I don't know if I would delete the files. I'm more the kind of person who would keep them on there but never use them, or put them on my computer and never listen to them that way. ;)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Catspaw, get a new stereo in your car. >_>
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

They should like... give you a discount for literally buying EVERY SINGLE AIO ALBUM EVER... especially since its in digital form. $1000 is crazy, it shouldn't even be half that.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Yeah it's kind of a rip-off, digital copies should be less expensive because there's no cost in manufacturing the media after it's been produced. You just stick it on a thumbdrive or online or whatever.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah, I mean I think by now they have paid Hal Smith for his work on album 3, they could discount the older stuff pretty drastically, especially for digital copies.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I've always wondered why the digital downloads of albums cost more than ordering the CD's...?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Because NON-PROFIT BUSINESS FAIL.
CreativeThinker101
Fourscore and seven

Post by CreativeThinker101 »

snubs wrote:I've always wondered why the digital downloads of albums cost more than ordering the CD's...?
Interesting question. In most Christian book stores, Odyssey albums are $25, but online, they're $15. So really, in some cases, albums are a lot more expensive than downloading. But, in the case of Album 56 and all the other newer albums, it was available for download before the episodes aired, so they might price it a little higher.
Signed,
CreativeThinker101
And Check out my AIO website! Here's a link: http://www.justanotheraioblog.blogspot.com/ Please comment on it! Because if you don't, I'm gonna call the exterminator!
THANK YOU
(P.S. What an interesting and fun website.)
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

CreativeThinker101 wrote:
snubs wrote:I've always wondered why the digital downloads of albums cost more than ordering the CD's...?
Interesting question. In most Christian book stores, Odyssey albums are $25, but online, they're $15. So really, in some cases, albums are a lot more expensive than downloading. But, in the case of Album 56 and all the other newer albums, it was available for download before the episodes aired, so they might price it a little higher.
Well, I was talking about solely ordering the CD's online. For instance, Christianbook. Ordering the album on CD is $15.99, but the mp3 download is $17.49. However, that is not adding the shipping of the album, so maybe when the shipping is added it actually adds up to about $17.49. Though, that still doesn't make much sense to me. I mean, it's not like the mp3's need to be 'shipped'. :-k
Last edited by snubs on Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Although it would be fun to have the entire AIO collection on one thumb drive and be able to listen to it in my truck. If something happened to my CD copies I'd have the thumb drive. But $900 is out of my price range. Anyway I already have 1 through 55 on CD.
Last edited by Laurie on Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

The flash drives certainly are tempting (especially since I don't own a flash drive :oops: ) but I don't want to buy it with #56 on it. I think they'd make more profit selling them empty. The AIO logo would be enough to give any big fan a desire to get one.