I wrote a book!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

I wrote a book!

Post by Donna Blackbeard »

Well, I think this is where I am supposed to post this, but I've been gone for so long that I don't even know! Anyways... I WROTE A BOOK AND IT IS UP ON KINDLE!

Okay, I'm a little excited because this has been one of my dreams ever since I began writing cheesey little stories during middle school. Well, to be published, not to be up on Kindle. There was no Kindle then. That I know of.Well, I'm pretty sure. But I'm getting sorta off topic kinda sorta. (I'm still excited and hyper so it doesn't take much!!)

So the book is up for download for $2.99 right now, but I mayyyy be able to put it up for FREE once I figure that out.

But in the meantime, buy that e-book. Buy it twice or three times or four!

Please?

Well, here's the link!

http://www.amazon.com/Historys-Mysterie ... +mysteries
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Congratulations for your books. Josh needs to do that.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Cool, cool, I have a Kindle app on my phone and ipad (although I don't have an actual Kindle) so I'll try to check it out eventually.

What is the process of getting books on there? I've been thinking of giving it a shot. Is it as simple as uploading a Word document or do they actually vet you to some degree?
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

The Top Crusader wrote:Cool, cool, I have a Kindle app on my phone and ipad (although I don't have an actual Kindle) so I'll try to check it out eventually.

What is the process of getting books on there? I've been thinking of giving it a shot. Is it as simple as uploading a Word document or do they actually vet you to some degree?
It actually isn't very hard at all. Doesn't take a rocket scientist. Word documents work. It took me about twenty minutes to set it up and it took about five hours to go up.

I have it set to be free tomorrow.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

free tomorrow? I'll get it tomorrow then. If you get lots of positive feedback, and your book gets popular, it could eventually sell for actual money.
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Joy wrote:free tomorrow? I'll get it tomorrow then. If you get lots of positive feedback, and your book gets popular, it could eventually sell for actual money.
I will be selling it for actual money but I would have to sell an awful lot of books in order to be getting much from it. I only have it set at 35% of the price to be going to me. Meaning, I would have to get an awful lot of downloads to make anything.

In the next little while I will be typing up a series of mine to put up. I am looking forward to having more books up!
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Are they only available as e-books?
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Astronomer wrote:Are they only available as e-books?
Right now, yes. Next summer I am hoping to have it in print (along with some other novels I have written) \:D/

While the book is FREE, tomorrow and Thursday, I can send e-book in the Word format to whomever wants it. If anyone wants it. Just PM me your e-mail address.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Who are you going to get them published through? Or don't you know yet?
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Astronomer wrote:Who are you going to get them published through? Or don't you know yet?
I know I can publish it through myself, but I am going to set up some proposals with different publishers in the near future. It all depends on how busy college will be as to how much I will be able to do once september hits.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Congratulations! :) What an accomplishment. As a fellow writer, I know and understand how long/difficult a book writing process can be ;)
*insert provocative quote here*
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Do you have to pay kindle to have it up? My friend recently wrote a book, and I think it's really good. I'm trying to talk her in to publishing it, but this may be a good option for her. :)
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Jesus' Princess wrote:Do you have to pay kindle to have it up? My friend recently wrote a book, and I think it's really good. I'm trying to talk her in to publishing it, but this may be a good option for her. :)
It doesn't cost at all :)

Get her to go to https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/signin to begin. It is kinda a complicated thing at first but if you/you need help, I would love to be of a help to her or you with the process :)
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

That's great for you. Though, I think you could use some kind of cover for it. =]

My brother "published" his graphic novel as a kindle edition. You can buy it here >> B.A.N.E: Seeds of Corruption
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

snubs wrote:That's great for you. Though, I think you could use some kind of cover for it. =]

My brother "published" his graphic novel as a kindle edition. You can buy it here >> B.A.N.E: Seeds of Corruption

I have tried and tried to get a cover for it, but it just won't take my ideas as what they want...
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I might be able to help. Why don't you send me a PM?
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Donna Blackbeard wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:Do you have to pay kindle to have it up? My friend recently wrote a book, and I think it's really good. I'm trying to talk her in to publishing it, but this may be a good option for her. :)
It doesn't cost at all :)

Get her to go to https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/signin to begin. It is kinda a complicated thing at first but if you/you need help, I would love to be of a help to her or you with the process :)
Thanks for the link! I'll definitely pass it on :)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Woooo just downloaded it! \:D/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

You can Aldo use createspace.com and distribute it on the kindle. That worked out well.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

The Top Crusader wrote:Woooo just downloaded it! \:D/
Thanks so muc, Top!
Marvin D. wrote:You can Aldo use createspace.com and distribute it on the kindle. That worked out well.
I was looking that up. It just seems so... neutral, if you know what I mean.