A ToO Conspiracy!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

No, it was sent through Guerrilla Mail.
stingcameron
Popsicle kid

Post by stingcameron »

bookworm wrote:No, it was sent through Guerrilla Mail.

that's odd? (no reason) maybe if we all get on and try 100 different passwords it will only take us like 28 years to figure it out. Let's do it!
There is a ToO Conspiracy going on. Go to City Hall and read about it before it's deleted, and help discover the truth.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Joy wrote:Somehow, I suspect this is the start of the Dark Ages, but that's just me.
If it is, then somebody has some serious 'splaining to do :x
*insert provocative quote here*
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Stupid password is "The Top Crusader" :x

My poor brain :(
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Great work Marvin!

Information Page:
Login: Information
Password: The Top Crusader
If you are reading this, congratulations. You have been accepted into the elite group The Shadow Paws.

You probably already know why you are here, but I will provide an explanation anyway in case you wish to refresh your memory, and also for the benefit of members who may be accepted in the future when I am not around.

When I created the Town of Odyssey message board, I knew it was something special. I care for the community and the members that comprise it, so I wanted a way to make sure nothing bad happened to it or them. Elected administrators and appointed moderators was a start, but it wasn’t enough. There was no guarantee that the leaders would put the attention and care into the community that it deserved. And even if they did, they couldn’t be online all the time. I didn’t want problems to arise in the moments between supervision.

And so, I decided to create my own team of leaders. A secret team. One that would keep watch in the background to ensure things went smoothly. I created The Shadow Paws. They are the peacekeepers, the guardians. They are the hands, or paws if you will, guiding the community from the cover of the shadows to avoid any problems.

Their existence is secret, simply because there is no need for them to be known. They were formed for my own peace of mind, my knowing they are there is enough. The other members of the Town of Odyssey can go about their lives happily and without incident, and I can have the comfort of knowing the community I care about is being watched over by people who share my affection for it.

You have been chosen to become a Shadow Paw because you have demonstrated that you appreciate our message board community and want the best for it. I know you won’t let me down.

Keep the peace, and keep the secret.

-- Shadowpaw
But I’m confused now. The contact said the group was a bunch of evil overlords, but this sounds like just the opposite. I think it’s kind of nice Shadowpaw cared about us enough to want someone watching out for us. It certainly sounds benevolent to me, not diabolical at all.
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I really don' know what to make of this.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Sorry, I just have this thought after reading through this.

The previous password was "Shadowpaw", the former permanent admin of the ToO. Now the password is "The Top Crusader." What role, if any, does Catspaw serve in our Shadow government? If your contact is wrong, bookworm, we may find that it's not the Shadow Paws who are malicious...
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Monty wrote:Sorry, I just have this thought after reading through this.

The previous password was "Shadowpaw", the former permanent admin of the ToO. Now the password is "The Top Crusader." What role, if any, does Catspaw serve in our Shadow government? If your contact is wrong, bookworm, we may find that it's not the Shadow Paws who are malicious...
I think that I might resent the implications of this post. :-k Malicious is not a very nice word.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

It is a very malicious word, wouldn't you say?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

The ToO is now having its own WikiLeaks scandal? I guess bookworm is playing Julian Assanage. \:D/
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

bookworm is, was, and will always be the Julian Assanage of The ToO. 8-)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

Marvin D. wrote:Stupid password is "The Top Crusader" :x

My poor brain :(
DUDEE!!! I totally tried that without the spaces!! grrr... that makes me frustrated!! :(
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I’ve received another message from the secret contact:
Hello again.

I see you’ve managed to crack the password. Good work!
But that wasn’t what I expected you would find.
I understand your confusion, but you have to believe me. The group is bad. What Shadowpaw wrote was from another time. They were originally formed to do good, but they were corrupted. There should have been evidence of that on the webpage, I don’t understand.

There seems to be a part missing. When I was in the Paws, there was a discussion section where the members talked about things that were going on and what they were doing for the Town. I don’t know why it isn’t there now, but if it still exists you have to find it. That’s where you’ll find the truth.

I admire you and your allies for doing what I could not, standing up to these people face to face. I want you to succeed.
Please, don’t give up, and don’t be deceived.

-- a friend
What do you make of that?
stingcameron
Popsicle kid

Post by stingcameron »

Obviously the creator of the website put that there to fool anyone who cracked and hoped they will give up thinking that they were good and not *malicious*.
There is a ToO Conspiracy going on. Go to City Hall and read about it before it's deleted, and help discover the truth.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That could be. Or it could be the contact is correct and the group was once good but no longer is.
But either way, what do we do now? :-k
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

bookworm wrote:That could be. Or it could be the contact is correct and the group was once good but no longer is.
But either way, what do we do now? :-k
Find out where that discussion thingy is, of course, and try to get more help from the informant!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Oh sure, maybe there’s another page! Good thinking!
But how do we access it?
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

bookworm wrote:Oh sure, maybe there’s another page! Good thinking!
But how do we access it?
That's the problem. I searched the page, but there doesn't seem to be anything....My brother had the idea of inspecting the code, but I don't know what to look for!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

31899 and I already tried checking the code, there isn’t anything unusual in it.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

bookworm wrote:31899 and I already tried checking the code, there isn’t anything unusual in it.
Hm.....what to do, what to do. If there's any way you can contact the informant to ask for anymore details, do it. I'm mulling everything over in my head, and it's all a jumble.