More bad news for Facebook

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

More bad news for Facebook

Post by bookworm »

Facebook’s troubles keep coming.

When they finally started selling stock it was supposed to be the biggest thing to happen in business since forever. Not only did that endeavor fail miserably, with the stock continually losing value until it now sits at $12 under the original price, but they also face lawsuits for disclosure of reduced estimates before the trading.

Now on top of all that, an analyst says Facebook will disappear by 2020.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

At least its better than Myspace. \:D/

But yeah FB is hugely popular, I'm not sure how that would translate to stock, but I assumed it would translate... better than it has. I was bummed I couldn't buy any (you have to be part of some certain brokerage group or something), but at this rate it'd be better to see if it can bottom out more, anyway.

My stock in uranium mines and Tesla has been doing nothing but going down lately, I need a new company. :(
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I've heard Fastenal's done well.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:Now on top of all that, an analyst says Facebook will disappear by 2020.
This article has very little substance. Short version: Facebook isn't popular on mobile devices, and therefore it will fail by [insert random date to shock readers].

Do I think Facebook is worth its IPO? No, surely not. But its developers have shown a resiliency and ability to change with the times. Users have complained due to the (yearly?) redesigns, but these updates have always been progressive. I think they will find a way to get phones/tablets on board with an awesome app, and creative monetization will occur.

This is assuming that the playing field stays as it is. If Google can get its Glass project going, it's all over for Facebook. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
stingcameron
Popsicle kid

Post by stingcameron »

I think that Facebook will stay around for a long time just because Blogger did and Facebook is 30x bigger than Blogger. I say it will last for a good 30 to 40 years, but that just me. With the way they keep updating it, it will be incredibly different from the original but it will still be Facebook. I mean, really, what's the last FREE social network that went over 500 million user in a couple years and will be over a billion soon( if it's not already). It's too huge to disappear! Duh!! Someone please make sense out of this non - sensical paragraph written for, really, no reason. =D>
There is a ToO Conspiracy going on. Go to City Hall and read about it before it's deleted, and help discover the truth.
CreativeThinker101
Fourscore and seven

Post by CreativeThinker101 »

stingcameron wrote:I think that Facebook will stay around for a long time just because Blogger did and Facebook is 30x bigger than Blogger. I say it will last for a good 30 to 40 years, but that just me. With the way they keep updating it, it will be incredibly different from the original but it will still be Facebook. I mean, really, what's the last FREE social network that went over 500 million user in a couple years and will be over a billion soon( if it's not already). It's too huge to disappear! Duh!! Someone please make sense out of this non - sensical paragraph written for, really, no reason. =D>
I pretty much agree with stingcameron. Blogger is pretty big, though. Almost all blogs are run by it. I have a Bloggger account, but not a Facebook. But I wonder what the reaction will be if Facebook does shut down. It's possibly the most viewed non-search engine website of all time. Facebook users would really get angry if it shut down. Maybe it'll die out though. Who knows?
Italics code fixed:Graces4you
Signed,
CreativeThinker101
And Check out my AIO website! Here's a link: http://www.justanotheraioblog.blogspot.com/ Please comment on it! Because if you don't, I'm gonna call the exterminator!
THANK YOU
(P.S. What an interesting and fun website.)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Joker wrote:
bookworm wrote:Now on top of all that, an analyst says Facebook will disappear by 2020.
This article has very little substance.
This one has more. Here it’s multiple technology and marketing savvy people. Some agree it will be bumped off by another site, but some think it will do fine.
But here’s some interesting input on it from Facebook’s actual audience. Even though they use it every day now, they’re pretty confident they’ll move on eventually.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Think MySpace, or even further back, Xanga.

It will eventually die out.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: