Member of the Week!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Member of the Week!

Post by Jesus' Princess »

This time, our interesting member of the week is

...American Eagle!

Thanks for the great answers AE, and for getting back to me by my deadline :P

Here we are
1. Describe your self in a paragraph.
Everyone knows me as "J.J." (Minus a few adults who know me by my real name, and a precious girl who comes to my church on the bus; she calls me Jay.) I am a Christian who desires to give God his entire life, but somehow seems to mess everything up. Thankfully, God never gives up on me. I work as a Utility worker (cart pusher, grocery loader, building cleaner) at Meijer, I manage my brother's t-shirt business and I work for a local contracting company which roofs homes. In my free time, I enjoy playing sports, organization, movies, rooting for the Michigan State Spartans or any Detroit sports team, collecting stuff, paying attention to people who are ignored, witnessing to college students at the University of Michigan, and doing anything with friends. Finally, I'm a lifelong homeschooler who never gets up early for school. \:D/

2. How did you find the ToO?
The Soda Fountain.

3. What is your favorite ToO memory?
There are wayyyy too many to name. ;) "My ToO Family" was a blast, the switch to phpbb3 was exciting, the Enliven campaign was fun because I felt popular, AE's ToO Comic was a blast because I love making people laugh... and like, every ToO day is great when no one's mad at me. :P

4. What was your original username?
My username has been and always will be American Eagle. At one point, I got tired of my name, so I changed it to Reb Tevye, the central character from Fiddler on the Roof. Every hated it and forced me to change it back. :( There was also a time where I wanted to be like EK, so I officially shortened my name to AE. No one liked that either.

5. What is your favorite scripture passage
One that comes to mind is Jesus praying before being crucified. Matthew 26:39 says, "O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." These words show how human Jesus really was.

6. What are your favorite things in life?
Days spent at Cedar Point, family vacations, games, girls. \:D/ Plus some of the stuff in my "about" paragraph.

7. how about your least favorite?
People who are disorganized, careless, self-absorbed, or terrible at sports. :noway: Well, the last one doesn't bother me so much, as long as the person is willing to try playing. ;)

8. Who are some of your favorite ToO members
Long ago I compiled a list of my favorite ToOers and kept it hidden. \:D/ It was before I knew a lot of people! Joanne was #53 and ric was #58. That tells you how terrible of a list it was. ;) Therefore, I won't be silly enough to make another list. There are too many amazing people to choose from.

9. If today was your last day on earth, and you knew it, how would you spend it?
I've answered this question too many times in my head already, and the answer is so boring. (Go soul-winning, say goodbye to my family, forgive everyone, etc.) I'll just add that I certainly wouldn't take any bathroom breaks if it was my last day on earth...

10. If you could only eat three foods, what would they be??
Pizza (it counts as one), rice (with soy sauce, which is a liquid, not a food), and peaches because they are delicious and satisfying.

11. What is your favorite smilie?
Other than bookworm's signature "woohoo" smiley, my favorite ToO smiley is the dancing one. It induces such happiness.

Lastly...

12. What is one random/unique/quirky thing about you?
Truth is... I don't know how to swim. I only went swimming once or twice a year growing up, so I never bothered to learn. :( I recently tried to swim across a hotel pool, and I had the strength to do it, but I don't really understand the right way to do so. If you dropped me in an ocean, I would probably drown. When my family stays at the Bavarian Inn next weekend, however, I plan to practice. \:D/
Note: I added the smileys back in. *wink* -AE
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Great one. Good job AE and Jesus' Princess. The only bad thing is now we have to wait a week until the next one. :(
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I'm horribly hurt by your last answer to seven. It's not my fault I'm terrible! :mecry:
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Jesus' Princess wrote:8. Who are some of your favorite ToO members
Long ago I compiled a list of my favorite ToOers and kept it hidden. It was before I knew a lot of people! Joanne was #53 and ric was #58. That tells you how terrible of a list it was. Therefore, I won't be silly enough to make another list. There are too many amazing people to choose from.
I am so offened. :noway:
Jesus' Princess wrote:12. What is one random/unique/quirky thing about you?
Truth is... I don't know how to swim. I only went swimming once or twice a year growing up, so I never bothered to learn. I recently tried to swim across a hotel pool, and I had the strength to do it, but I don't really understand the right way to do so. If you dropped me in an ocean, I would probably drown. When my family stays at the Bavarian Inn next weekend, however, I plan to practice.
bahaha, that sounds exactly like my life. I wouldn't survive a minute in the ocean. :(

Good job JP! \:D/
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

Jesus' Princess wrote: 6. What are your favorite things in life?
Days spent at Cedar Point, family vacations, games, girls. Plus some of the stuff in my "about" paragraph.
Ooooooooohhh yeeeaaahhhhhh. Cedar Point = Awesome!

I'm going several times this year....Season pass, yo! ;)
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Cedar point? Been wanting to go there for a long time!
Awesome job, JP! Hopefully someday I'll be interviewed!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Joanne wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:8. Who are some of your favorite ToO members
Long ago I compiled a list of my favorite ToOers and kept it hidden. It was before I knew a lot of people! Joanne was #53 and ric was #58. That tells you how terrible of a list it was. Therefore, I won't be silly enough to make another list. There are too many amazing people to choose from.
I am so offened. :noway:
I thought that you would be more offended by this part:
Jesus' Princess wrote: 6. What are your favorite things in life?
Days spent at Cedar Point, family vacations, games, girls. Plus some of the stuff in my "about" paragraph.
(emphasis added)
Plural is not your friend in this case. :noway:

Other than AE's obvious insensitivity to Joanne's feelings ;) I really enjoyed this interview! :D AE was very honest (or is good at lying), so that made this even more interesting! \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Jesus' Princess wrote:11. What is your favorite smilie?
Other than bookworm's signature "woohoo" smiley
I have a signature smiley! Image
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Jesus' Princess wrote: 12. What is one random/unique/quirky thing about you?
Truth is... I don't know how to swim. I only went swimming once or twice a year growing up, so I never bothered to learn. I recently tried to swim across a hotel pool, and I had the strength to do it, but I don't really understand the right way to do so. If you dropped me in an ocean, I would probably drown. When my family stays at the Bavarian Inn next weekend, however, I plan to practice.
Practice what? Drowning. Don't worry I don't know how to swim either. I just never have a place to go swimming so I never learned; however, it would be nice someday to do so.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote: 12. What is one random/unique/quirky thing about you?
Practice what? Drowning. Don't worry I don't know how to swim either. I just never have a place to go swimming so I never learned; however, it would be nice someday to do so.
xD You can know enough of how to swim to practice. I can tread water for 10 seconds tops, before I totally panic and go under. :P But I can still practice it and get better. ;) And that was probably totally sarcastic and I just wrecked it.

Great interview, guys! :D

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Good grief, you left out all of the smileys! I hope none of my sarcasm was taken wrong. :anxious:
Catspaw wrote:AE was very honest (or is good at lying), so that made this even more interesting! \:D/
It only sounded like honesty because there were no smileys. ;)

Edit:

Case in point, these sentences sound offensive now:
People who are disorganized, careless, self-absorbed, or terrible at sports. Well, the last one doesn't bother me so much, as long as the person is willing to try playing.
This was the original:
People who are disorganized, careless, self-absorbed, or terrible at sports. :noway: Well, the last one doesn't bother me so much, as long as the person is willing to try playing. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

American Eagle wrote:Good grief, you left out all of the smileys! I hope none of my sarcasm was taken wrong. :anxious:
I did? :anxious: I copied it over from my PM's....
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I edited your post to include them. ;)

Everyone, re-read the interview so you don't think I'm dreary or honest! \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I think AE is trying to be funny, and in actuality didn't originally didn't put those smileys there. But I'm not sure.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

*goes and checks her PM's*

Nope, they didn't copy over, and I was too tired to notice. :anxious: Thanks for editing them in AE
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

Whoa, I looked at the title of the thread and immediately thought "it's gonna be AE."

Great interview guys! \:D/