The Harry Potter Thread

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.

What is your favorite Harry Potter movie?

The Philosophers Stone
15%
The Chamber of Secrets
No votes
The Prisoner of Azkaban
8%
The Goblet of Fire
23%
The Order of the Phoenix
8%
The Half Blood Prince
8%
The Deathly Hallows Part 1
8%
The Deathly Hallows part 2
31%

Total votes: 13

Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I can't wait! When Pottermore comes out, everybody post their usernames on here.
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

Dumbledore, as quoted by Continental Crusader wrote:It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more then our abilities.
Something that struck me: This theme is similar to Batman Begins, which featured the line, "It isn't who I am, but what I do that defines me."

It's a good quote. Imagine my surprise a couple of years ago when I listened to the Adventures in Odyssey episode "No Way Out", which I think uses the exact opposite line (it isn't what you do, but who you are) and claims that that's what God says, or said at some point. Something like that, it's been a while. It confused me.
Last edited by Caswin on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
Taps

Post by Taps »

I believe, that it IS our choices that make us who we are. But I kinda understand the Odyssey Quote as well which is kinda saying, it's who you our now, not what you've DONE, but I believe they both make sense, one is just dealing with the past, one dealing with the future, if that makes any sense to you.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Yeah, I think it's both quotes. And ultimately, our choices do define our general character, but I think that it's one specific choice that makes us who we are.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Taps

Post by Taps »

Just finished "Horace Slughorn." Looks like it's gonna be another great book! \:D/
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I finished copying out my favourite quotes from The Half-Blood Prince last night.

TigerintheShadows

How many are there?
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog

Post by 31899 »

Fourteen single quotations.

Edit: it was more-so that for a while I didn't feel like doing it that it took so long.

Last edited by 31899 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Taps

Post by Taps »

Just read "An Excess of Phelgm" They got their O.W.L.S! I thought they did a good job, but I felt bad for Harry, when he didn't make Auror.
TigerintheShadows

:( I know...stupid Potions! :x

Is Phlegm (ahem...Fleur) not hilarious, though?
AIO tumblr sideblog
Taps

Post by Taps »

I thought it was very humorous ;) I'm loving Ginny more and more each chapter! \:D/
Snape and his potions :x
TigerintheShadows

Snape has always been one of my least favorites. :noway: What a greaseball. If you ask me, Fred and George should have set off the fireworks in his office.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

*Randomly jumps into convo, because she saw the "Harry Potter" thread, and then someone mentions Snape, and she can no longer resist interruption*

Okay, so he is a greaseball... but doesn't he redeem his greasy-ness by the end of the series? Perhaps taking into account all that he did, his lack of personal hygiene can be forgiven? D;
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
Taps

Post by Taps »

Just read "The Slug Club" Great chapter... poor Harry! I hope his friends realize he's trapped.

EDIT: I checked Pottermore, and now not even Betas can get in. It just says this:

Pottermore is currently unavailable.
We are making important updates to the site, which may take some time.
For the most up-to-date information, please visit the Pottermore Insider.
Thank you in advance for your patience.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Continental Crusader wrote:EDIT: I checked Pottermore, and now not even Betas can get in. It just says this:

Ooh, maybe when it reopens it will be ready for everyone! \:D/

My child is reading #7. Again. She borrowed it from my parents' house on Saturday afternoon and is like 7/8ths done. I just hope she doesn't burn out on reading like I did.

Edit: And now she finished it. She read it while we did errands this afternoon. Started around page 607 and got through to the end by about 5:30. And then we checked for pottermore. \:D/
Last edited by darcie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to not double post even though I can.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Taps

Post by Taps »

darcie wrote:
Continental Crusader wrote:EDIT: I checked Pottermore, and now not even Betas can get in. It just says this:

Ooh, maybe when it reopens it will be ready for everyone! \:D/

My child is reading #7. Again. She borrowed it from my parents' house on Saturday afternoon and is like 7/8ths done. I just hope she doesn't burn out on reading like I did.

Edit: And now she finished it. She read it while we did errands this afternoon. Started around page 607 and got through to the end by about 5:30. And then we checked for pottermore. \:D/
Now it went back to "Still in Beta" :(

Hurry up Pottermore!

Just finished the chapter "The Half Blood Prince." I knew Harry and Ginny were going to end up together! \:D/

Post by 31899 »

Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Ben Linus wrote:*Randomly jumps into convo, because she saw the "Harry Potter" thread, and then someone mentions Snape, and she can no longer resist interruption*

Okay, so he is a greaseball... but doesn't he redeem his greasy-ness by the end of the series? Perhaps taking into account all that he did, his lack of personal hygiene can be forgiven? D;
Exactly! Snape is one of my favourite characters from HP, right up there with Lupin and Luna and Neville Longbottom. And the whole 'l' thing is a total coincidence that I just now noticed... :anxious:
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Total n00b wrote:
Ben Linus wrote:*Randomly jumps into convo, because she saw the "Harry Potter" thread, and then someone mentions Snape, and she can no longer resist interruption*

Exactly! Snape is one of my favourite characters from HP, right up there with Lupin and Luna and Neville Longbottom. And the whole 'l' thing is a total coincidence that I just now noticed... :anxious:
You and I, meh amigo, are on the same page here. ALthough, I would dare to ad Draco to that list :anxious: I am a shameless Draco fan.
31899 wrote:Image

^ win. Props to you, meme brotha.
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
TigerintheShadows

-sits in her Draco and Snape hating corner- :-

Love me some Neville, though. :inlove:
AIO tumblr sideblog