AE & Joanne: Relationship Announcement

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Reactions?

You guys did WHAT? This is outrageous! :x
29%
I knew it all along. :noway:
24%
I still don't believe it. You're just april fooling us.
48%

Total votes: 21

American Eagle
Chief of Police
AE & Joanne: Relationship Announcement

Post by American Eagle »

:- Over the past few weeks, Joanne and I have underwent a lot of teasing about being "in a relationship" or that perhaps we should be the next ToO marriage. We've caused a lot of glee and happiness for a lot of members, and conversely, we've caused frustration in others.

We have a little bit of an announcement for you all. You may not believe it at first, but here goes.

The Inception!
One month ago, Shennifer and Jesus' Princess made sly comments about Joanne and myself marrying. Joanne sent me a private message: "Just say'n we could totally make this an April Fools joke..." And thus, the greatest ToO April Fools joke ever was born! \:D/

Over the next few weeks, Joanne and I led everyone to believe we were in love with each other. We planted the thought in your minds, and you didn't realize our scheme! It was all a lie. :neener:

The Hunger Gaming!
We didn't want this to be lame, so Joanne conceived a way to bedazzle everyone. We decided to fake some Skype chats. \:D/ In truth, Joanne and I have never video or voice chatted with each other in our lives. We barely even know each other. Many of you have read or watched The Hunger Games, but none of you noticed when two people were pretending to be star-crossed lovers in front of your own eyes!

Some of you may remember these photos we posted:
What happens when my face is removed? Only Joanne's brother remains! Didn't we do a nice photoshop job? :evillaugh:
The Hoodwinking!
Needless to say, we freaked out half the town of Odyssey. \:D/ Some of you seemed cool about it, and thought it was neat that we were video chatting, but SEVERAL of you got so hoodwinked. xD We received many PMs from users who felt the need to voice their concerns.

Congratulations! You found two turtledoves! Send this link to Monty or Jesus' Princess for a special prize!
The signatures that Joanne and I are wearing symbolize our feeling at this moment. ;) April Fools.
Detour:
Old and Tough: You must solve a puzzle of Sudoku(a well-known Japanese number puzzle). You probably already know the rules and strategies, but this puzzle is very difficult.

In case you do not know the rules of this puzzle, here is an explanation: http://www.conceptispuzzles.com/?uri=pu ... doku/rules

Woody made this puzzle himself, and can vouch that it is possible. He can also vouch for its difficulty.

OR

Fresh and Easy: You must solve a Hashi puzzle. Hashi is a lesser known puzzle, so most players will not know it. You must learn the rules and strategies of a new game, but the puzzle itself is considerably easier.

An explanation of the rules can be found here: http://www.conceptispuzzles.com/?uri=puzzle/hashi/rules

Obviously no solvers are allowed. Include Woody in your PM so he can check your answers.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Yeah right. :noway:
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

And a happy April 1st to all! \:D/
God's Daughter
Not Implemented

Post by God's Daughter »

I'm actually Facebook friends with Joanne's brother... (Being a Ceiling Fan guy an' all) I saw when he posted a picture of Joanne and him Skyping then I saw you guys' picture....I though maybe that's just how she poses... all the time. :anxious:

Good one guys. ;)
Image]
My Online Family! \:D/
Sky, is my twin. ^_^
Lee, is my cousin.
I'm KF's awesome sister and he's my equally awesome brother!
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I knew it was fake....

:noway:

lol Joanne. well played.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT! YOU PEOPLE ARE GETTING MARRIED WHETHER YOU KNOW IT OR NOT :P
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Haha. You losers!! :x

It was fun ya'll. ;)
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

Honestly, I have thought it was a April fools joke for about a week already.
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

The part I'm most surprised about is not knowing that Joanne was Loren's sibling. I need to keep up around here more.

But excellent tomfoolery. A good April Fools joke requires setup. Nicely done. =D>
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

This was my take.

Well played you two. At first I was like their chatting that's great. \:D/ They look good together. And then it got more and more ridiculous. By the end it was they may be becoming friends, but they're going to have as much fun with this as they can. So why not join them.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

darcie wrote:The part I'm most surprised about is not knowing that Joanne was Loren's sibling. I need to keep up around here more.

But excellent tomfoolery. A good April Fools joke requires setup. Nicely done. =D>
Haha yes I am! ;) I surprised you didn't get suspicious by the fact that the same picture (minus AE) is on Loren's fb. ;)

To be honest I'll miss it. It was hilarious to see the responses.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

-has missed everything-

I barely knew about this. I thought it was just a running gag or something. -shrug- Didn't really affect me.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Oh and TKD You must tell your side of the story. ;)
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

AE's second wife wrote:I surprised you didn't get suspicious by the fact that the same picture (minus AE) is on Loren's fb. ;)
Once I saw it in this topic I recognized the picture, but I wasn't following the other topic. Plus, AE is the new CoT. He's getting married off right and left. \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

AE's second wife wrote:
I would like to go back to Christmas break. :)
CoT+Catspaw Forever wrote:Alright, it's time for my scheduled long post on the matter. :-

A few years ago, I believed that it was essentially a sin for girls to wear pants. For example, I always complained to my mom if I saw one of my sisters wearing pajama pants. This was based on my views about modesty and that "pants are for men; therefore, skirts are for women". I do not hold this view to such a degree any longer. Girls, you have the right to make your own decisions regarding fashion. :)

To girls, however, remember that us guys are your brothers in Christ. We should all be working together to please our Father. I'm going to get majorly honest here, because it's the internet and none of you even know me in real life. \:D/ I met a girl at camp some time ago, and she was a blast. We spent a lot of the week hanging out and talking to each other. I came to a realization near the end of camp. For the first time, I noticed the clothes she was wearing. During games and such, she would wear loose capris, and for everything else, she wore a long skirt. She always wore "attractive" clothing, but I thought to myself, I haven't even been 'tempted' to lust after her a single time! Yes!

On the other hand, a Christian girl that I know fairly well always seems to have a new, sensual outfit. They're nothing that would be deemed offensive by the world's standards, but I don't think I've ever seen her wear something that doesn't bring attention to her figure. In all honesty, I really hope to one day marry a girl like the one I met at camp, not the second girl. :anxious:

Bottom line. Ladies, you are in no responsible for the way guys around you think, but remember; you have a big impact on it. ;)
CoT+Catspaw Forever wrote:I had to get up for work at 7am this morning. ON A SATURDAY. :x

However, my day got a lot better when Joanne and I chatted again this afternoon. \:D/ It's amazing how similar our families are. I didn't know you could so immensely enjoy talking to someone over the internet. >_> Wow, I'm majorly happy.

God is good!
I figured AE wouldn't want to marry Joanne when I read these posts because I knew AE wouldn't marry a girl wearing jeans. Also, since Joanne wears jeans it didn't make sense that their families were super similar. It seemed like it was fake and they were just making a joke.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

AE's second wife wrote:Oh and TKD You must tell your side of the story. ;)
Before or after the part when I purposefully ran into a wall? \:D/

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I think, that you just made this up right now ;) April Fools joke my foot.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I just figured, Joanne and American Eagle chat with each often, so what. And then, like most people do on the ToO, started making jokes about it. Like some did with American Eagle and I a while back. When in reality, we hardly talk to each other at all in terms of chat and PMs.

It's like with Anemone (Karen Krosby) and Scion's Light. Only, they actually do chat with each other all the time...or at least every week. =p
Last edited by snubs on Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Like I said, it wasn't big enough for it to be a planned April Fools joke ;)
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Actually Anna are family's really are a lot alike... except for pants... but I did wear just skirts for awhile. Beside maybe AE was having a rebellious streak. :x
Last edited by Joanne on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.