Where's He Going?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Where will Peyton Manning go this year?

Washington
11%
Miami
11%
Seattle
No votes
Cleveland
No votes
Tennessee
No votes
Arizona
11%
Dallas, because Tony chokes.
No votes
Minnesota
22%
Kansas City
No votes
Denver, take that Timmy fans!
33%
San Fran
No votes
Tampa Bay
No votes
NJ
11%

Total votes: 9

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Breaking Horrible News for Tebow Fans: Peyton is a Bronco. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Tebow to the Vikings! \:D/
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Ya....tch.

I'm not a huge fan of football, but hey, I like Tebow. Why would they do that? :noway:
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Because Peyton is a absolute minimum ten times better quarterback.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Manning signed a 96 million 5 year contract. I am so glad that is over with. Every time I look under the Colts section on Sports Illustrated instead of finding out what the colts are doing, honestly, every last on of the articles posted are about Manning. Seriously, he was a good quarterback for the Colts, but its time to move on. I'm a Colts fan not a Manning lover. Some so-called "Colts" fans need to let Manning go.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah I was sad back in the day when the Bengals let Boomer go to the Jets, but while he's my favorite player of all time and I wished him well there, my team will always be the Bengals.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Hmm...I was the only person who voted for Denver.
I like this snubs fellow.
General nuisance extraordinaire.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Sean Payton is suspended for the season. Goodell is setting a no tolerance line.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

My applause to Goodell for his guts. Suspending one of the league's most popular coaches for an entire year? That's amazing.

Peyton was not suspended for allowing the bounty-hunting. He was suspended for being told by the league to stop it, and not doing so.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

*Payton

Yes, if they had stopped when they were told to. No one probably would have been punished. But Sean Payton lied to the league during the investigation. And told the owner they had stopped when they hadn't. We're talking about possible permanent injuries. I thought all coaches who knew should have been banned for life.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I don’t know all the details, but it sounds to me like people are being punished for... doing their jobs. Aren’t football players supposed to hit each other?
Last edited by bookworm on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

bookworm wrote:I don’t know all the details, but it sounds to me like people are being punished for... doing their jobs. Aren’t football players supposed to hit each other?
The main reason for this harsh of punishment isn't that they were intentionally trying to hurt people. (The punishment for the players for that is coming this week.) The coaches are getting punished this severely because they got told to stop. Lied about it. And continued anyway.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Knight Fisher wrote:The main reason for this harsh of punishment isn't that they were intentionally trying to hurt people.
Were they being paid to hurt players, or if they hurt players?
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

bookworm wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:The main reason for this harsh of punishment isn't that they were intentionally trying to hurt people.
Were they being paid to hurt players, or if they hurt players?
They were being paid to hurt players. $1,500 if you knock one out of the game. $1,000 for a cart off. Larger sums in playoffs.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Well whatever the case, if the NFL was serious about stopping this they would punish everyone that did it, not make an ‘example’ of one coach.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Considering how much pro athletes get paid... $1,500 for knocking someone out of the game doesn't seem like that much of a reward.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

After listening to the audio from before the Saints vs 49ers game. Anyone who had a clue should never be allowed near a football field again. That was despicable. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... -in-speech
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

If only the XFL were still around, this stuff would be praised instead of scorned. :noway:
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

The Top Crusader wrote:If only the XFL were still around, this stuff would be praised instead of scorned. :noway:
Very true. But when he's telling the players to take out Frank Gore's ACL. (Which would end his career.) And try to turn his head sideways...
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Like bookworm was saying, you don't think these players already think that? Ever defensive end is trying to kill the QB, it's there job. Now it was just verbal, and anyways in contracts you could get more money for more sacks. On defense of the coach he was just getting them fired up. Its part of the game, I mean look at LT (Lawrence Taylor). So the coach got a year suspended for ignoring the league which I thought was a little harsh. There have been other investigations into Bounty pools but we never hear about it. Okay fine the team and get over with it is my opinion.