Katrina

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End
It’s my birthday

Post by Evil Chick »

MDB17 wrote:
Evil Chick wrote:
Seeings I live in Germany, I am not going to be hit by Katrina.
you live in germany is one of your parents in the military?
No, my parents are missionaries here.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

cool
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

NatetheGreat wrote:Not going to effect us. We live in Magnificent Mighigan.
Depending on where in Michigan you are, you might get some rain.

-Jonathan
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Does anybody know where and what Katrina is doing?
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Snaggly Maggly wrote:Does anybody know where and what Katrina is doing?
It made landfall and is wreaking havoc on Miss and LA. It is expected to turn to the north east bringing torrential rains to the Ohio valley.

-Jonathan
Master Kenobi
I've been here a bit

Post by Master Kenobi »

Northeast? Good for us west Texans. I don't think we have anything to worry about.
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Hmm...can't believe I've ignored this until now.....Well...I've heard about the storm, and been praying abotu it all day....all those people still in New Orleans. But we don't need any rain here now, we had a HUGE storm last night, as in, the city flooded in about an hour....then dried up as soon as it stopped.
Mary Anne Ryan
OK

Post by Mary Anne Ryan »

Depending on where Katrina is going, we here in Chicago are mostl likely going to get wet! and my friend in good old Southeast Nebraska may get a drop or two! \:D/ I love it when it rains! :- and I'm thirsty anyway, so bring on the rain... :-
Mary Anne Ryan

Second Generation detective.

Have faith in God, and Tie down your Camels
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Mary Anne Ryan wrote:Depending on where Katrina is going, we here in Chicago are mostl likely going to get wet! and my friend in good old Southeast Nebraska may get a drop or two! \:D/ I love it when it rains! :- and I'm thirsty anyway, so bring on the rain... :-
I love it when it rainds too!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Barely Is wrote:Hmm...can't believe I've ignored this until now.....Well...I've heard about the storm, and been praying abotu it all day....all those people still in New Orleans. But we don't need any rain here now, we had a HUGE storm last night, as in, the city flooded in about an hour....then dried up as soon as it stopped.
That happened here about a week and a half ago.

-Jonathan
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

Jonathan wrote:
Barely Is wrote:Hmm...can't believe I've ignored this until now.....Well...I've heard about the storm, and been praying abotu it all day....all those people still in New Orleans. But we don't need any rain here now, we had a HUGE storm last night, as in, the city flooded in about an hour....then dried up as soon as it stopped.
That happened here about a week and a half ago.

-Jonathan
same here

it made flash floods in one of the communities. One of the ladies from our church had a anurism in her brain explod that morning and they couldn't get her into the hospital because for the flash flood.

BTW, ( this is kinda funny) I get confused when people say LA as in Lousisanna, I think they are saying LA as in Los Angeles. hehehe. I live in CA so I won't be gettin' anything :(.

ImageImageImageImage
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Mountain Girl wrote:BTW, ( this is kinda funny) I get confused when people say LA as in Lousisanna, I think they are saying LA as in Los Angeles. hehehe. I live in CA so I won't be gettin' anything :(.
First, that sometimes confuses me too. Second, I'm literally in the middle of the continent, so I won't be getting anything either.

-Jonathan
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Hurricanes don't affect me in the state I'm in now.........now I need to worry about earthquakes.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I believe it Was Jon who said that the Ohio valley would get rain. Well I believe it! It's been raining all day and We're supposed to get 2 inches tonight and maybe 1 tommorrow!
...I hate marquees.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I just watch some news...oh my word! I didn't ever know it could be this bad because I don't know anything about hurricanes! We really to pray for everyone. :pray:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Snaggly Maggly wrote:I just watch some news...oh my word! I didn't ever know it could be this bad because I don't know anything about hurricanes! We really to pray for everyone. :pray:
Here's the very simple Jonathan definition of a strong hurricane:

Tornadic winds and a ton of water spread out over a large area.

-Jonathan
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

It's been raining like all day.. I don't like Katrina.. ](*,)
...I hate marquees.
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

those poor people! their homes are half gone or totally gone, the dead are ( not to gross anyone out) floating in the street, and no one can get in or out of that place, and the Dome ( whatever you call it) is starting to get water inside.

*wants to get some helicopters and help out, if only she had the money*

ImageImageImageImage
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Mountain Girl wrote:those poor people! their homes are half gone or totally gone, the dead are ( not to gross anyone out) floating in the street, and no one can get in or out of that place, and the Dome ( whatever you call it) is starting to get water inside.

*wants to get some helicopters and help out, if only she had the money*
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&c ... _katrina_1

A summary of the damage. Also, I saw what looked like looting on the news, but the TV was muted, so I wasn't sure. Though this confirmed it.

-Jonathan
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Oooh...Frank learned all about Katrina in her geography class two days ago. It's sounds awful, and I thank the Lord that I'm not in New Orleans right now. :pray: