Anti-Twilight Thread!

Haters of Twilight... Unite!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader wrote:I like Mitt, but between the Twilight Saga and the Book of Mormon I am not confident in his taste in books. >_>
Greatest political insight of this election. :hilarious:
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Ginny Weasley wrote:
Amethystic wrote:(Yes, that is one thing the ToO has taught me: if you want to have an opinion that's unpopular, you have to offer some dang good reasoning behind it or they'll tear you apart. *pats Woody* But these people have some good points too, if you can take the heat. :P )
Haha, I know what you mean. I feel like I've been practically torn apart in the "God Looks At The Heart" thread at Second Church, and I'm not sure if I should be allowed to debate "Is Harry Potter sinful or not" anymore because everybody jumps on me and I get really sharp about defending myself. ;) I love the Internet.
Harry Potter is not even worth trying to debate on here. :P It turns everyone into savages.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

It really does. ;) Discussion about the books is one thing; trying to debate their morality is quite another. Twilight, on the other hand, is almost universally hated, so we can discuss and hate peaceably. \:D/
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Parker Family wrote:
Taps wrote:
Buzz wrote:Wow Woody! You actually did it! :D I hate Twilight as well. :)
I have a sick feeling you guys planned this :? \:D/

I have not read them, but I get a strong impression that they are low quality and a waste of time.
lol... then why did Mitt Romney read it? :noway:
I like Mitt, but between the Twilight Saga and the Book of Mormon I am not confident in his taste in books. >_>
Mitt Romney read Twilight? :shock:

Hmmm... I'm not sure what I think of Twilight. A girl falling involve with a vampire? Regardless of whether vampires are sinful or not :p , I just have no interest in a book about a girl falling in love with someone who's not human.

But based on PluggedIn's review of Breaking Dawn, I would conclude that the films at least, are most likely stuff not worth seeing.

\:D/
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Lee wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:
Parker Family wrote:
Taps wrote:

I have not read them, but I get a strong impression that they are low quality and a waste of time.
I like Mitt, but between the Twilight Saga and the Book of Mormon I am not confident in his taste in books. >_>

Hmmm... I'm not sure what I think of Twilight. A girl falling involve with a vampire? Regardless of whether vampires are sinful or not :p , I just have no interest in a book about a girl falling in love with someone who's not human.

But based on PluggedIn's review of Breaking Dawn, I would conclude that the films at least, are most likely stuff not worth seeing.
To clear up misconception, he only read it because he was bored and since his granddaughter left it around, he picked it up and read it :-
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Parker Family wrote:
Lee wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:
Parker Family wrote:
Taps wrote:

To clear up misconception, he only read it because he was bored and since his granddaughter left it around, he picked it up and read it :-
Interesting. Do you have a link to the article or video where he talks about it?

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yeah, I was wondering how people even know what he reads.
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Steve wrote:
Pip wrote:I HATE TWILIGHT TOO!!1! LET'S ALL HAVE A TWLIGHT BURNING!!11!! WE CAN BURN THE BOOKS IN TWILIGHT!1!!1! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! LET'S BURN THEM!!!! AUGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!1111!!!!!11!!!! A HOBO TOLD ME THEY ARE EVIL, AND I BELIEVE HIM BECAUSE HE IS A HOBO!!!11!!! ARE YOU CALLING THE HOBO A LIAR!!!!?!?!?!111??!!?!11??!?1???!11??

IT IS JUNK!!!!!1!1!!!! THROW IT ON THE PILE ALONG WITH HARRY POTTER, BARNEY, AND CLIFFORD THE BIG RED SATANIC DOG!!!!11!!!11!!1!1!!!
OK. We NEED a "Like" button. This is the best example of awesome I have ever seen on this board.
hah, I know right? This was an inspired moment. :p
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Parker Family wrote:The Article
“I like the 'Twilight' series. That was fun.”
That’s more than just reading it because he was bored.
Eowyn18
Not as new

Post by Eowyn18 »

I watched the first movie and was completely bored out of my mind. Bella being saved from everything got really old.......... I'm not really seeing the reason for the mass obsession with Twilight.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

The films (at least the first three; I have yet to see Breaking Dawn) are definitely lame, but there are two words that make them worth watching anyway:

Jacob. Shirtless. \:D/
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

:roll: See what I live with?

New Moon is worth watching for the comedy effect. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

bookworm wrote:
It's not far.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Aeva is a perfect fangirl. Termite, my condolences :(
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

When I read the first book, I wondered why so many girls loved it. It got more exciting by the end, but other than that it was just okay. I saw the first movie and liked it fine, so I read the rest and watched the first 3 movies. But now, I realize that they are rather addicting and dangerous; and not something I should read or watch. It's kinda hard when some of my friends still like it, but fortunately they don't make me watch it anyway.

From a former fan.
Last edited by Shennifer on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Till the end of the line.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

bookworm wrote:
And he likes South Park ? :shock: Um.... Wow.

*knows who her parents should vote for now...*

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I watched a clip of South Park. .and that was a big mistake >_>

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Peeta wrote:I watched a clip of South Park. .and that was a big mistake >_>

I've never seen any of it. All I know is, they hold a Guiness World Record for the most profanity and obscene gestures in a movie. :anxious:

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Lee wrote:
Peeta wrote:I watched a clip of South Park. .and that was a big mistake >_>

I've never seen any of it. All I know is, they hold a Guiness World Record for the most profanity and obscene gestures in a movie. :anxious:
I know now xP I watched a 30-second clip in a YouTube comedy slam, and they used the f-word a bajillion times before I turned it off, along with a bunch of. .other stuff >_>