Black Widow

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Black Widow

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That looks really good! I thought I had seen something about the movie potentially being rated R at some point, but this trailer doesn't seem to indicate that. Consider me intrigued.
Petrichor
I'm finally not a No0b

Post by Petrichor »

This looks cool! I honestly didn't think I would bother watching any of the new movies after Endgame came out, but I do actually want to see this.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

My mom wants to come see this, which was surprising to hear. She knows nothing about Marvel, but she happened to be in Budapest while they were filming one of the scenes and watched from across a river so she wants to see it in the movie.

The only other MCU movie she's seen is Captain America and she knows absolutely nothing about the greater story beyond that; has no clue who Black Widow is. It doesn't look like that will be an issue for understanding what is happening here, seems like a fairly stand alone story. Of course there are deeper connections to the bigger picture that has been developed through all the other movies if you know about them, but if you don't it looks like you would be able to jump in here and just get what this story is in itself.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, how cool that your mom got to see them filming one of the scenes! I can understand how that would make her interested in the movie, even without much franchise familiarity.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Well there's finally a release plan. July 9th in theaters that are open and same day streaming through Disney Plus Premier Access ($30 on demand purchase). Apparently that wasn't a one-off thing just for Mulan like they had claimed it would be.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes, it must have worked well enough for Mulan to want to try again. In Disney's defence, when they said that about Mulan, I think they expected theatres to be fully (or at least mostly) open by this summer, which isn't really looking to be the case, which is where that dual release system does make sense. I'd like to see it in theatres with my brother if I can, since we've watched most Marvel movies in theatres together over the years. Otherwise, I find it very hard to justify the cost to watch a movie on my own TV that I know will be part of my regular Disney+ subscription if I just wait it out.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:29 pmIn Disney's defence, when they said that about Mulan, I think they expected theatres to be fully (or at least mostly) open by this summer
This is true and probably partly plays into why they're doing it again here, but their next release after Mulan (Soul) wasn't put behind the Premier paywall it was just released into the regular library, so it had looked before like they were indeed pulling back from that model after the initial experiment like they had said, and theaters were still closed then. :shrugs:

Return to “Harlequin Theatre”