Log of site issues

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

The site has been very slow for me lately. It takes more than a minute to load a single page and just now navigating to post on this topic I've gotten the 504 Gateway Time-Out page every time. Once I get the 504 page I refresh and then it loads the actual page.
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Same for me. I've noticed it being slow over the last couple days. I haven't gotten an error message (yet) though. From the index to here it took a solid 50 seconds to load.

EDIT: So far, (for me) it looks like it's trending at a 50 second load time for each page. It took 1 minute 40 seconds to get to where I could edit this post.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It's nowhere near that slow for me; but we have definitely lost the performance boost we were enjoying for a while.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes, same here. The last three days have been painfully slow.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Huh, it's really that bad for you too? Usually I seem to be one of the ones with the longer lags when we're having issues, but this time apparently I have it better. This isn't 'painful' and it's definitely not borderline unusable as Penguin and snubs are experiencing; for me the site is still perfectly functional there's just a noticeable delay from how it normally responds. Not one big enough to be an issue in any way, it's just noticeable.

I wonder why it wouldn't be as bad for everyone, it would seem like if something is wrong the results should be fairly similar for all trying to access.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I haven't noticed any issues myself, though I got an error when I tried logging out the other day. But by then I was logged out so I didn't care. :shrugs:
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Yeah, I would have to agree that it's pretty slow to load lately. 50-60 seconds per page load.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
KnittingFun14
Processing
Post by KnittingFun14 »

The same thing that's happening with Pengwin is happening to me. I'll get the 504 Gateway Time-Out page too and it's painfully slow.

However, I will have spurts when it'll work just fine.
I normally go by N on the chat, but it's actually short for...
"No, John, I can't marry you. Why? Because my father won't let me. He says you're not good enough for me, John.
Yes you have big muscles and know how to run a farm, but I need a man that can give me the moon.
You are not the sun. I am." -Pengwin
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Right now things are the normal fast speed for me. :D I hope that will be true for others as well!
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

I really have no clue what was causing this issue, but I'm thinking it has something to do with the older version of software that we're running. It seemed to be mostly affecting myself and snubs while we were logged in but not logged out, which is weird. I tried fiddling with a few things, but it only seemed to be back to some resemblance of "normal" today. Glad that it's working for you, Catspaw! :D Hopefully it's back to normal for everyone else as well! If it isn't, either post here or contact me via the tech support page so I know whether to keep working on this issue.
snubspaw wrote:
DanP740 wrote:Is there a way to add the social networks that have popped up since Facebook, especially since most of the options aren't really around anymore?
I'm sure there is (looks at Eugene), but that's something that would likely happen when the ToO gets updated.
Indeed, we can totally add other social networks for people to include on their profiles. However, I agree with snubs that it should be left for when we upgrade the site in the coming months. :)

"Don't fuss with me." WHY;
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

It's been loading much faster now for me. So that's good! \:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

snubspaw wrote:It's been loading much faster now for me. So that's good! \:D/
Same here! \:D/
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Yes, everything is working gr8!
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It's definitely back to normal now and that's possibly a result of something you tweaked Eugene, but if a clear cause and effect don't stand out I wouldn't look too hard into it - over the past several years where no techs were around to actively respond to issues in real time we've had several instances where randomly for a week things would start lagging when nothing had been changed to start causing a problem, it just happened, and after time it just as randomly started working again with nothing having been changed to attempt a fix. :shrugs:
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

So interesting. I really don't know if my efforts made any difference, but I won't question it as you suggest, bookworm. :lol: Let's take the win. The ToO lives another day!! Long live the ToO!! :virus:

Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Whatever the reason I'm so glad I can now log in without long wait times! :D
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The announcement box on the forum index only displays for logged in users, so the people who need to see your note about resetting the password won't see it.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:15 pm The announcement box on the forum index only displays for logged in users, so the people who need to see your note about resetting the password won't see it.
+1.

It's nice to see this place again. :) Thanks so much to those who have worked on this project.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

bookworm wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:15 pm The announcement box on the forum index only displays for logged in users, so the people who need to see your note about resetting the password won't see it.
This has been fixed! 8-) I had it turned off for guests while the board was disabled yesterday but forgot to turn it back on again.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Can we get a link to the Chatroom back into the header?