Log of site issues

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Indeed, I just had to wait twenty seconds for the response page for a PM to load :(
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

I don't think it's gotten faster for me at all. I initially blamed the slowness on the fact I had so many tabs open, but alas that was not the case. Pages have been taking 2-3 minutes to load for me.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

It has been speeding up then slowing down seemingly without cause.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Yeah, what Jehoshaphat said. I thought it was speeding up... but then it slowed down again after a few minutes. Been doing that off and on.

Today it was extremely slow.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Sorry guys, it was fixed briefly after I contacted Dreamhost and I assume it had been rectified and then was notified that it wasn't permanent and was just a brief fix. Dreamhost is going to move my sites to another server, though I don't have a time frame on when this will happen, but the issue appears to be hardware related. I have a Virtual Server which shares architecture with multiple other servers, and something on the system is causing our virtual server to receive very limited resources. Moving it to a new server should rectify the issue. I'll update you once I know more. Thanks for your patience!
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

You done goofed, Shadowpaw. Or someone did, because this is what the ToO looked like when I just logged on:
I think someone broke the birthday box.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

The birthday box only shows up when there is a birthday :)
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

That screenshot got cut off for some reason...lemme just post a link.

http://i.imgur.com/xxaoLH2.png

Anyways, as you can see, the error is quite obviously coming from something related to birthdays. Besides, the page still runs code to determine whether to show the birthday box or not, so it makes sense that there would be an error even if it wasn't anyone's birthday.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Shadowpaw wrote:Sorry guys, it was fixed briefly after I contacted Dreamhost and I assume it had been rectified and then was notified that it wasn't permanent and was just a brief fix. Dreamhost is going to move my sites to another server, though I don't have a time frame on when this will happen, but the issue appears to be hardware related. I have a Virtual Server which shares architecture with multiple other servers, and something on the system is causing our virtual server to receive very limited resources. Moving it to a new server should rectify the issue. I'll update you once I know more. Thanks for your patience!
Good to know, Shadowpaw. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Mr. Whit's End wrote:That screenshot got cut off for some reason...lemme just post a link.

http://i.imgur.com/xxaoLH2.png

Anyways, as you can see, the error is quite obviously coming from something related to birthdays. Besides, the page still runs code to determine whether to show the birthday box or not, so it makes sense that there would be an error even if it wasn't anyone's birthday.
Is it still like that for you? It could just be the board style you are using. I see no error on Greyscale.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I use that style, and everything's normal.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks for the update, Shadowpaw. Apparently we all needed the reminder that patience is a virtue. ;) Yay for being able to use lots of tabs at the same time! \:D/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Thank you Shadowpaw. I will try to be patient. I don't spend a lot of time here anyway and I can always read a book. :mrgreen:
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Speed has noticeably improved for me suddenly within the last five minutes. Nowhere near back to normal, but definitely faster than it had been. (Faster than a standstill is still extremely slow; it’s a step in the right direction though.)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes, right now it's working at an almost-normal speed that is entirely tolerable. \:D/ Yay! A little slower, but not much.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Indeed, currently things are functioning entirely normally. \:D/ Hope it’s permanent!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

It's been going up and down for me (speed wise). Nothing has been steady.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

It's still pretty slow for me...
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

It's marginally faster than before, but still rather slow, even for my standards ;)
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

snubs wrote:It's been going up and down for me (speed wise). Nothing has been steady.
Same here.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yeah, definitely relapsed from how it was last time I was on. I knew it would slow down some eventually, that blazing speed was atypical, but it shouldn’t have dropped this much. This is just barely better than it was before! Very disappointing.
I would assume the sudden boost before was the server migration Shadowpaw mentioned, so clearly that did work, for a while. Hopefully the new lag is just the filesystem catching up to the move and it will work itself out soon.