Random Things That Remind You Of The ToO

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I went to www.thetoo.com in my browser and it reminded me of the ToO.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Jared Walczak came up as a recommended connection on LinkedIn. O___o
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

He's always on mine.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

I'm thinking I must have viewed his profile at some time and forgot about it, because we have no common information and no shared connections.

It was weird to see, because the ToO/SS and the rest of my online life are normally separate.
Countess
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Countess »

I'm obviously missing something. Who is Jared Walczak? o_0
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

For a while he was the leader of The Town Hall. I don't know too much of the history, but he made some unpopular decisions that led to people leaving and founding the ToO. He later joined, mainly for the purpose of debating.
Countess
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Countess »

What was his username?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Tea Ess wrote:For a while he was the leader of The Town Hall. I don't know too much of the history, but he made some unpopular decisions that led to people leaving and founding the ToO.
Shadowpaw recounts many events of that era in this excellent article.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Thank you, bookworm.

Countess, his username is Clodius Albinus.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I was at a rummage sale and saw a nice Blackhawks magnet and Bears magnet and thought of KF. The thought I had was "If I knew him in person I'd pick those up as a cool little gift!"
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Last night I dreamed that Top renamed himself "dreamy" and ran for mayor and snubs funded his campaign.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

..and he called his team THE DREAM TEAM featuring none other than Mr. Dreamy himself. \:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This part of the Rio closing ceremony made the think of Top, of course.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

If only Godzilla had been there as well. :(
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Maybe he'll be at the opening ceremonies 4 years from now to light the torch! \:D/

...Now, that idea started as a joke, but now I really want it to happen. :anxious:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

An animatronic Godzilla had better be part of their opening ceremony. Not a joke. It would be epic if it lit the cauldron with that energy blast, but there's no way that would happen. But it needs to be out walking around for sure.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I don't think it's an impossibility, Japan has been on a big pro-Godzilla kick since the Americans made a fairly successful film. They just opened a Godzilla hotel and made him their honorary tourism ambassador or something weird like that--and the latest Japanese Godzilla movie that opened about a month ago has broken all previous theatrical records in the country (the synopsis I read sounds really, really dumb, but maybe it translates better when you actually see it, supposedly going to be available to view in the States by the end of the year), so... if the momentum continues for four years I could see it happening.

I actually hadn't watched the clip yet when I commented, just knew Mario was in it... now that I've seen it included a handful of other popular Japanese things (Hello Kitty, Pac-Man, anime-ish things that looked sort of familiar but I didn't know anything about), I'm a little surprised they didn't get Godzilla in there.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

(the synopsis I read sounds really, really dumb, but maybe it translates better when you actually see it, supposedly going to be available to view in the States by the end of the year), so... if the momentum continues for four years I could see it happening.
Isn't this sorta true of all the Godzilla movies? because the movie is for Godzilla, not the plot?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'm having a Cub filled morning. I saw a headline online about the Cubs clinching and just a few minutes later saw a guy wearing a Cubs shirt then a little while later I saw a Cubs baseball card at a sale. All made me think of, and happy for KF.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Tea Ess wrote:For a while he was the leader of The Town Hall. I don't know too much of the history, but he made some unpopular decisions that led to people leaving...
So, we killed Town Hall, and Soda Shoppe is killing us? Jesus said something about this...
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.