Inspiration4 spaceflight

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Inspiration4 spaceflight

Post by bookworm »

We have another groundbreaking event in space flight this week. I would have posted about it beforehand, but I actually didn't fully understand what this one was until I was watching the stream of the launch. I thought it was just the next in the series of short tourism flights we've begun to see, but it's much more than that.

It's not just a brief low altitude joyride, this is the first ever all-civilian orbital mission and will last three days. It's a private mission financed by a CEO who is commanding the four person crew and is being documented for a Netflix series. The event is also raising money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Here was the launch:

Edit:

Splashdown!

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's cool! I hadn't heard about this at all. I like the idea of using it as a fundraiser. It sounds a little less self-indulgent that way. ;)