Which episodes make you cry?

...or really touch your heart

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Which episodes make you cry?

Post by LizzieG »

Having grown up with Odyssey, I find myself getting emotional sometimes when the characters do. Here are some of the scenes that especially get to me:

-Connie and Eugene's salvations, especially Eugene's, since we'd been waiting a lot longer for him to come to Christ.
-The scene in Bernard and Joseph when Joseph reveals his true identity to his brothers. That didn't use to affect me, but it did the last time I heard that episode
-Whit's leaving, and everyone reactions...especially after I found out that Hal Smith had died
-In A Question About Tasha, when Jack's talking about his wife...that gets me every time
-The Turning Point. The acting in that scene when Katrina tells Eugene she's leaving is so powerful!
-The Mortal Coil...pretty much the whole thing
-Someone to Watch over me. That last scene where Nagle explains everything to Jimmy.

There are a lot more, but I didn't want to bore you guys to death. So, please, someone respond so I know I'm not the only one who gets sentimental about fictional characters :anxious:
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Ive never cried but anytime Connie cries over mitch I feel sad....
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

No Greater Love. That one actually made me cry a little when I heard it.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I've never really cried either, but I find myself getting teary-eyed a lot more than I used to. The weird thing is, most "sad" movies out there don't affect me as much as some of the Odysseys.
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

Karen makes me sad, but I don't cry on it.

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

jasodia wrote:Karen makes me sad, but I don't cry on it.
It's a good thing you don't cry on it. You wouldn't want to get it all wet.
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I can't remember whether or not 'Karen' makes me cry, but it always makes me sad.
I always cry during the Novacom series when Connie thinks Mitch is dead. Pretty much every time Connie is crying it makes me cry...
Me
An original

Post by Me »

The last one I remember that got me very close to crying was Always. Such an amazing episode.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

LizzieG wrote: -Whit's leaving, and everyone reactions...especially after I found out that Hal Smith had died
-In A Question About Tasha, when Jack's talking about his wife...that gets me every time
I definitely have to agree about those two! Sometimes when I feel like crying, I'll listen to "Gone..." and "...But Not Forgotten" - they never cease to make me sad, so I don't like listening to them when I feel happy. :anxious: And in "A Question About Tasha" Jack is so sweet, but it's so terribly sad. :sniff:
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I agree with the people who've said

"Gone", "But Not Forgotten", and "a question about tasha", and Eugene's conversion was really emotional as well.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Clara.

The Prodigal, Jimmy.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Me wrote:The last one I remember that got me very close to crying was Always. Such an amazing episode.
Same here, as well as Gone... Clara, The Mortal Coil, and several more

I'm not sure how many of those I cry in per se, but I know I get teary eyed.

Oh! When Eugene Comesbeack, and finds his Father, as well as when he Finds Christ.

The most recent was Always though.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

The Prodigal, Jimmy, Now More Then Never, Clara, Karen. Thats all i can really think of

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Karen
The Very Best of Friends
Gone
Clara
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

Clara & The Mortal Coil
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

When I was younger, I cried during Clara. It really is a sad one.
amberluvspiano
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by amberluvspiano »

Clara and when Connie and Mitch break up.
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

I cried buckets when I was listening to "Clara", "Gone", and "The Mortal Coil". I also cried when Jenny died in "Recollections", and I almost cried when I was listening to "Silent Night" when the Whittakers were dealing with their first Christmas without Jerry.

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

the_newfie_haystack wrote:I cried buckets when I was listening to "Clara", "Gone", and "The Mortal Coil". I also cried when Jenny died in "Recollections", and I almost cried when I was listening to "Silent Night" when the Whittakers were dealing with their first Christmas without Jerry.

Haystack
Oh, that reminds me! I listened to "Silent Night" the first time and was fine, but when I listened a second time, I was definitely tearing up! Some parts were sooo sad! :sniff:

Wow, I'm starting to sound like the weepiest person on the planet! ;)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

"I Slap Floor" :mecry: